• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is not a joke? Jersey Shore Avatar Items

Roronoa95

thebagofsand said:
kZWCe.png

I've laughed so hard thank you for this !

Alx

I just realize how "avatar kinect" may be a smart idea after all, if it makes people buy such accessories to create characters for their short movies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Now, more than ever, I'm convinced the gaming industry needs a complete crash and reboot...

Krispy

A voice filter that gives you a terrible accent and butchers the English language. All for the low cost of 400 spacebucks.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
djtiesto said:
Now, more than ever, I'm convinced the gaming industry needs a complete crash and reboot...
There's plenty of reasons to think that that will happen, but this wouldn't even be in the top one hundred reasons of how or why.

djtiesto said:

"All this meaningless, optional shit that I'm capable of completely ignoring makes me hate gaming forever."

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
RooMHM said:
Microsoft is the cancer of video games since xbox.
Let's see, Microsoft brought the following to the forefront to consoles:

Hard Drives
Friend Lists
Online Play
Voice Chat
Achievements
Game Patches
Downloadable Content
Digital Download Service (XBLA)
Homebrew (XBLIG)

All of those have been HUGE in making gaming better this generation.

And sure, some of those have downsides associated, but that's more in how developers/publishers/players use them than Microsoft making them available.

RooMHM

Princess Skittles said:
Let's see, Microsoft brought the following to the forefront to consoles:

Hard Drives
Friend Lists
Online Play
Voice Chat
Achievements
Game Patches
Downloadable Content
Digital Download Service (XBLA)
Homebrew (XBLIG)

All of those have been HUGE in making gaming better this generation.

And sure, some of those have downsides associated, but that's more in how developers/publishers/players use them than Microsoft making them available.
The start of the downfall. What you're saying is basically that consoles have become powerless PC's. There are PC, there are consoles. Trying ot make a mix of both gives you shit, as we have now.
Also, Homebrew used to be free (most), now its 10€, Achievments are used by devs to make games shorter, downloadable content has led to paid DLC, on disk too, game patches have led to unfinished games (see Obsidian, Bethesda), voice chat isnt compatible with the console demographic, online play has led to multimedia platforms which have killed the "console" idea, hard drives made loading shorter but sometimes with mandatory installs (you install a game on console?!)... I could continue.

spirity

Just so I understand correctly, because I think I must be missing something here.. the guys who did this, previously did Atic Atac, Sabrewulf, Gunfright, Jetpac, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye, Kameo?

but now they're doing Snookie's Hair? Have I got that right?

MechDX

RooMHM said:
The start of the downfall. What you're saying is basically that consoles have become powerless PC's. There are PC, there are consoles. Trying ot make a mix of both gives you shit, as we have now.
Also, Homebrew used to be free (most), now its 10€, Achievments are used by devs to make games shorter, downloadable content has led to paid DLC, on disk too, game patches have led to unfinished games (see Obsidian, Bethesda), voice chat isnt compatible with the console demographic, online play has led to multimedia platforms which have killed the "console" idea, hard drives made loading shorter but sometimes with mandatory installs (you install a game on console?!)... I could continue.

You one of those Wii only owners?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
RooMHM said:
Please, don't. You aren't making a lick of sense.

Top Bottom