• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week japanese magazines news

ethelred

carlos said:
I take it from the top right screenshot of the tales wii scan that the game has no overworld map? it seems you just point to wherever you want to go....
It would suck if I'm right......somebody, ease my fears!

The ToS Wii game seems to be more like a Tales of the World spinoff. And yes, it uses a point and click map.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MassiveAttack said:
ancafe-dance.gif
Um, I'm missing what's going on here...

Sharp

Darji said:
Sorry but this looks awful....
Oh apparently this is only because it's a scan and therefore the image is slightly larger than the original page. Don't you worry, if you keep it at a very, very small size it will look beautiful!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
people are SHOCKED that mingol PS3 got good scores? Hot Shots Golf (mingol here) PSP is probably my favorite PSP game. it's one Sony's best franchises imo.

Sharp said:
Okay, MNG scored higher and it's a Famitsu review anyway. The ten is just throwing people off.
It's a well known fact that Famitsu tend to rate established and popular franchises higher and Forever Blue is a pseudo new IP and news on the game was scant until a few weeks ago.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm not too thrilled on how Tales Wii looks, but I bet it makes a killing 'cause its the first real traditional RPG for the system. And an original/exclusive one.

Thank goodness, I was getting worried there wasnt going to be any :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
rakka said:
Boxart gave it high scores :p

Doesn't change the fact that it uses spot shadows and looks like a DC game

We've seen direct feed screens that look fine.

ethelred said:
The ToS Wii game seems to be more like a Tales of the World spinoff. And yes, it uses a point and click map.

This is the thing that sort of scares me in the game. How is going to be handled, like a real Tales game?

Sharp

titiklabingapat said:
It's a well known fact that Famitsu tend to rate established and popular franchises higher and Forever Blue is a pseudo new IP and news on the game was scant until a few weeks ago.
It's neither a new nor a pseudonew franchise. It's an old franchise. An old, apparently not terribly good franchise. And from what I gather it's an aquarium simulator. It might sell but it seems weirdly niche for a flagship Wii game.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
titiklabingapat said:

how does that rationalize anything?

Innotech

Banned
John Harker said:
I'm not too thrilled on how Tales Wii looks, but I bet it makes a killing 'cause its the first real traditional RPG for the system. And an original/exclusive one.

Thank goodness, I was getting worried there wasnt going to be any :lol

Opoona? Project O? unless those arent traditional...Im not sure

pilonv1

Sharp said:
You clearly don't understand Famitsu's formula for reviewing games. It's mostly an actuarial thing but if a reviewer is really hardcore sometimes he or she will actually play the game.

:lol :lol

carlos

ethelred said:

Damnit....to be expected from scamco...or wait, can this be blamed on wii fit?

Sharp said:
It's neither a new nor a pseudonew franchise. It's an old franchise. An old, apparently not terribly good franchise. And from what I gather it's an aquarium simulator. It might sell but it seems weirdly niche for a flagship Wii game.
Well, according to Famitsu(excepting moneyhats), this iteration is good.

davepoobond said:
how does that rationalize anything?
The "game" looks great from video previews.

Innotech said:
Opoona? Project O? unless those arent traditional...Im not sure
Project O(King's Tales or something) sounds like it will be similar to Animal Crossing/The Sims.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
titiklabingapat said:

The "game" looks great from video previews.

Project O(King's Tales or something) sounds like it will be similar to Animal Crossing/The Sims.
Very little is known about the game and you are already typecasting it?:lol

Troidal

Slooooow wiiiiiiik i guess. And no MGS 20th Anniv news on this issue huh. Well, we already know about it anyhow but...

pilonv1

titiklabingapat said:

Famtisu are excellent impartial judges. Never forget.

JackFrost2012 said:
FAMITSU CROSS REVIEW: DIRGE OF CERBERUS

7 - "It was hard to choose a score, as I've never played an FPS before. Then again, I've never played any of the games I review."

7 - "This game should appeal to fans of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, as well as anyone else skilled at the art of incredible self-deception."

7 - "So the levels are lackluster and the controls are completely ass-backwards--did you see Yuffie's creamy thighs?"

7 - "Rest assured, I write all of my reviews with the same careful attention to detail that Square Enix brings to each of their A-list titles."

Also:

Sho Nuff said:
The one number stands for the macho skater guy
The one number stands for the retarded girl in the skirt who is amused by flashing lights
The one number stands for the dork in the bandana
The one number stands for the old corrupt man who runs Famitsu and laughs hysterically

ethelred

titiklabingapat said:

It doesn't sound like that at all.

rakka said:
Traditional or not, they don't look too promising.

Project O doesn't look promising? What are you on?

Innotech

Banned
rakka said:

Im just amused at Opoona because the character look like cute fisher price toys. Project O I know nothing about other than the artwork is nice.
Did I mention Kingdom Hearts bored the hell out of me? :lol Im definitely not an RPG person.

grandjedi6

rakka said:
Project O is a combination of Hideo Minaba, Kazuyuki Kurashima, Youichi Kawaguchi and Yoshirou Kimura along with the teams behind Hotel Dusk, Harvest Moon, Chulip, Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII. How is this game traditional or not promising??!?!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Do people still judge a game based on scans of screenshots?

Or is there a hidden ability to actually view the game in person or video capture that I've been locked out of here on NeoGAF?

Surprising Forever Blue score indeed.

Kittonwy

Banned
Innotech said:
its golf, how hard is it to **** up golf?

How do I know? I'm not a game developer. They added a new swing system in addition to what they were using, I'm just glad the game is well-received.
Indifferent2.gif

grandjedi6 said:
Very little is known about the game and you are already typecasting it?:lol
ethelred said:
It doesn't sound like that at all.

Project O doesn't look promising? What are you on?

They characterized it as a(or incorporating into it) simulation type thing along with a whole bunch of other stuff(god game?).

I also remember them describing one part of the gameplay as you making stuff and giving it to other characters and trying to subtly change/influence thier lives.

davepoobond said:
and so does Hot Shots Golf 5. i'll say it again: how does that rationalize anything?

The score? They liked it, apparently(or moneyhats) or the game is good.

rakka said:
Opoona I'll give you, but how can Project O look not promising? We haven't really seen or heard anything about it besides some art and the fact that it'll be a 'god-game'.

Good score for Hot Shots and Forever Blue. :D

Innotech

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Project O is a combination of Hideo Minaba, Kazuyuki Kurashima, Youichi Kawaguchi and Yoshirou Kimura along with the teams behind Hotel Dusk, Harvest Moon, Chulip, Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII. How is this game traditional or not promising??!?!
oh wait Chulip? I actually had some humorous fun playing that game for a bit. anything by the minds that created that game might be interesting. and how the hell did such a team end up on a wii project?

grandjedi6

titiklabingapat said:
They characterized it as a(or incorporating into it) simulation type thing along with something else(god game?).

The score? They liked it, apparently(or moneyhats) or the game is good.
Its been described as part life simulation, where you view the action from afar and characters carry out their lives according to AI routines, and one part adventure game, where you follow the storyline of the main character from a closer perspective.

Sharp

Innotech said:
oh wait Chulip? I actually had some humorous fun playing that game for a bit. anything by the minds that created that game might be interesting. and how the hell did such a team end up on a wii project?
Nintendo of Japan had some extra cash and figured maybe it should throw it at making a game instead of continuing the conquest of Japan like it usually does?

Innotech

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Its been described as part life simulation, where you view the action from afar and characters carry out their lives according to AI routines, and one part adventure game, where you follow the storyline of the main character from a closer perspective.
I want forever blue purely for the underwater exploratory aspects of it. I love the ocean and watching documentaries of it, and the Wii seems to be pulling off a pretty good realization of it in this game (or whatever it is)

Innotech

Banned
Sharp said:
Nintendo of Japan had some extra cash and figured maybe it should throw it at making a game instead of continuing the conquest of Japan like it usually does?
well thats certainly a good thing if true.

I mean theyre worth more than Sony now and they have a ****ing assload of profits and cash reserves to play with. Moneyhats are in order, or at least siding with some great devs.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Sharp said:

I thought it was a Marvelous game?

nategc

Banned
Y2Kev said:
:lol

"Forever Blue has shorts. I like shorts. They are short and fun to wear."

Kinda slow this week I guess.

Tales Wii looks awful.

edit: omg hoshigami adventure ds

party at ethelred's house

nice wii trolling once again.

you use to be cool until sony turned you out.

grandjedi6

Sharp said:
Nintendo of Japan doesn't have much to do with this title as far as we know. Marvelous Interactive is publishing it and most of the developers with Project O have some kind of connection to them

Sharp

John Harker said:
I thought it was a Marvelous game?
Technically, yeah, but I find it hard to believe there are no Nintendo moneyhats involved, especially with Cing working on it.
nategc said:

Dude what the hell.

ethelred

nategc said:

How is he trolling?

A Tales of Symphonia sequel on more powerful hardware should at least look as good as the original game... sheesh, Scamco should be reusing assets and character models and enemy models and whatever is necessary to achieve those results if they have to.

rakka said:
As for Project O... it does look kind of weird:

Don't diss Project O. I will cut you.

Top Bottom