• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks JAPANESE magazine news

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
duckroll said:
Wow!

itemRY039-J1p3_1.jpg

duckroll

Bebpo said:
This doesn't make sense if it's not online.

I think this might refer to saving your matches/replays and making them available online for viewing. VF.TV has nothing to do with online play actually. :(

In other news...

- FFXIII still uses a command-based Active Time System, just modified for speed and coolness.
- FFVersusXIII is going to be action packed and play much like KH.
- They're planning to have a realtime trailer of FFVersusXIII by mid-2007.
- FFAgitoXIII is going to be a full 3D cellphone game on DoCoMo services.

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
I think this might refer to saving your matches/replays and making them available online for viewing. VF.TV has nothing to do with online play actually. :(

In other news...

I know what VF.TV is :p It's just that I thought we all assumed there would be ZERO internet activity in the PS3 version.

This sounds like it'll have the VF.TV and by clicking on the mode you'll see the best matches of the day from players around the world with commentary...which is actually EXACTLY what we all wanted (sans online play).

Just very surprised if this is true. Gotta be some catch to it that makes it broken and unuseable... :(

duckroll

Monster Hunter Frontier Online - PC

Big news from Capcom. This is the final title, but the pricing and release date is not finalized yet.

- Completely online
- Mouse and keyboard control scheme
- The maps, quests and monsters will mostly be from MH2
- Single player will be tied to online too
- After connecting to the main server you can choose two villages, one will be the single player hub while the other is a multi player hub
- There will be a guild system
- PC Specs: Windows 2000 and up, P3 1Ghz, 256meg ram, Intel915G or better (basically any video card that supports DX8.1 and has at least 64meg VRAM), 1Mbps or better internet connection.
- Best test phase 1 on 12th Jan, 500 people. Will increase as time goes by.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sweet. vftv is an awesome feature, and i was also under the impression that the ps3 version wouldn't have any online functionality. i'm glad to have confirmation of a quest mode as well -- afaik that hasn't been mentioned before.

man, it's almost here -- now i've just got to decide which sticks i'm buying

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
duckroll said:

Big news from Capcom. This is the final title, but the pricing and release date is not finalized yet.

- Completely online
- After connecting to the main server you can choose two villages, one will be the single player hub while the other is a multi player hub
- PC Specs: Windows 2000 and up, P3 1Ghz, 256meg ram, Intel915G or better (basically any video card that supports DX8.1 and has at least 64meg VRAM), 1Mbps or better internet connection.
:O

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
VF.TV getting data from the onlines would be hella sweet. I could spend hours just watching videos and stuff.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
duckroll said:

- Completely online
Any idea how many players can team up during a quest? Please let it be more than 4.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
duckroll said:

In other news...

- FFXIII still uses a command-based Active Time System, just modified for speed and coolness.

Sweeeeeeet!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
More canceled games in Japan:

発売中止
「斑霧」PS2
「コーテッドアームズアサルト」PS3
「メジャーリーグベースボール2K6」PSP

http://blog.livedoor.jp/nekogagotoku/archives/50479047.html

duckroll

jj984jj said:
More canceled games in Japan:

発売中止
「斑霧」PS2
「コーテッドアームズアサルト」PS3
「メジャーリーグベースボール2K6」PSP

http://blog.livedoor.jp/nekogagotoku/archives/50479047.html

That's like from 2 weeks back. Notice how Coded Arms is there. :p

duckroll said:
So Konami cancels 7 games.... so they can make....

Konami Arcade Collection - DS - 15th March - 4179yen

Scramble, Time Pilot, Tutankham, Pooyan, Track and Field, Roc'n Rope, Circus Charlie, Super Basketball, Road Fighter, Yiair Kung Fu, Gradius, Green Beret, Shaolin's Road, Twin Bee and Contra.
Not a bad trade-off. Just thinking of Green Beret's difficulty makes my blood boil.

duckroll said:

In other news...

dammit.....fxiii, will it be real time or not? Thats the question I want answered. FFxii was cpmmand based as well, so there is no confirmation either way

peace

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
dammit.....fxiii, will it be real time or not? Thats the question I want answered. FFxii was cpmmand based as well, so there is no confirmation either way

peace

Active Time System = turn based. FFXII was using the Active Dimension System.

Konami's got some explaining to do @ their upcoming Gamers Day...

I'm not worried, though. Only having 1 PS3 title on the horizon makes absolutely 0 sense, despite what some doom-and-gloom Sony haters might think.

i didn't know Konami was canning titles, so what the heck is going on with Konami?

about the Gears of Ware score.. Famitsu is GoWned, lol

duckroll

TheJollyCorner said:
Konami's got some explaining to do @ their upcoming Gamers Day...

