• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"This game was developed by WHO?!" moments

balohna

This post made me feel old, because I remember going ‘why are the Spider-Man people making Call of Duty now?’

Same, and before that I was like "whoa, the people that made the Dreamcast ports of Tony Hawk games make their own games now!"

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Friday the 13th for NES by Atlus. I guess they had to make money to buy the Megami Tensei license from Namco somehow.

Found this out today actually.

Did you find out via my Facebook post? ;)

Also - Home Alone NES by Bethesda, Kid Chameleon by Mark Cerny, and when I was younger learning Faxanadu and Legacy of the Wizard were by Falcom.

PSqueak

Banned
Star Control and Skylanders developer Toys for Bob also made this magical girl crossover game.
LittleWitchingMischiefsFrontCover.jpg

Thank you for posting this, because fuck, i remember this game existing for a long time but not having any evidence!

Edit: you know, going by this thread, i think people need stop pretending From Software didn't exist before Soulsborne games.

Like, i get it, that's what a lot of you know them for, but they had numerous titles before y'all typecasted them as the souls guys.

I mean, they fucking made Metal Wolf Chaos!!!

Ogodei

250px-The_Dark_Brotherhood.jpg

By good old BioWare. How WTF is that?
And it it's a great game.

It was mechanically solid and some of their OCs (like Shade) were cool, but the back half of the story was a mess. Like the B-team that made it was mad they didn't get to do Mass Effect so they did it anyway (seriously, halfway through the game it becomes random space adventure).

ngFROMAN

Neo Member
Masahiro Sakurai, of Kirby and Smash, made
Meteos.jpg

Though, one look at the menu (which his wife designs) and you can pretty much assume.

Syril

Did you find out via my Facebook post? ;)

Also - Home Alone NES by Bethesda, Kid Chameleon by Mark Cerny, and when I was younger learning Faxanadu and Legacy of the Wizard were by Falcom.

Actually Faxanadu was made by Hudson Soft as a separate game from Falcom's Xanadu. The NES version of Legacy of the Wizard was made by Compile, funny enough. Falcom initially refused to develop for consoles themselves, a stance that would later lead to a major staff exodus after Ys III.

N4Us

aZIxDRE.jpg

This was a generic 90s PC FMV game, but was co-designed/video assistance by this certain Darren guy:

hL8e5Oo.png

Also the Sabrina the Teenage Witch games on GBC were developed by WayForward. Given that they were out before Shantae I wonder if these were done as starting stones because the designs scream beta Shantae.

i0ITuWt.jpg

Top Bottom