• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week Famitsu-Dengeki combo news (all in 1 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
orioto said:
Wait, i missed something. FFXIII has nothing of all that ??
That's completly strange, as what we've seen of Versus is basically houses or modern city, and XIII look like big outside places and forests....

The only thing I can think of is that Nomura has said that Versus overworld is more line with older FF games so XIII might be more like the recent FF's.

Defuser said:
PSP Gundam Vs Gundam (Namco Bandai)
- Arcade to handheld, with wireless mode (its focused on multiplayer)
- Gundam SEED, SEED Destiny, Gundam 00 characters included
- Releade Date: November, 5040Y

woot!! Must get!!!

Might get it too.

(Am probably the only SEED Destiny fan this side of the equator)

xero273

Defuser said:
PSP Gundam Vs Gundam (Namco Bandai)
- Arcade to handheld, with wireless mode (its focused on multiplayer)
- Gundam SEED, SEED Destiny, Gundam 00 characters included
- Releade Date: November, 5040Y

woot!! Must get!!!

yay wireless Gundam battles.

Kafel said:
Did someone see Meteos Wars ? Is it what we think it might be ?

Seriously, that's what I want to know. I just popped the Japanese version of Meteos in my DS the other day. I'd like to know more about Meteos Wars if it is what the title suggests.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
no Agito before XIII ? oh come on guys ! :(

it'd be like 2010 by then .. !! at least give us PE3 in the mean time :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh, and Agito won't be out before XIII.
Expected since SE's PSP releases are quite packed already with Dissidia, KH:BbS and PE3. Agito is so far awaaay... :(

XBLA is such a stupid choice for Meteos, if they wanted to do a console version, they should have chosen Wii Ware. Pointer controls would've been perfect!

No other news?

Zoe

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
(Shame on my null japanese skills to follow) Yup, its "Ore ga eiyuu de iinsuka?" or "Am I really the hero, dood?".

Fixed

or something like that, I don't really pay attention to the localization

Rlan

Interesting. Meteos? What an odd choice.

[Gimmie Gimmie]

I would have thought Gunpey would have come to the platform before Meteos did. Gunpey had problems on the PSP, and such a strange design for the DS version.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
(Shame on my null japanese skills to follow) Yup, its "Ore ga eiyuu de iinsuka?" or "Am I really the hero?".
I just used Googles Traslation of what you typed, and tried to make since of "POULIGNY me to my main character, Su II? ~" ^_^;

Jonnyram

Rlan said:
Interesting. Meteos? What an odd choice.

[Gimmie Gimmie]

I would have thought Gunpey would have come to the platform before Meteos did. Gunpey had problems on the PSP, and such a strange design for the DS version.
Yeah, I assume Gunpey won't be too far behind. Would quite like some new Lumines skins sometime too, or maybe some E4 DLC?

Rlan

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, I assume Gunpey won't be too far behind. Would quite like some new Lumines skins sometime too, or maybe some E4 DLC?

Yeah. Honestly I was hoping for Q? to do something completely brand new next as they've kind of whored their Lumines, Gunpeys and Meteos' as fa as they can kind of go. Heck Meteos on WiiWare would make more sense.

I would imagine we'll have to be looking at 1up for any kind of official scoop. Milkman seems to be the only guy Mizuguchi ever talks to anymore :lol

Deathsmiles port news is awesome! A really fun horizontal shooter that I'm sure will port well.

I do hope we also see Mushihimesama Futari Black Label and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu as well though. Deathsmiles is fun but not the best of the recent CAVE batch IMO.

Nomura says Versus is more like a typical FF game than XIII... travel across mountains, oceans, go into dungeons, kill summon beasts, etc.
XIII must be pretty wild if the action co-game is more "typical FF" than a mainline ATB-using FF.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Himuro said:
Waiting for Suikoden Tierkreis to be in Dengeki.
It's Dengeki PS this week.

Kyoufu said:
He is talking about game structure, not battle system (I think).
I think that's what he's saying too, but what does that mean for FFXIII?

Teknoman said:
FFXIII Versus is more traditional than the main series FFXIII entry? That just seems strange.

From a gameplay and setting standpoint, Versus is different. Versus will have a real time battle system and it's set in a realistic setting. I think what he's referring to is that it'll traditional in the sense of the way you move from area to area. You'll have have an actual overworld with an airship in Versus. So i'm guessing that XIII will be more along the lines of the recent FF games when it comes to that.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
So, how cheap can you get a used Xbox 360 Arcade in Japan?

I know people there and I'm thinking I'm going to have to get one. Three Cave games is too much.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Dudes in suits going into dungeons in the mountains...

...maybe i misjudged Versus, i'm gonna step back a bit from my hype train for it, as that sounds nothing like i expected from it, i mean it's not what comes to mind when you see the city, the skyscrapers, the suits, the whole thing.

Dascu

WrikaWrek said:
Dudes in suits going into dungeons in the mountains...

...maybe i misjudged Versus, i'm gonna step back a bit from my hype train for it, as that sounds nothing like i expected from it, i mean it's not what comes to mind when you see the city, the skyscrapers, the suits, the whole thing.
I feel the same way. I was expecting Versus to be more like FF7: Midgar Edition, focused on the city.

Princess Skittles said:
So, how cheap can you get a used Xbox 360 Arcade in Japan?

I know people there and I'm thinking I'm going to have to get one. Three Cave games is too much.

Last time I checked, 25,000 yen. But don't jump the gun just yet. At the CAVE matsuri in Tokyo a couple weeks ago I begged the guy working on the Ketsui and Dodonpachi to make both games region-free and he says he is very conscious of the needs of CAVE's overseas gamers and he's 'doing his best' on that issue. So wait to see if those two are region-free before you buy another box...

xero273

Pureauthor said:
Don't deny it - you like pink zaku.

damn, you caught me! Just give me pink zaku and lacus piloting it in Gundam vs and this will be my Game of the year. :D

How is the online play for psp? Is it very laggy for most of the games that have online play?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
adversesolutions said:
Last time I checked, 25,000 yen. But don't jump the gun just yet. At the CAVE matsuri in Tokyo a couple weeks ago I begged the guy working on the Ketsui and Dodonpachi to make both games region-free and he says he is very conscious of the needs of CAVE's overseas gamers and he's 'doing his best' on that issue. So wait to see if those two are region-free before you buy another box...
Oh, that would be wonderful.

Wurm

Banned
I've never been able to get into the Disgaea series, but have always appreciated the art-style, so this 2d PSP Prinny games sounds great! Can't find any scans, so I guess I'll have to wait for official media :D

fubarduck

adversesolutions said:

Damn, still wish I had known about the CAVE matsuri, I'd have hit that up in a heartbeat! It sounded so cool the way you described it. Either way, more SHMUPS to 360 is good news, import or not. I already have a Japanese 360, so . . . :lol

fubarduck said:
Damn, still wish I had known about the CAVE matsuri, I'd have hit that up in a heartbeat! It sounded so cool the way you described it. Either way, more SHMUPS to 360 is good news, import or not. I already have a Japanese 360, so . . . :lol

I shoulda posted it up on SRK, sorry man. They do em every year though so if you're in town...

Also, my report complete with pictures of hollaback girls:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=215.75

Good luck on Friday man. Rooting for you out here.

amodf

fubarduck said:

stop loafing and buy battle fantasia.

I need to get a Japanese 360. Ketsui, DDPDOJ, Otomedius, Raiden Fighters, now Deathsmiles...is there another shooter I'm forgetting?

adversesolutions said:
Oh wait maybe I don't. I expect they'll be locked, though. Life's cruel :(

adversesolutions said:

Well, I just bought a japanese 360 on ebay this week.

I know the guys working on the 360 ports know about the region-free issue and imports of the games (which will never see an USA localization considering the huge fees Cave wants) but keep in mind that there seems to be a Microsoft Japan directive that says "all Japanese releases should NOT be region free". I do not know why. Maybe licensing fees? higher if region-free?

Jonnyram said:
Raiden IV on Oct 2

Raiden IV has a better chance of localization.

My Japanese system arrives that the beginning of the month. I want to pre-order Otomedius. Anyone with a Play Asia coupon to spare? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom