• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news

ivysaur12

Banned
I just really hope it's good. I mean, Horii is overseeing it, and the DQ spin-off games usually are awesome (Rocket Slime, I'm looking at you).

sharkie

jj984jj said:
Probably next year, we still have yet to get the third game.

Yes but there is no mention of the third game being released on the DS thus far, so it makes sense that they would probably bring this out instead and skip the third altogether or release it at a later date.

Fady K

jj984jj said:
Probably next year, we still have yet to get the third game.

Yeah, cant wait. Plus, with Capcom USA bringing it up in some competition, I have a feeling we'll be getting it sooner than later :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sharkie said:
Yes but there is no mention of the third game being released on the DS thus far, so it makes sense that they would probably bring this out instead and skip the third altogether or release it at a later date.
Actually as FK just said, Capcom recently started a contest about the third game, I doubt they'd do so if they were just going to skip it.

thefro

ivysaur12 said:
I just really hope it's good. I mean, Horii is overseeing it, and the DQ spin-off games usually are awesome (Rocket Slime, I'm looking at you).

The big 3 are all working on it, so there's no question it'll be a quality title.

AniHawk said:
According to Jonnyram, RE4'll be the PS2 version + a few more enemies but with visuals in real-time, rather than cutscenes. And you can use the classic controller if you want.

The original GC version had real-time cut-scenes. They just had to be FMV-ized for the PS2 version. So this is not a new feature.

Really, why do people think it'll take two years for GS4 to come out? Phoenix Wright 2 presumably was delayed to avoid getting washed away by the Christmas rush, and I get the feeling that they didn't start work on it until several months into 2006. With AA3, I suspect that they started when they saw JfA's first month of sales. Really, even if they ignore GS4's translation while working on AA3's, AA3 will likely be finished by October. It's not going to take them a year + two months.

cvxfreak

jett said:
So where's FFXIII Haerisis? Ahuahuahuaha

:lol at Mikami. What is he apologizing to PS2 owners for? For ****ing us over when he moved the RE franchise to the cube? Douche.

It only ****ed PlayStation fanboys over. Welcome to 2001.

Well, they're naturally going to get my money on this one...but I seriously wish CapCom would sweaten the deal a bit with tightening up the graphics to really show off the differences between the NGC & Wii versions of RE4. Having all the goodies from the PS2 version + more baddies on screen is definately nice, but c'mon.... still...either way, it's my $$$ for CapCom.

D.

jj984jj

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070405/ppds.htm

ppds03.jpg

More Puzzle League screens (I think, never saw that green theme before) and information, I'm starting to like the themes idea but I hope there are more colorful ones than the plain white ones we keep seeing for the most part. Either way Wi-Fi Puzzle League from IntSys = Instabuy.

Haunted

creamsugar said:
not from Famitsu, but it's a new title :D

Days of Memories (DS)
06/14

a love game with SNK's girls.

img10074149279.jpeg

img10074149285.jpeg
*paging drinky crow*

j/k please stay away. :(

And to add something worth
less
, I think 2 of those girls are actually well designed.

justchris

RaidenZR said:
I for one thought the snowball fights and the kids becoming warriors in the fantasy was rather charming and refreshing.

Actually, the snowball fight was pretty good, unfortunately it was the best part of the story. It was all downhill from there.

RaidenZR

justchris said:
Actually, the snowball fight was pretty good, unfortunately it was the best part of the story. It was all downhill from there.

I don't know if I'd say that, but there was definitely too little story spread over too many scenarios. That's for damn sure.

ProphetZG

justchris said:

My God, that's exactly what I thought too. :p

I kinda liked the snowball fight - I was digging the whole "real world" school kid rivalry vibe. And then they took it away 5 minutes later and gave me boring crap, so I stopped playing.

jj984jj said:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070405/ppds.htm

ppds03.jpg

More Puzzle League screens (I think, never saw that green theme before) and information, I'm starting to like the themes idea but I hope there are more colorful ones than the plain white ones we keep seeing for the most part. Either way Wi-Fi Puzzle League from IntSys = Instabuy.

Could someone please translate the info, this and Pokemon Diamond are gonna be my most played games of this year!

Totalriot

jj984jj said:
Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Warning - These scans go deeper into the game):

Thank you for the scans! By the looks, it seems gameplay and graphics are the same as the last chapter of the first Phoenix Wright released on the DS? Or are there any new features?

Batongen

Banned
This has probably already been asked about or posted, but what is the tentative release date for PW in the US (if it's planned at all!?).

jj984jj

Totalriot said:
Thank you for the scans! By the looks, it seems gameplay and graphics are the same as the last chapter of the first Phoenix Wright released on the DS? Or are there any new features?
No it does not reuse the courtroom from the first game, even from the last case and I believe there is a new system to find lies in a testimony, and obvious all the characters have changed so they are redone.

Batongen said:
This has probably already been asked about or posted, but what is the tentative release date for PW in the US (if it's planned at all!?).
PW:AA3 will probably come out early next year by the latest, but who knows when AA4 will make it here, hopefully before the end of 2008.

jarrod said:
300k+ 1st week, 800k+ lifetime. Good chance at clearing a million imo.

I wonder if that number isn't a bit optimistic. I don't see that much of an overlap between the Wii Sports/Wii Play and the Dragon Quest: Swords demographics, so I would think that a large amount of people buying a Wii to play this game will be attempting to get one when that game comes out (and landing in the "out-of-stock" trap) - so it could actually be much lower. However, I wouldnt be surprised if it does sell quite well over a period of time as more and more potential owners finally manage to discover a Wii and then buy the system.

Unless they all buy a Wii and that game, play it through, and then spam the second hand market with their used Wiis and DQ:S, sending sales downwards after the frist week.

With the new aiming icon in resi 4 wii I can see the game being extremely easier then having to carefully aim the lazer dot.

If you have never played resi 4 before, buy it!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Diablohead said:
With the new aiming icon in resi 4 wii I can see the game being extremely easier then having to carefully aim the lazer dot.

If you have never played resi 4 before, buy it!

I'm all over Biohazard 4 on Wii if it has the GC's graphics, plus true widescreen...it already is confirmed to have the PS2 verison's extras. It will definitely be in 480p...

reriel

gamefront say dragon quest sword will be released on 12 july in japan.

And tomorrow will be held a nintendo mini event for shareholder.
I hope for some new games annoucement, I wanna see ash.

reriel said:
gamefront say dragon quest sword will be released on 12 july in japan.

And tomorrow will be held a nintendo mini event for shareholder.
I hope for some new games annoucement, I wanna see ash.

Shareholder event tomorrow?
AWESOME
THis is where we usually get to see some new stuff!

Top Bottom