• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There’s no arrogance like Sony arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYE

This one made me lol..

penny-arcade-lollipop.jpg

apana

My main beef with them is they created Securom and the whole OtherOS fiasco. Otherwise I mostly like them and I like the PS3.

Orca

The most ridiculous is the redefining of leadership to be some unknowable and undefinable Sony quality not dependent on sales. That one showed me they were having some issues coming around.

Man, I love my PS3, and I loved my 360 when I owned it (sold it), but I hope Sony knows that their arrogance is not stopping me from buying a Wii U and all my multiplatform games on it.

Acrylic7

those quotes are down right hilarious.
I would seriously consider bolting my mouth shut If I represented a major company and said some outlandish shit like that.

and whats really crazy is that these quotes are beyond contradiction and irony.

Well SonyDefenseForce will take a few hours to get in here. They're probably busy assembling their own set of quotes to claim how "all companies are arrogant!", but let's face it, there was a reason why the tide turned so swiftly at the start of this gen.

PR Wise, Microsoft had the extremely likeable Peter Moore, (who admittedly made some mistakes [things break] , but was very down-to-earth), while Sony had one arrogant loud-mouth after another just shitting on Microsoft and Nintendo and claiming victory for the PS3. It's because of that shit that people started mocking them with the "Year of the PS3".

Now Nintendo execs (mainly reggie) have made some bullish remarks, and I'm sure you can find numerous distasteful remarks from Microsoft as well (Phil Spencer), but none will match up to the pure arrogance and baffling stupidity of Sony execs.

One gem the OP missed - Kawano on Vita, last September:

Regarding 3DS, Kawano said that internally Sony does not believe that 3DS and Vita will be competing directly. The two products are extremely different, he said, with different looks and a different price point. While he expects that there will be people who have just a Vita or people who have just a 3DS, he does not expect people buying a new portable to compare the two.

Mind you, this interview was conducted after the MH3G/MH4 betrayalton was announced.

kevm3

Sony was greatly humbled and they needed it. I feel now they are shutting up a lot more and actually focusing on delivering games.

Well SonyDefenseForce will take a few hours to get in here. They're probably busy assembling their own set of quotes to claim how "all companies are arrogant!", but let's face it, there was a reason why the tide turned so swiftly at the start of this gen.
It's not cause of those stupid quotes, it's cause PS3 was overpriced technical disaster.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
No arrogance like their fanboys also.

Ugh.

JoeInky

I don't think that's true, there's been a lot of excitement for the 3DS and Wii U release.

I was going to call out that other guy for pointing out your avatar as if it was some kind of argument, but come on, now you're just going over the top. The WiiU and 3DS' are incredibly mixed bags on here at the moment.

Almost all the "recent" quotes are normal quotes when referring to your own product. I mean does MS not say that they think their consoles the best? Nintendo says the same about their products. Would you feel more comfortable if people managing your business were extremely modest when talking about your products?

PR Wise, Microsoft had the extremely likeable Peter Moore, (who admittedly made some mistakes [things break] , but was very down-to-earth), while Sony had one arrogant loud-mouth after another just shitting on Microsoft and Nintendo and claiming victory for the PS3. It's because of that shit that people started mocking them with the "Year of the PS3".

Now Nintendo execs (mainly reggie) have made some bullish remarks, and I'm sure you can find numerous distasteful remarks from Microsoft as well (Phil Spencer), but none will match up to the pure arrogance and baffling stupidity of Sony execs.

The vast majority of console owners have no idea who Peter Moore is nor what Sony said pre-launch. I'm sure you find it more assuring to think your PR outrage is why the Xbox is ahead of the PS3 in sales but it's not. Earlier launch + launch price difference + xbox live is what got MS it's lead.

meppi

Their arrogance is one of the reasons why I've turned my back on them recently.
I've always bought just about any system that came out and I have close to 700 games for my various Sony systems, but after this gen and all the BS that has happened and continues to do so, I don't think I'll ever buy into their crap again...

No arrogance like their fanboys also.

Ugh.

Well, fanboys from all sides can be pretty terrible, but they certainly have been the most obnoxious ones of the past couple of years.

GDGF

Soothsayer
We've had threads about crazy old Yamauchi's quotes from the past (and you could probably write a book about some of the stuff that came out of his mouth)

Nothing wrong with this thread.

No kidding, why would anyone spend so much time unless they are on the clock. Hope there is some MS money for all the hard work.

Yes, I am a paid employee of Microsoft who has made the thread for their corporate agenda to be fulfilled. Strange that I am also one of GAF's more persistent critics of Microsoft's absolutely abhorrent Games for Windows Live system - terrible as it is, and we can only conclude that I am indeed a very complex and confused corporate shill .

But they make some damn fine games.

Of course they do. But we can discuss the broader industry at large on NeoGAF because, as I understand it, we enjoy it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So is this some out of nowhere thing or what is your point Mama? I know what you mean but why are you culling and dwelling on this old stuff?? PR doesn't make the games worse. Isn't that what matters in the end? Not sure what you're shooting for :p

Somebody has way way too much free time on their hands.

No kidding, why would anyone spend so much time unless they are on the clock. Hope there is some MS money for all the hard work.

YES

LET THE SALT FLOW LIKE A MIGHTY RIVER

Yep. Pretty sad when a MGS4 Trophy patch thread gets x100 more posts than something like Hybrid/Awesomenauts. Not to mention around the time Uncharted 3 came out there was 2 new Uncharted threads a day for 3 weeks.

I don't think this is arrogance. It's insecurity. Sony fans have tried very, very hard to make their games seem like "big deals" this gen on NeoGAF. You look at something like MGS4's OT or Uncharted 3, and these are clearly people with agenda's beyond enthusiasm for the game. These are people that want to make a difference and help their company of choice.

Arrogance is usually insecurity. Sony are insecure and it's contagious. Fanboys have been infected. War has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom