• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is not a joke? Jersey Shore Avatar Items

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
RooMHM said:
The start of the downfall. What you're saying is basically that consoles have become powerless PC's. There are PC, there are consoles. Trying ot make a mix of both gives you shit, as we have now.
Also, Homebrew used to be free (most), now its 10€, Achievments are used by devs to make games shorter, downloadable content has led to paid DLC, on disk too, game patches have led to unfinished games (see Obsidian, Bethesda), voice chat isnt compatible with the console demographic, online play has led to multimedia platforms which have killed the "console" idea, hard drives made loading shorter but sometimes with mandatory installs (you install a game on console?!)... I could continue.
Consoles have ALWAYS been less powerful PCs. They're all computers. The NES? It's a computer.

XBLIG prices range from 80 to 400 MS points ($1 to $5). Anybody wanting to make free software still has avenues to do that. XBLIG is the only home set-top box that allows hobbyists to make a sell their own games without the need for a publisher. This has launched careers for some developers, where they may not have had the opportunity to prior.

Achievements leading to shorter games makes ZERO sense. In fact, some games end up doubling or tripling the length of time a player aiming to score all achievements will play a game. You're desperately reaching to make your agenda at this point.

DLC has also allowed developers to add on to games where they previously couldn't, extending the life of a game. You also must have missed me stating this: "And sure, some of those have downsides associated, but that's more in how developers/publishers/players use them than Microsoft making them available."

Patches allow games to be fixed in an environment that previously left them permanently damaged. Again, you missed me stating this: "And sure, some of those have downsides associated, but that's more in how developers/publishers/players use them than Microsoft making them available."

Your comment on voice chat doesn't even make sense. Every Xbox 360 is compatible with voice chat. Again, in desperation to meet an agenda, you spit out some nonsense you placed no thought into.

There are maybe TWO Xbox 360 games with mandatory installs (both MMOs).

Continue please. You're just helping paint a picture and we all appreciate it.

Kaizer

Banned
thebagofsand said:
kZWCe.png
Now match this character with the "Bam!" video and its gold lmao.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The other day, I was trying to convince my friend that paying for avatar items is morally/ethically abhorrent... But I couldn't come up with an argument. :-( I just think it's really, really dumb. Anyone else have a more concrete critique than me?

Actually pretty funny... they should have more non-game related pop culture stuff like this. Netflix and other non-game services are so popular on consoles.

wutwutwut

Princess Skittles said:
Patches allow games to be fixed in an environment that previously left them permanently damaged. Again, you missed me stating this: "And sure, some of those have downsides associated, but that's more in how developers/publishers/players use them than Microsoft making them available."
No arguing this -- even the most famous NES and SNES games were rather buggy. Minus World, anybody?

What does suck is how MS says one free patch and that's it.
Your comment on voice chat doesn't even make sense. Every Xbox 360 is compatible with voice chat. Again, in desperation to meet an agenda, you spit out some nonsense you placed no thought into.
I think he meant not compatible with the console demographic, in terms of the amount of foul language on Xbox live.

Marleyman

Banned
I hate posters in this thread whining about the downfall of videogames because of this more than the actual avatar items.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I demand:

Pauly D's Blowout
Vinny's Beard
Ronnie's Arms
J. Woww's Boobs
Deena's Herpes
Sammi's Extensions
Angelina

Top Bottom