• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jonnyram said:
Oh, looks like Square Enix is starting a series of DS non-games called "DS Style".
Unless this is a late April fool, titles so far are:
DS Gardening Life
Globetrotting (France, Italy, Thailand)
Listen to Classics

Please be able fools!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
VOOK said:
Hang on did Duckroll die? Normally he makes the thread :lol

I saw an opening, I took it! :lol

No disrespect to Duckroll, of course!

Soul4ger

Vyse The Legend said:
I imagine they post at the mysterious "Wilco" board that a ton of veteran GAFers seem to have disappeared to.

I was wondering why this place has been more fun recently.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Hero said:
I cannot wait for GS4. But Capcom hasn't even announced GS3 for NA yet.

/sigh

Don't they have a "gamer's day" coming up?

The perfect place to announce Ace Attorney 3 is coming out.....
in 2008

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
A ****ing gun survivor...dude...wtf. I'll still play it, but still...wtf. Did they go into any detail about the "more traditional" mode of gameplay. Also, RE4 wii is lame as shit. They just added waggle for knife fights. They should up the graphics and some more extras >:p

I'll buy it regardless though. I'm so much of an RE4 whore, that I'm not passing this up ~_~

Aokage said:
News:

Square Enix announces a line of "practical" DS software, under the brand name "DS Style".
Titles will include travel guides to Italy, France and Thailand, a primer on classical music, a gardening tutor, and yoga lessons.

Non games, something something, runining industry, chocolate banna nut pie, profit?

john tv

Aokage - PM me your e-mail addy? Been trying to get ahold of you for a couple of weeks now with no luck. :)

Thx!

justchris

Aokage said:
Breaking...

Fate: Tiger Colosseum (PSP)

Cutesy SD action game by Cavia based on ultrapopular adult game Fate.

Uhhhh....oooookay, that seems.....unconventional. But I'll buy it.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)

- Addition of a World Map. World Map made up of many smaller Area Maps.
- Addition of giant-sized boss units taking up several squares.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)

- In addition to Balthier, super secret hot bonus character #2: Russo (main character) from FFTA2!
- "Brave Story" mode: Tracks your progress through the game. Sounds like the Jiminy Memos from Kingdom Hearts.
- New events for Delita (Matsuno rolling in grave confirmed).

Yay, awesome news for FFTA2. Now all it has to do is not suck.

Um, interesting news for FFT. Why they gotta screw with the story? It was the best story an FF game has ever had. The story was a good 35% of why I loved the game. I'm only pissed because I know I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Reviews:

DS:

Gyakuten Saiban 4: 9, 9, 9, 9

PS2:

Grim Grimoire: 8, 7, 7, 6

Ummm...wow on Gyakuten Saiban 4, did any of the others get a 36/40?

Grim Grimoire could have done better, but I'll probably still pick it up.

Question is, why would we be EXPECTING the PS2 visuals rather than the GCN ones? That's the part that threw me for a loop.

creamsugar

Famitsu hardware

3/19 ~ 3/25

DSL 158609
Wii 87704
PSP 42226
PS3 18391
PS2 15434
360 3616

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Virgin Wii said:
Question is, why would we be EXPECTING the PS2 visuals rather than the GCN ones? That's the part that threw me for a loop.

GAF is cynical....sadly GAF is right anyways :/

noonche

Virgin Wii said:

They apparently used the PS2 port as the starting point for the PC version...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wasn't there supposed to be some interesting stuff in this month's Famitsu Xbox 360? Or was it only Ace Combat 6?

Vyse The Legend said:
This, somehow, gives me some hope that FFTA2 will be much more serious than part 1. Hopefully, no snowball fights or little kids.

I'd say it's doing the direct opposite, making the FFT port less serious than the original.

News:

Square Enix announces a line of "practical" DS software, under the brand name "DS Style".
Titles will include travel guides to Italy, France and Thailand, a primer on classical music, a gardening tutor, and yoga lessons.

Billion sellers.

confirmed.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
My Chemical Mouse said:
With June 28th as the date in Japan, when can we expect it in the US?

