• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week Famitsu-Dengeki combo news (all in 1 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for for a NA release of Kizuna, Zwei, the Higurashi game and Prinny (and, of course, that they don't suck because they sound really interesting). But out of all of those Prinny has the highest chance.

Awntawn

Teknoman said:
FFXIII Versus is more traditional than the main series FFXIII entry? That just seems strange.
Neither Versus nor Agito should be considered any less "main series entries" than FFXIII unnamed. Three key people were given the assignment to each give their interpretation of the theme they set for FFXIII. While Toriyama's project appears to be the more true evolutionary successor to the series in terms of gameplay mechanic and style, Nomura's and Tabata's games should be considered on that same level in terms of quality.

I don't think any of the titles should be considered "spinoffs", and they're definitely not side-projects. A lot of people are thinking FFXIII and the other two games in the series, when I think what SE really intends for us to think is that there are, quite simply, 3 FFXIII's.

Awntawn said:
Neither Versus nor Agito should be considered any less "main series entries" than FFXIII unnamed. Three key people were given the assignment to each give their interpretation of the theme they set for FFXIII. While Toriyama's project appears to be the more true evolutionary successor to the series in terms of gameplay mechanic and style, Nomura's and Tabata's games should be considered on that same level in terms of quality.

I don't think any of the titles should be considered "spinoffs", and they're definitely not side-projects. A lot of people are thinking FFXIII and the other two games in the series, when I think what SE really intends for us to think is that there are, quite simply, 3 FFXIII's.
The oldest rule of dimension hopping is that same matter can't occupy same space. Therefore, if these three FFXIII are indeed all claiming to the be the real FFXIII, the only thing that remains is for them to fight to the death for the very right to exist.

Segata Sanshiro said:
The oldest rule of dimension hopping is that same matter can't occupy same space. Therefore, if these three FFXIII are indeed all claiming to the be the real FFXIII, the only thing that remains is for them to fight to the death for the very right to exist.

Given all we know about the games they might as well be nonentities, so I guess they can occupy the same space.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Apparently Rune Frontier Factory is hitting Japan November 27th:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169622

And that's still not even the half of it. To be blunt, Frontier is a huge world, with everything from whale-shaped islands in the sky to a mail service that lets you exchange items with your Rune Factory 2 game, and if you're an OCD personality game-wise, you may want to pay close attention before it ensnares you permanently. Japanese Wii owners will get their first glance at the Neverland-developed title November 27; the game has not been formally announced for America yet.

vareon

schuelma said:

And that's still not even the half of it. To be blunt, Frontier is a huge world, with everything from whale-shaped islands in the sky to a mail service that lets you exchange items with your Rune Factory 2 game, and if you're an OCD personality game-wise, you may want to pay close attention before it ensnares you permanently. Japanese Wii owners will get their first glance at the Neverland-developed title November 27; the game has not been formally announced for America yet.

Wow, that sounds promising except the last sentence :|

schuelma

vareon said:

I think they're wrong on that actually- I'm pretty sure it was announced for N.A around E3, with an early 09 release planned.

Zihark

vareon said:
Well 1-up needs to get current, before E3 MMV USA and Xseed announced they're bringing the game to NA in Q1 2009. But this is really good news, hope Natsume doesn't mess up RF2 localization.

good news for versus...hopefully it is a DQ style overworld though!

Damnit, I wanted a vast DQ style overworld in ffxiii...hopefully the world is at least seemless as possible

Jonnyram

Chiaroscuro said:
Raiden IV has a better chance of localization.

My Japanese system arrives that the beginning of the month. I want to pre-order Otomedius. Anyone with a Play Asia coupon to spare? Thanks.
Oh, and there's Shikigami no Shiro III if you didn't cave in and buy the Wii version. The 360 version is Japan only I believe.

And even better, we don't get any of the shitty Milestone games on 360. They all seem to be going to Wii.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
(Shame on my null japanese skills to follow) Yup, its "Ore ga eiyuu de iinsuka?" or "Am I really the hero?".

Dood, you've always been the hero

I hope the story line is all the Prinnys rising up to over throw all those who treated them poorly - The prinnys shall rule the underworld!

Tenbatsu

schuelma said:

Japan is really getting all the good Wii games really fast:(

Jonnyram said:
Oh, and there's Shikigami no Shiro III if you didn't cave in and buy the Wii version. The 360 version is Japan only I believe.

And even better, we don't get any of the shitty Milestone games on 360. They all seem to be going to Wii.

Yeah, it is a shame I lost the 25% off summer sale on Play Asia. I looked Shikigame III and it was like US$ 40. Later in the day it was full price again....

As soon as I grab one discount cupom for PlayAsia I will pre-order Otomedius. Still looking for a good price on Shikigame III and Raiden Fighters.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
STG said:

Tain said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Deathsmiles is not that good. Don't get too excited. The new Dodonpachi on the other hand...

schuelma

Volcynika said:
I thought Rune Factory Frontier was announced for NA to hit Q1 09...guess I heard wrong.

No, you remember correctly. 1up has it wrong.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Zwei PSP has to come here... but then again we got screwed out of Sora no Kiseki :( Falcom may love the PSP but they hate 'murka. :(

Speaking about other games that should come here... Manjimaru 360... The original is a fantastic game.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Rummy Bunnz said:
I need to get a Japanese 360. Ketsui, DDPDOJ, Otomedius, Raiden Fighters, now Deathsmiles...is there another shooter I'm forgetting?
The mentioned Shikigami no Shiro III, Raiden Fighters Aces, the Treasure game and supposedly Triangle Service has something.

