• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

Spoilers, as usual, in The Order review?
I want to watch it, but I managed to avoid spoilers so far, and I'd like to keep it that way...

Raitaro

Entertaining as always.

Haven't played either game, but his review of HM2 seems to be in line with what I've heard people on podcasts say as well (i.e. that it's a inferior and perhaps unnecessary sequel) while his review of Ori is pretty much the opposite of the common positive opinion. Going by my first impressions of Ori based on watching footage, I think I'll probably be siding with his critical view of the game though.

explodet

Great game for Yahtzee, he got to enjoy the game AND complain about it.

Nobody tell him about Armored Core, FROM's OTHER game

Lexad

I remember watching Yathzee so much back in High School, some 8 years ago. Started getting into his videos again. hasn't lost his touch

explodet

I assume there are spoilers? He's usually very fast and loose with them.
He doesn't reveal who the Arkham Knight is, but he does talk about the fates of certain characters and comes achingly close to one of the game's big plot points without spoiling it.

If you haven't played it yet, go play it first, this review will still be there. The most important thing he wants to get through is that he has a new game out on mobile and in browsers.

NotLiquid

I'd say that was one of his more poor reviews. While he's in his right to consider 3D Land/World to be lesser games they're hardly games worth downplaying the series' intent over, and they're barely indications of Nintendo running out of ideas as the latter was heavily designed to be the first 3D multiplayer platformer experience. The idea that Mario Maker is Nintendo "giving up" on the series instead of acknowledging it for the 30th Anniversary celebration that it is, is selling the game really damn short, along with the idea that it's not a versatile maker even when you compare it to rom hacking.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya Mario Maker review was pretty trash. Love yahtzee, but he was way off base there.. and was just his normal nintendo rants. Which is a shame because this is one of the best games they've put out in some time.

Dicer

Banned
Ya Mario Maker review was pretty trash. Love yahtzee, but he was way off base there.. and was just his normal nintendo rants. Which is a shame because this is one of the best games they've put out in some time.

He's just a dead horse when it comes to Nintendo at this point...

poncle

Yahtzee is fun, but he sucks at actually playing games.
Should have kept making games, Trilby was great and his adventure games where interesting too.

Top Bottom