Holiday 07'?

You'd think Square-Enix would want to avoid the holiday rush.....

duckroll

Wow I'm really touched that people are concerned! :lol

Yeah, me, bebpo and jiji hit Japan for a vacation. Jiji's back, I'm back, bebpo should be flying back today or something. But I'm down with an awful cold now because I got kinda sick on the last day but what did me in was the drastic climate change back in Singapore. Crap. I still love you all guys, and Nick Rox, you're free to continue the legacy of the Famitsu thread anytime! :D

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
duckroll said:
Wow I'm really touched that people are concerned! :lol

Yeah, me, bebpo and jiji hit Japan for a vacation. Jiji's back, I'm back, bebpo should be flying back today or something. But I'm down with an awful cold now because I got kinda sick on the last day but what did me in was the drastic climate change back in Singapore. Crap. I still love you all guys, and Nick Rox, you're free to continue the legacy of the Famitsu thread anytime! :D

Thank you :D

I'm honored to start the traditional thread while you vacation in this fine land. Or rather, are recovering from said vacation :)

deepred

Aokage said:
Bio Hazard 4: Wii Edition (Wii)

Waggle while holding down B to reload, waggle without holding to use your knife.

I would have prefered the opposite actually. :\

(well it would make sense if holding B switches to "aiming mode", but then, it means you actually shoot with A ???)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
CurseoftheGods said:
If it's a port of the PSX version why not?

dunno. they might do a cheapo job of adding bonus characters and just "replace" him or something.

Polari

Aokage said:
Breaking...

News:

- Square Enix announces a line of "practical" DS software, under the brand name "DS Style". Titles include:

World Walking (a popular series of Japanese travel guides): Italy
World Walking: Thailand
World Walking: France
World Walking: Taiwan
World Walking: New York
World Walking: Hawaii
DS Yoga Lessons You Can Start Today
Why Not Listen To Classical Music On DS?
Flower-Blooming DS Gardening Lite

- Shinji Mikami (belatedly) apologizes for Bio Hazard 4 getting ported to PS2 in an interview with Famitsu's editor, Tsushin Hamamura. Saying he "betrayed both GameCube and PlayStation users", he expresses his guilt and even apologizes for not apologizing sooner.

Yay Square-Enix! I love when companies try and expand the utility of the DS, and if they put the effort into these that they have into their other DS titles, they're going to rack up some big sales. Definitely better than another Brain Training knock-off (Hi Sega :)).

Hopefully a translation of that interview with Mikami pops up at some stage. I feel sorry for the guy, really, because I'm sure it was a decision that was well out of his hands.

Aokage said:
Breaking...

News:

- Square Enix announces a line of "practical" DS software, under the brand name "DS Style". Titles include:

World Walking (a popular series of Japanese travel guides): Italy
World Walking: Thailand
World Walking: France
World Walking: Taiwan
World Walking: New York
World Walking: Hawaii
DS Yoga Lessons You Can Start Today
Why Not Listen To Classical Music On DS?
Flower-Blooming DS Gardening Lite
WHAT

Aokage said:
- Shinji Mikami (belatedly) apologizes for Bio Hazard 4 getting ported to PS2 in an interview with Famitsu's editor, Tsushin Hamamura. Saying he "betrayed both GameCube and PlayStation users", he expresses his guilt and even apologizes for not apologizing sooner.
THE

Aokage said:
Bio Hazard 4: Wii Edition (Wii)

Beating the game adds Ada's "The Another Order"/"Separate Ways" from the PS2 version. Controls adapted for waggle, including Wiimote aiming. Waggle while holding down B to reload, waggle without holding to use your knife. Also comes with a trailer for Umbrella Chronicles.
HELL?

Is this a fake Famitsu or something? Seriously, my mouth went down like 30m while reading this 'news'...

RaidenZR

Vyse The Legend said:
This, somehow, gives me some hope that FFTA2 will be much more serious than part 1. Hopefully, no snowball fights or little kids.

I for one thought the snowball fights and the kids becoming warriors in the fantasy was rather charming and refreshing.

Top Bottom