• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's OMGWTF Japanese mag news (Wii Vanillaware game!)

ethelred

MasterMFauli said:
Then elaborate, WHY you´re posting shitty impressions.

He's posting shitty impressions because the gameplay is shitty. What's hard to get about this? There was very little redeeming about what was on offer at E3.

Tain

No, all these previews and hand-ons had wrong expectations.
Please watch any video of UC.
Point at Zombie and kill. That´s it. It´s a lightgun shooter. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is offensive to people who play lightgun games.

Matix

CC:FF7 (PSP) High-Res Scans:
http://www.jeux-france.com/news21700_crisis-core-ffvii-images-et-video.html

34851120070906_130852_0_big.jpg

34851120070906_130856_1_big.jpg

34851120070906_130859_2_big.jpg

34851120070906_130903_3_big.jpg

34851120070906_130908_4_big.jpg

MasterMFauli said:
Then elaborate, WHY you´re posting shitty impressions.

What is so bad about pointing at Zombies to kill them?

You can't just slap together a scenario, make enemies pop up on the screen, and expect a lightgun game to be good.

Going off the most recent trailers, the thing is slow-paced and extremely easy, which for lightgun games in particular are death knells.

Nevermind that most of the people who've actually played it have derided it as lousy.

duckroll said:
Umbrella Chronicles would be better if they didn't decide to chronicle all the REs except the BEST ones (RE2, RECV, RE4). Seriously Capcom, wtf?

Actually, I'd rather they save those for RE:UC2 (or whatever they call it) since there's slightly less chance of that sucking.

duckroll

Pureauthor said:
Actually, I'd rather they save those for RE:UC2 (or whatever they call it) since there's slightly less chance of that sucking.

You have a point. But if RE:UC sells as it is, do you really think they'll put much effort into improving the sequel much?

el Diablo

Banned
Whoaness said:
Zack bites the dust? Zomg spoiler alert! REPORTED! :lol

Not sure if i'd laugh or feel sorry for anyone i actually spoiled that for lol. The mere thought that someone could be hyped about this game and not know anything about FFVII is beyond me. Oh and to rub it in, that girl in the pink. She dies in FFVII. Mwahahaha :D

duckroll said:
Watch it get retconned in Crisis Core. :)

If they retconned (thanks wiki, i had to look this word up since i had no clue what it meant lol) it could put into play one of the most stunning series of gaming events ever!

Zack lives

Squeenix decides to remake FFVII (on a system capable of HD)

Zack becomes a playable character

Zack saves saves Aerith from being turned into a shishkabob

Aerith and Zack living changes the entire last half (i think she dies sometime in disc 2 right?) of FFVII and turns the odd WTF!? ending into the greatest of all time, officially making FFVII the greatest FF of all time.

The change in ending leads to a remake of FFVII:AC and Squeenix decides to actually add a plot to their visually stunning movie.

Make it happen Squeenix. I'll even forgive you for destroying Square Soft and turning into the flaming POS it is now.

Ive been thinking after these gorgeous screenshots that Nintendo deliberately did a modest hardware upgrade to capture as many of the niche Japanese developers as possible.

Nice work. It tickles my pickle.

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Umbrella Chronicles would be better if they didn't decide to chronicle all the REs except the BEST ones (RE2, RECV, RE4). Seriously Capcom, wtf?

Well... the asset recycling just isn't there for those games. Or you can always play Gun Survivor 2! :lol :lol

And RE4 wouldn't make sense in Umbrella Chronicles. :p

DeadyFernGarden said:
Ive been thinking after these gorgeous screenshots that Nintendo deliberately did a modest hardware upgrade to capture as many of the niche Japanese developers as possible.

Nice work. It tickles my pickle.
Didn't they explicitly said that they didn't like what the industry was turning into due to rising production costs? They also said something along the lines of preventing stagnation, which can happen if no new blood enters the industry.

So yes, you're probably right that Nintendo walked out of the tech race to get these niche developers on board among other things.

duckroll

el Diablo said:
Aerith and Zack living changes the entire last half (i think she dies sometime in disc 2 right?) of FFVII and turns the odd WTF!? ending into the greatest of all time, officially making FFVII the greatest FF of all time.

The change in ending leads to a remake of FFVII:AC and Squeenix decides to actually add a plot to their visually stunning movie.

Make it happen Squeenix. I'll even forgive you for destroying Square Soft and turning into the flaming POS it is now.

Does this also mean that after the remade FFVII:AC, DoC will no longer be canon? :D

cvxfreak said:
Well... the asset recycling just isn't there for those games. Or you can always play Gun Survivor 2! :lol :lol

:(

And RE4 wouldn't make sense in Umbrella Chronicles. :p

You got me there!

Jonnyram

el Diablo said:
Aerith and Zack living changes the entire last half (i think she dies sometime in disc 2 right?)
No, it's the end of disc 1. I don't know how anyone could forget, let alone someone who seems to be as hardcore about the story as you are :p

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Ike said:
Atlus better pick up the new Vanillaware game, that's all I can say.

I wouldn't be surprised if even a bigger developer might pick it up if Atlus doesn't but then again, all Atlus has on the Wii (that I can think of) is Trauma Center.

madhtr

Ike said:
Atlus better pick up the new Vanillaware game, that's all I can say.
Since it's Marvelous, I guess Natsume could always get the game. Maybe not, but as long as it comes over, that's what matters.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
madhtr said:
Since it's Marvelous, I guess Natsume could always get the game. Maybe not, but as long as it comes over, that's what matters.
Agreed, as long as it comes stateside, I'll be a happy camper.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
madhtr said:
Natsume has only brought over MMV's Harvest Moon games, but I'm sure Rising Star Games (MMV's European company) will team up with someone (like Atlus) to bring these games over.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Can someone briefly tell me about the Shikigami no Shiro series and if it's ever come stateside? Please?

el Diablo

Banned
duckroll said:
Does this also mean that after the remade FFVII:AC, DoC will no longer be canon? :D

I can't comment on that since i've never actually played DoC..... my alternate futures only include stuff i have first hand experience with :lol. Speaking of, i saw DoC today for $19.99, is it even worth that price or should i wait for the absolute bargain bin?

Jonnyram said:
No, it's the end of disc 1. I don't know how anyone could forget, let alone someone who seems to be as hardcore about the story as you are :p

Haven't actually played through FFVII in ages, if i had to guess the last time i played through it had to have been around the time i got my US launch PS2 since i had nothing else to play on it at the time heh.

To be honest i'm not really that hardcore into FFVII, seeing the scans just jogged my memory. Once i started thinking about it i remembered how shoddy i thought the ending was and my mind started wandering from there :D. Personally i could have left well enough alone but between that tech demo they did and AC i have to admit i'd love to see the game redone with a huge graphics upgrade. Besides once they get that out of the way they can start remaking VIII and IX lol.

Whoaness

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
The CG models look almost like whats possible on the PS3 as far as realtime models would look :D

OH SE, WHY DO YOU HURT ME?

Did they touch you in places that you don't want them too?

;_; they did for me. I can't wait for the PS3 games to come out.

Top Bottom