• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This guy is badass at Marble Madness. (Not TAS)

Tain

Good to know the game is even clearable. Always liked the game as a kid.

More American arcade games need to be doable on one credit.

And once you play TGM, it's impossible to play other (inferior) versions of Tetris ever again.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
:lol why were there 6 buttons on that Tetris cabinet?

That video was damn cool. I guess the guy just memorized the entire pattern of blocks falling and every different way he could place them? Unbelievable.

Oh yeah I forgot: "OMG HAX"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My thoughts as I watched that:

"That doesn't seem to harrr..OOOOMMMGG"

Edit: The Tetris vid, not the MM one.

DAMN at the Tetris video.

And props to the Marble Mad video. I sucked at the game hardcore back in the days...and prob still do.

thomaser

Mr Jared said:
o8zzp4.gif

Ok, this guy confuses the crap out of me with his weird faces. Where are these clips from? Anyone?

When I was little, Marble Madness was this mythical, magical game people who owned an Amiga whispered reverently about at school. I finally got to try it, and wow was it hard. I have it on NES and GB, maybe also GBC. Never got further than the fourth or fifth level.

sw26

Reminds me of playing the NES version as a kid. I could never beat that damn final stage.

Has there ever been any mention of the NES version coming to Virtual Console at all? I'd love to play it again.

stuminus3

Banned
That's really fun to watch, and a good reminder that trackball = the only way to play Marble Madness. You kids and your D-pads! This, my friends, is a "hardcore" gamer.

Syril

Wow, that's impressive. I have to use a mouse to do anywhere near that good, and I still end up losing a lot from dying.

JHarris

Honestly, by this point I'm a lot more impressed by the Marble Madness player. Tetris has been so obsessed over and has gotten steady releases for nearly two decades now, but Marble Madness was a one-off (unless you count the prototype-only sequel, RIP). And playing it with a trackball is at least twice as hard as playing with a gamepad.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
evilromero said:
It floors me how graphically sophisticated the game is for its time.
That, and the music is awesome by 1984 gaming standards.

Man, it's a shame that the sequel never got released... I want to play that.

Top Bottom