• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week Famitsu-Dengeki combo news (all in 1 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriyama: "FFXIII will definitely not be coming out on 360 in Japan."
Nomura says Versus is more like a typical FF game than XIII... travel across mountains, oceans, go into dungeons, kill summon beasts, etc.

Woa! What a pair of headlines

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They seriously need to make those shooters region-free on the 360...

The whole point of region-locking is to not cut into sales when the game hits another region, but the games aren't even getting ported - they need to think about how much more they'd make having them region-free...

I'd seriously import them all if I could...

mrs09t.jpg

http://www.nippon1.co.jp/news/pdf/2008/20080829.pdf
http://prinny.jp/

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Prinny game looks awesome. It certainly will have Disgaea's usual level of humor, so if with those visuals it also has good gameplay and level design, I'm sold.

Zoe

^ :O

That's a pretty big spoiler there, dood.

(though I guess you wouldn't really know unless you've seen it)

Dascu

There's new scans out for Rune Factory Frontier (showing a boss battle against a big octopus), Winds of Nostalgio (AKA Skies of Arcadia DS) and some bigger scans for Kizuna.

Lain

Zoe said:
^ :O

That's a pretty big spoiler there, dood.

(though I guess you wouldn't really know unless you've seen it)

What would be the spoiler? That the prinny is Laharl/looks like Laharl? Isn't that on the same level as Aerith dieing? I mean...

I hope that game gets published in NA or Europe, I want it.

Lain said:
What would be the spoiler? That the prinny is Laharl? Isn't that on the same level as Aerith dieing? I mean...

I hope that game gets published in NA or Europe, I want it.

That's not the prinny laharl, he looks different.
prinny.jpg

I hope NIS America announces this soon because I don't wanna have to import.

pic01.jpg

Durante

I extracted the screenshots from the pdf:
34y5sea.png

32ztbb6.png

r9pqol.png

a3kxfm.png

2s6oo4p.png

6dsn5w.png

I'm interested in this one, and I'm quite positive that NISA will localize it.

Amir0x

Banned
side scrolling action Disgaea?

Well that's pretty much the opposite of the reason I ever played a Disgaea game, but I'll bite

Aeana

Zwei isn't a very good game. :\ I don't know why they're porting it to PSP, as I'm pretty sure it wasn't very popular. I guess it's a tie-in with Zwei 2. I can't recommend it, regardless.

translation for ff Versus 13 interview (thanks to epsilon):

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4766

good to know your team is together from the beginning...also other characters are playable. Gameplay is still action orientated....world is modelled around italy, although there will be many nature areas....Trailer will be shown at TGS, voice acting not in place yet...

this is pretty much a full blown ff...seems like its going to be a big game....Im actually as hyped for this as for ffxiii

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
translation for ff Versus 13 interview (thanks to epsilon):

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4766

good to know your team is together from the beginning...also other characters are playable. Gameplay is still action orientated....world is modelled around italy, although there will be many nature areas....Trailer will be shown at TGS, voice acting not in place yet...

this is pretty much a full blown ff...seems like its going to be a big game....Im actually as hyped for this as for ffxiii

He didn't say the other characters are playable. He said that since this is a "FF" game, he's considering giving the player some degree of control over the party members as well. The design of the world that the Prince lives in is based on Shinjuku, but the outside world uses Italy as a base. He didn't say there will be "many" natural areas at all, but he said "Of course there will also be natural areas", as opposed to the entire game taking place in cities. He goes on to mention that it is very much a "FF" game in the sense that you will be adventuring across fields and mountains, and entering dungeons, and defeating summon beasts to acquire them, etc.

Even if you took off the Cave logo and didn't know anything about Death Smilies you could still easily tell that this boxart is for a 2D shooter.

Sad to say.

duckroll said:
He didn't say the other characters are playable. He said that since this is a "FF" game, he's considering giving the player some degree of control over the party members as well. The design of the world that the Prince lives in is based on Shinjuku, but the outside world uses Italy as a base. He didn't say there will be "many" natural areas at all, but he said "Of course there will also be natural areas", as opposed to the entire game taking place in cities. He goes on to mention that it is very much a "FF" game in the sense that you will be adventuring across fields and mountains, and entering dungeons, and defeating summon beasts to acquire them, etc.

cheers...

closed theatre again at tgs damnit... If I lived in Japan I would probably bust that joint with a digger and heist the reel

Yaweee

So was there really SMT Raidou 2 stuff in this week's magazines? If so, I can't find any information about it, anywhere.

I'm one of three people on the planet that actually cares about the game, so that is probably the reason why.

Abel

Yaweee said:
So was there really SMT Raidou 2 stuff in this week's magazines? If so, I can't find any information about it, anywhere.

I'm one of three people on the planet that actually cares about the game, so that is probably the reason why.

Yup, there were :D Showed/Talked about Narumi, Tae, and that chick with the white dress and short hair from the trailer ;)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hero of legend said:
Then explain the posts above of photos.

Yeah, I'm confused.

Those are direct-feed screens and not famitsu scans xD

cw_sasuke said:
Those are direct-feed screens and not famitsu scans xD

XD I was reffering to the post above that akachan ningen made that shows a photo of a page that talks about characters that become prinnies!

Bo130

Didn't want to start a new thread.

Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360, Square Enix): 9 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)
Pokemon Platinum (NDS, Nintendo): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Theresia: Dear Emile (NDS, Arc System Works): 8 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)
Spore Creatures (NDS, EA): 6 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (29/40)
Gakken Mu Henshuubu Kanshuu: Choujou Genshou Research File (NDS, Global A): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Quiz Magic Academy DS (NDS, Konami): 9 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)
One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 (Wii, Bandai Namco): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
Atsumare! Viva Pinata 2: Garden wa Dai-Punch (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Double Clutch [Conflict: Denied Ops] (PS3/Xbox 360, Spike): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom