• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New concept art from the Doctor Strange Blu ray:

wjEJmzN.png

dNNpPeR.png

DLpdQ0h.png

QGeKNJE.png

Where's Jane Foster?

“He’s off exploring the universe, still trying to police it and control the mayhem,” says Hemsworth. “But he’s certainly enjoying being a drifter, being a solo cowboy out there.”

“We wanted Thor to encounter somebody that was near his equal and that his relationship with Jane may have evolved in unexpected ways in between The Dark World and Ragnarok and we wanted to pit him against a character who was much more his equal and in many ways his superior,” says Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/14/thor-ragnarok-natalie-portman-jane-foster/

Lord Fagan

I wonder if the evolution is something akin to breaking up off-screen, and mentioning it two-three times over the course of the movie. Because that was unexpected when it happened to Stark, I spose.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Recently watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople. I Hope Marvel lets Waititi do whatever the hell he wants.

Just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople. What a fantastic movie. Taika is a talent not doubt. I love the Right transitions in that one scene when they were trekking in the wild. His framing of shots reminded me a lot of Wes Anderson.

If you haven't seen this movie i highly recommend it.

Sorry for the bump.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople. What a fantastic movie. Taika is a talent not doubt. I love the Right transitions in that one scene when they were trekking in the wild. His framing of shots reminded me a lot of Wes Anderson.

Sorry for the bump.
Don't apologize. Hunt for the Wilderpeople cannot be recommended enough. Nor can any other movie from his filmography.

Sorry for the bump.

Don't apologize. Hunt for the Wilderpeople cannot be recommended enough. Nor can any other movie from his filmography.

Just caught it recently..such a great flick.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
New images and comments via Empire.

Thor%20Ragnarok%20exclusive.jpg

Thor%20Ragnarok%20exclusive%202.jpg

Speaking to Empire for the new issue, Chris Hemsworth describes this new Thor as “not feeling so otherworldly, with more of a contemporary personality and sense of humour. Anything that felt Shakespearean, Taika just said, ‘Come on, we’ve done that. He doesn’t talk like that anymore.’ There’s a lot of ad lib in this, which there was never really room for before. It’s probably the most fun I’ve had on a Marvel film.”

His fellow cast members are similarly impressed. “Taika’s been so respectful to the mythology,” says Tom Hiddleston, back in Loki green-and-gold. “But he’s injected so much humour into it. He’s given every character truly laugh-out-loud moments without betraying their integrity.” Jeff Goldblum doesn’t hold back. “I fell in love with him immediately. He’sa loosey-goosey improvisational grandmaster himself, so we hit it off. He’s a wonderful and stylish and deeply handsome director. I think he’s going to do something special with this.”

louiedog

One of the best moments in those trailers arrives when Thor is ready to do battle against an unknown foe in front of Jeff Goldblum’s Grandmaster. The Thunder God is apprehensive, but soon breaks into a huge smile when he sees that his opponent is his old buddy Hulk: “Yes! We know each other! He’s a friend from work!,” Thor says.

As delightful as that line is, its origins may be even better. Hemsworth told Entertainment Weekly at Comic-Con that the line in question originated with a special visitor on set:

EW’s Julia Cunningham asked the Aussie-turned-Asgardian about some of his funny bits in the film’s record-breaking trailer, including a moment where Thor unexpectedly sees the Hulk. “We had a young kid, a Make-A-Wish kid on set that day,” Hemsworth told her. “He goes, ‘You know, you should say, “He’s a friend from work!”‘”

As the Make-A-Wish foundation offers “experiences described as ‘wishes’ to children with life-threatening medical conditions,” that kid not only got to visit the Ragnarok set, but as /Film puts it, “he made more of an impact on the movie than he probably thought he would. Now, he’ll stand in the lexicon of greatest Marvel lines ever.” Since Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi encouraged a looser, more improvised atmosphere on set, Hemsworth added the line to the scene, resulting in the first of what is sure to be a stream of one-liners from the unlikely source of a Thor movie. Ragnarok premieres on November 3.

Amazing. I can't imagine what that kid thought when he saw the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom