• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief (PS4 and PS3) is $30 on US PSN

Namikaze1

Is Thief good? I only have enough money to buy it or TR and while I already played the PS3, I'm interested in TR:DE.

Edit: Nevermind. I decided to get TR.

Does anyone have something positive to say about thief? Lol
Ehh, I've mostly enjoyed my short time with it, as a moody game where you can clamber about and swoop and pick locks and steal shit under guard's noses. The first person stuff feels good, and I've disabled all the aids and playing on master with fail-on-detection and no-kills or knockouts is providing the right level of tension.

Technically though, the game is poor in every measure. Long load times, loads of framerate drops, severe audio issues (no sounds, followed by random lines from guards down the street as if they were barking into your ears, only to be cut off mid word and back to the silence again), and shitty lip synching. Its unimpressive for last gen, so its doubly so when it chugs on the PS4.

But the formula itself seems like a decent one so far (open worldish, striking out from your bell tower nest and swooping onto the rooftops and skulking through alleyways in search of lucre from story missions and side jobs), as does the atmosphere, so it at least has me intrigued.

Ricker

Re asking because of last post on previous page...

Probably been asked but will the save from the retail copy of the game work with the digital copy...?I was up to the start of chapter 4 on PS4...(in other words,I rented)

Technically though, the game is poor in every measure. Long load times, loads of framerate drops, severe audio issues (no sounds, followed by random lines from guards down the street as if they were barking into your ears, only to be cut off mid word and back to the silence again), and shitty lip synching. Its unimpressive for last gen, so its doubly so when it chugs on the PS4.

you just desold me on this game. will wait till its like dirt cheap

schick85

They need to optimize this game. Patch it up or something. Other than that, I'd say it's on par with Tomb Raider "story, characterization, levels of fun"-wise.

I was a big fan of the Thief series, Deadly Shadows was my favourite. Can any Thief veterans tell me if this game is decent? It got mixed reviews but I heard that playing it on the hardest difficulty makes it feel more Thiefy. What were the major problems with it, other than the boring story/characters?

Tabasco

This game reminds me of Dishonored for some reason.

I guess it's a decent price for the people that are interested.

Aces&Eights

I guess the game really is that bad. Didn't it just come out this month?

The game is pretty bad. Enemy variety is slim, loading times horrendous, animations for every single loot item and drawer you open, dialouge for NPCs are 3 recycled lines. It feels like a chore to just play the thing imo.

OT: Glad I traded it in for MGS already. Got 30 credit at GS for it and only had to pay .60 for Ground Zeros.

Footos22

Forgot I Had 10 dollars psn credit for when I bought darksouls 2. Added 20 dollar psn credit for 12 quid. Voila thief has cost me 12 quid.

murgo

The game is pretty bad. Enemy variety is slim, loading times horrendous, animations for every single loot item and drawer you open, dialouge for NPCs are 3 recycled lines. It feels like a chore to just play the thing imo.

Man, I was considering buying it and giving up on the PS3 version. You reminded me of why I shouldn't waste any more money on it. Thank you!

@MaximusPrimus: Get inFAMOUS. It's brilliant.

ButchCat

I am really undecided on this, for those who played it, is it worth the heavily reduced price of admission or should I just double dip on TR:DE?

Ehh, I've mostly enjoyed my short time with it, as a moody game where you can clamber about and swoop and pick locks and steal shit under guard's noses. The first person stuff feels good, and I've disabled all the aids and playing on master with fail-on-detection and no-kills or knockouts is providing the right level of tension.

But the formula itself seems like a decent one so far (open worldish, striking out from your bell tower nest and swooping onto the rooftops and skulking through alleyways in search of lucre from story missions and side jobs), as does the atmosphere, so it at least has me intrigued.

What a shame

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Thanks, that's good news!

It's showing as £49.99 for me right now but if it is on sale hopefully it will drop in price soon and I'll pick it up.

It's just randomly alternating between 69,99€ and 34,95€ depending on which device I'm using. On PC it was 69,99€, then I checked it out through my iPhone's Playstation app and it was 69,99€ too on the Mobile version of the site. Then I changed to Desktop version and bam, 34,95€! Bought it in a heartbeat.

amardilo

It's just randomly alternating between 69,99€ and 34,95€ depending on which device I'm using. On PC it was 69,99€, then I checked it out through my iPhone's Playstation app and it was 69,99€ too on the Mobile version of the site. Then I changed to Desktop version and bam, 34,95€! Bought it in a heartbeat.

I just bought it via the website as it was showing as £24.99 for me, maybe it's a server/cache/store updating issue and it takes a while for every server to update.

Top Bottom