I'm not worried, though. Only having 1 PS3 title on the horizon makes absolutely 0 sense, despite what some doom-and-gloom Sony haters might think.

Actually its 3 PS3 titles and 4 Wii titles. The PS3 still has "Winning Eleven" and "Pro Baseball Spirits" that aren't canned yet.

duckroll said:
Active Time System = turn based. FFXII was using the Active Dimension System.

Damn, that really annoying...they better make major changes, my anticipation has gone down slightly...now if they annouce random battles, it will go down massively....Haha, its apparent they just want to emulate the flash in Advent Children, not the intensity...Its ridiculous though, I mean gameplay was by far the best thing about ffxii, the first time in an ff where I cared less for the story and more for the gameplay...On the other hand, FFvxiii might turn out to be more anticipated

peace

drohne

does konami have anything good in development besides mgs4? is capcom the only big japanese developer that hasn't gone down the toilet? should i append a third rhetorical question to this post?

edit: i just looked at my avatar and remembered that capcom has in fact gone down the toilet :(

reminder

Pud

Banned
drohne said:
that gold psp is hideous. on the other hand it comes with plush meat

But it's going to take you out of the gaming ghetto, drohne!
someone dig up some drohne quotes from 2004, quick!

drohne

i got out of the portable ghetto in a more tastefully colored conveyance a couple years ago, but thanks for your concern

Acosta

Woah, Duckroll, thanks.

These FF XIII screenshots are pretty amazing and still think the design of that woman is one of the most interesting I have seen ever.

Not that I put much value in Famitsu scores, but nice Dragon Shadow Spell (import confirmed) and the same for Yggdrasil Labyrinth (knowing that it will localizated to english soon I will probably wait to import the american version).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
jj984jj said:
Oh wait, I didn't see that you wrote "anime adaptation" which means "a game that will never be localized and likely will still suck."

The difference is that the Deltora Quest anime is based on a series of children's fantasy books by an Australian author. Not sure how popular those books really are in North America and Europe, but I could see the DS game being localized because of this.

Thanks.

A couple of tiny new pics at the bottom of the third page for new environments. Hmmm, cant discern much though. The top one looks to be in a city and the bottom, looks to be in some ruins.

[eace

duckroll

Here's the new PS2 Musou game:

Dengeki review scores:

NBA: 75/80/75/70
Shining Force EXA: 85/90/90/85
.hackGU3: 75/85/90/75
DSS: 75/75/70/75
Sims2: 70/70/65/65

Acosta

duckroll said:
Here's the new PS2 Musou game (pardon the 2ch vandalism):

Thanks again, why the 2ch guys are so upset?

And PS2 musou? :( The logo looks like a dragon, maybe Omega Force want to try his own version of Drakengard.

Edit: That image change was fast ;)

What projects does Konami have for X360? Maybe Microsoft is about to pick them up. Maybe that 2ch thread wasn't bullshit after all.

duckroll said:
Fire Emblem Wii is also coming in Feb. There will be 3 new weapon and magic types. And the big addition to the system being height difference in the geography actually mattering now.

Finally, Fire Emblem truly goes 3D (And actually takes advantage of the 3rd dimension for gameplay :D)DROOOOOOOOL!!!

duckroll

http://gmstar.com/ps2/roguegalaxydc.html

Rogue Galaxy Director's Cut - PS2 - 21st March

- Low rerelease price of 3980yen!
- Brand new planet to explore
- New "Burning Strike" combat system
- Over 1,000 new conversation lines and patterns for the Live Talk system
- New weapons, items, improved alchemy system and additional costumes
- Improvements/additions in the Insectoid minigame
- FMVs in high-resolution on a dual layer disc
- Game balance is readjusted

So 2 months after the US release of RG, I guess they're cashing in on the Japanese market with a re-release with all the US content... at least it's not fullprice like someother re-releases....

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
pilonv1 said:
ZOE & Sukioden VI 360/Wii now exclusive~!

Either one would be hilarious.

That would be the best news ever if it were to happen. :lol

Suikoden is the only series I care about thats still exclusive to the PS3. So if that were to happen I could make the jump to the 360 and not even worry about the PS3 this generation.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Can't anyone give details of the FE Wii info???? :(

All those PS3 games canceled from Konami... I wonder if thy're changing of primary platform. Coming back to Wii?

Jan

You say 6 konami games of ps3 canned. Coded Arms , Pawa Pro, Gadius VI, unannounced rpg, unannounced action and...?

Top Bottom