• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thimbleweed Park - a Ron Gilbert game |OT| Thirty-scumm years of adventures

Gorger

What do you guys think is the chance of this game ending up as a PS+ game? I bought almost every Double Fine game, and weeks later they all ended up as a free game anyways. I know TWP park is not a Double Fine game, but Ron Gilbert does have relations with them and might go for the same thing.

Just finished it, what a great game! Played on hard and took around 9 hours, but I did use the hint line quite a few times when I was totally stuck (
often realising that I was doing the right thing with wrong command!
. Only thing that I would have cut out a bit was the elevator rides, if not by reducing floors but by having an option to skip them.

The game also has the worst
jumpscare out there holy shit Edna

oatmeal

Banned
How does this work on console? Just move the arrow with the analog?

Worth it? It's coming to Switch tomorrow (tonight).

apd_ng

How does this work on console? Just move the arrow with the analog?

Worth it? It's coming to Switch tomorrow (tonight).

There's controller support on the PC version; unless they made a lot of changes to the UI, one of the sticks emulate the mouse cursor and you just move to whatever option you want

epmode

The iOS port is excellent, by the way. The verb thing really lends itself to a touchscreen. I didn’t notice any framerate downgrades either.

bounchfx

holy shit had no idea this was out so soon. Still trying to decide if I just want to get this on PC for half the price but the idea of portability on the switch means i'll probably actually play the game there

Li Kao

I'm assuming only analogue in docked, but they confirmed touchscreen option for handheld.

I never tried, but is the Switch screen compatible with the 3ds stylus ? (protected screen of fucking course, I wouldn't approach these little screen destroyers near my Switch otherwise)

I never tried, but is the Switch screen compatible with the 3ds stylus ? (protected screen of fucking course, I wouldn't approach these little screen destroyers near my Switch otherwise)

It's a capacitive screen, so no. They do sell styluses for those types of screens for real cheap though.

No pointer controls, I'm assuming, right? That would have been nice.

Still getting it when I get home though. Cannot wait to play it (in bed using the touch screen :3)!

Hmm, I'll miss the Wii for adventures. Infrared Aiming was just so good. Playing Broken Sword in Co-Op was the best.

Getting this game on switch anyways.

Haunted

Should have been added already according to the usual time... Hope it's not a Gonner Situation with a last minute delay.

Haunted

Switch controller options are very generous, I like it. Both touch and controller support seem well thought out.

VeeP

The Switch screen is bigger and this is a text reading game.

Yea, I would prefer it on Switch. But it just sucks because I have an iPad and I'll probably get a iPhone Plus, so with the higher resolution on those screens text reading won't really be a problem. It just sucks that the Switch version (and other versions) are 2x the price of the Mobile version. Anyways, I'll probably just wait for a sale or something. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Haunted

Maybe spoke too soon on the controller/touch thing or maybe I'm just missing something, I can't figure out a way to highlight all hotspots with a controller (it's hold touch with touch controls).

Love how snappy the characters move and animate.

Plum

Wondering whether to get this or not now it's on Switch. For someone whose adventure game experience amounts to playing the Homestar Runner game years ago, will I find this fun?

Updated the OP with a few console/mobile reviews - notable that these people are actually playing a better game then existed at release as there have been patches since that added dialogue between the protagonists and other stuff (still need to reinstall to check out the arcade room).

Hope the console ports sell well, the game deserves to at any rate.

Turnbl

Does anyone know if the Switch version contains the answerphone audio files? If my message is in the game I'm doubling dipping purely to exist on my Switch, if not I'm not!

Picked this up on the Switch and I've put about 2, maybe 2 and a half hours, into it so far. I'm really liking it a lot. I haven't always had a ton of luck with Adventure Games in the past, something about their specialized logic puzzles just go over my head. However, even on "Hard" mode I'm not having any significant issues.

Love the atmosphere and the very Twin Peaks/X-Files vibe. Can't wait until after work to get some more time in for sure!

I'm really enjoying this, it takes me back to the days I played Space Quest 6 as a kid. I know the later ones aren't really loved, but that's just what it reminds me of. I'm actually sad that I didn't discover click and point adventure games until much later in my life.

Loving the humor and the setting a lot. It's been well established that it's a good game, so I'll mention how the Switch version is running: the game looks very good and it controls okay-ish. The only thing I find annoying is that you can't adjust the cursor speed. I find myself hovering over an item and I want to "pull" it instead of the standard "look" or "use". It's easy to use the d-pad to select the action, but then you have to slooooowly go back to the item or thing you want to pull.

It's a minor annoyance.

Top Bottom