Then there are all the shooters on XBLA.

why does the 360 get all these shooters? i mean, why jp companies don't decide to publish them for example on the PSN, they "shouldn't" have much problem with that..

is there any benefit in porting/making their shooters for the 360 instead of PS3?

zoku88

intheinbetween said:
why does the 360 get all these shooters? i mean, why jp companies don't decide to publish them for example on the PSN, they "shouldn't" have much problem with that..

is there any benefit in porting/making their shooters for the 360 instead of PS3?
I think they believe that only hardcore otaku have 360's... which is basically the same audience as the shooters have?

That could be it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Seiken said:
Think this technical detail:

yakuza_3-2-m.jpg

With this awesome environment:

yakuza2.jpg

'tis gonna be awesome, I tell you.

I can't wait to see that man! Oh yeah.

Yaweee

What does it say about Devil Summoner 2? I can't find info from the article anywhere (Atlus' webpage says they upped Raidou's running speed, at least).

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
djtiesto said:
Zwei PSP has to come here... but then again we got screwed out of Sora no Kiseki :( Falcom may love the PSP but they hate 'murka. :(
The problem with Legend of Heroes VI is that every company interested in it has stated that there's no way they'd make the money back on them based on the cost of translating the massive scripts the games have. I mean, we're talking an inordinate amount of text that would need to be translated. A couple of companies have actually looked into it.

Olaeh

schuelma said:

RF:F + AC:CF + FFXI game changing.

Damn, I might as well quit my job now.

Aeana

Zwei PSP? :\ The first Zwei is probably one of my least-favorite Falcom games, and everybody I know feels the same way. I guess it could be some sort of tie-in with Zwei 2, but I'd really like to see them at least port YsF and YsO to PSP or something. I'd also like to hear what the new Brandish project is going to be (and about Ys 7, of course).

Princess Skittles said:
The problem with Legend of Heroes VI is that every company interested in it has stated that there's no way they'd make the money back on them based on the cost of translating the massive scripts the games have. I mean, we're talking an inordinate amount of text that would need to be translated. A couple of companies have actually looked into it.

I didn't know companies actually looked at it, but this is always the reason why I figured nobody ever picked it up. They have more text than most games I've ever played.

intheinbetween said:

Lower license fees?

That was the reason DC was the shooter console last gen (until very recentely). The small fan base will buy the game in any console you concentrate the games, so there is more profit with less fees.

Sakurai wasn't involved with Meteos Disney Edition was he?

Is he involved with Meteos Wars?! o_O

Probably not, as he devoted all of his time to Brawl. But that was 8 months ago...

Shouta

Princess Skittles said:

I didn't even think they were any companies still around in the States that would consider doing another Legend of Heroes game for the PSP, especially after that miserable as shit localization of The Gagharv Trilogy.

I'm probably going to start Sora no Kiseki pretty soon but I'm already realizing that the scripts are absolutely MASSIVE. It's really a game that Vic Ireland would love to do or so, heh.

Tain

Deathsmiles is not that good. Don't get too excited. The new Dodonpachi on the other hand...

I know it's a pretty (relatively) laid back easy going kinda game, and I'm sure it's very very atypical for Cave. Still, new home port and all that shit.

Weirdest part is that Cave is porting (ew, after mushi/iba) and publishing (whooaaaaaa this could be awesome news) themselves.

Tain said:
I know it's a pretty (relatively) laid back easy going kinda game, and I'm sure it's very very atypical for Cave. Still, new home port and all that shit.

Weirdest part is that Cave is porting (ew, after mushi/iba) and publishing (whooaaaaaa this could be awesome news) themselves.

Yeah I'm happy we're getting a port, but really a game like Mushihimesama Futari Black Label is a better choice strictly in terms of gameplay. It also happens to be Ikeda's favorite CAVE game.

Someone else mentioned that the new Dodonpachi should be ported, but really I think Mushi Futari takes precedence over that since Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu has had a weird reception in arcades due to auto-bomb and the ridiculous beginner-friendly bomb mode.

Deadly

Does the article explain WHICH wireless for Gundam vs Gundam? I'm hoping for infrastructure for once but I doubt that'll ever happen....

duckroll

Deadly said:
Does the article explain WHICH wireless for Gundam vs Gundam? I'm hoping for infrastructure for once but I doubt that'll ever happen....

Infrastructure in Japan? Stop smoking that weed! :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hero of legend said:
Sakurai wasn't involved with Meteos Disney Edition was he?

Is he involved with Meteos Wars?! o_O

Probably not, as he devoted all of his time to Brawl. But that was 8 months ago...
He was only with Q for a short time after looking into it, between leaving Nintendo and making Sora.

creamsugar

2 new games:

YuGiOh 5D's Wheelie Breakers for Wii, a race game from KONAMI.
Sakatsuku DS Touch and Direct from SEGA, the soccer management game.

Dascu

creamsugar said:
2 new games:

Sakatsuku DS Touch and Direct from SEGA, the soccer management game.
There's also a new King Story scan. Shows a new worker character and a mad demon cow enemy. :lol

The only thing more exhilarating than children's card games are children's card games on bikes.

...Speaking of which, I should go check if TAS has been updated recently.

vareon

Pureauthor said:
The only thing more exhilarating than children's card games are children's card games on bikes.

...Speaking of which, I should go check if TAS has been updated recently.

You already know the truth :

Because in the future, card game will be played on motorbikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom