• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor vs Wonder Woman | DEATH BATTLE

Kurdel

Banned
Why no Jane Foster?

07baf737e476b1502cfc413d5ffbc02c--jane-foster-loki.jpg

7Th

The newest issue of Jason Aaron's Thor basically confirmed, again, that Odinson is eventually going to permanently inherit the Odinforce. There is simply no way for Diana to compete with that.

sleepykyo

Wonder Woman would win in her comic, Thor would win in his. Power levels don't mean shit in comics, it's all about the writer in charge.

I feel like Thor would still lose. Having Wonder Woman job isn't happening in the current climate. Thor pretty much took Galactus'/Juggernaut's spot as a jobber.

I feel like Thor would still lose. Having Wonder Woman job isn't happening in the current climate. Thor pretty much took Galactus'/Juggernaut's spot as a jobber.

Well Aaron's entire run is basically about humbling Thor. So much so that he doesn't even go by Thor anymore.

But when you take the entire history of both characters into account especially with the insane things we've seen Thor have the potential to do, it's not as cut and dry. Diana has been on the up for years and Thor has been brought down a peg for sure, but I think it would be a very tough call if you took both characters at their absolute best.

Veelk

Banned
Cap would beat both of them lol.

Even Ultron doesn't stand a chance.

Thanos is next.

Technically, Cap lost against Iron man. Hell, Tony wasn't even trying to kill Steve and left him alone multiple times. But after Tony had the suit memorize Steve's fighting style, there wasn't much for him to do, and he only got the upper hand because Bucky distracted him.

Ultron more or less clearly had the upper hand the entire time too, he just couldn't quite kill Cap off, but he was overall more annoyed with Cap than threatened by him.

zeemumu

Why no Jane Foster?

07baf737e476b1502cfc413d5ffbc02c--jane-foster-loki.jpg

I guess because Thor Ragnarok is coming out, they already had a lot of research on Thor from the Thor vs. Raiden fight, and Jane Foster Thor has that issue of being reverted to a person in the final stages of cancer if she doesn't have the hammer on her at all times.

Thor has lots of speed feats its just as a power speed isn't treated the same way in Marvel as it is in DC. The Silver Surfer can travel at ludicrous speeds beyond Superman and Wonder Woman, and Thor has fought him. He's escaped black holes which would require FTL speed. It just isn't really a thing in Marvel they focus on.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Thor has lots of speed feats its just as a power speed isn't treated the same way in Marvel as it is in DC. The Silver Surfer can travel at ludicrous speeds beyond Superman and Wonder Woman, and Thor has fought him. He's escaped black holes which would require FTL speed. It just isn't really a thing in Marvel they focus on.

exactly. which is why calling him slow is crazy

Veelk

Banned

Meh. Superman once held a black hole in his hand. So Superman is not only 'strong' enough to escape a black hole, he's strong enough to contain it.

Meh. Superman once held a black hole in his hand. So Superman is not only 'strong' enough to escape a black hole, he's strong enough to contain it.

Saying someone holds a black hole is honestly kind of weird, because it isn't really tangible, so holding it is kind of a physics/reality bending thing, not a test of strength. Though shit just works in comics.

It's not like Gaara's sand was gonna do anything against someone who can casually do this
latest

There wasn't anything that Gaara could do that she wouldn't sense coming.

Gaara has fought people much faster and stronger than anyone in Avatar, like Rock Lee moves at supersonic speed as a genin. Nothing even moves that fast in Avatar, much less bend elements at that speed (well there is lightning, but even then lightning jutsu is pretty common in Naruto). Not only that, they assume she would have absolutely control over his sand, which doesn't make sense because even in Avatar when two people who bends the same element go at it, they have to basically compete for control over it. Gaara made sand out of basically a whole forest and can harden it to basically to tank explosions. Like I don't know what the point of posting that gif when Gaara literally had to do that except with a mile wide area and he had to make it really deep too. I don't even like Gaara but it's pretty obvious the scale of the stuff he works at is much larger and even does things more intricate like creating clones and a giant body for the tailed beast. She also had an issue fighting in sand because it messes with her sense, which Gaara can create on the spot.

Thor's best speed feats are mostly travel related. His combat speed is what the problem is. He fights slow as fuck. Can barely tag Wolverine and Spiderman has made a joke of him. Only reason why he tagged Quicksilver is because he used an AOE attack. It's the same with Surfer as well. Travel speed does does not translate to combat speed.

a.wd

This was the correct result, on a normal day WW bodies Thor.

What I don't get is why this is controversial.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Thor's best speed feats are mostly travel related. His combat speed is what the problem is. He fights slow as fuck. Can barely tag Wolverine and Spiderman has made a joke of him. Only reason why he tagged Quicksilver is because he used an AOE attack. It's the same with Surfer as well. Travel speed does does not translate to combat speed.

barely hit wolverine? spider man? i love them both but no.

where is this slow fighting shit coming from?

These battles are alsways very selective in the abilities and powers they give the Hero's to the point I'm quite certain they pre decide who wins and then just make it work

Erza should have beat Zoro

Certainly, they over powered Zoro and waaaaaaay under powered Erza because they wanted him to win

captainpat

Gaara has fought people much faster and stronger than anyone in Avatar, like Rock Lee moves at supersonic speed as a genin. Nothing even moves that fast in Avatar, much less bend elements at that speed (well there is lightning, but even then lightning jutsu is pretty common in Naruto). Not only that, they assume she would have absolutely control over his sand, which doesn't make sense because even in Avatar when two people who bends the same element go at it, they have to basically compete for control over it. Gaara made sand out of basically a whole forest and can harden it to basically to tank explosions. Like I don't know what the point of posting that gif when Gaara literally had to do that except with a mile wide area and he had to make it really deep too. I don't even like Gaara but it's pretty obvious the scale of the stuff he works at is much larger and even does things more intricate like creating clones and a giant body for the tailed beast. She also had an issue fighting in sand because it messes with her sense, which Gaara can create on the spot.

She mastered controlling sand, that's what that gif is showing. Granted it wouldn't help her at all against someone like Gaara. They basically nerfed a lot of gaara's abilities and assumed that Toph sand bending works the same as Gaara's sand control. In fact Gaara could probably beat her without using sand if someone like Azula was able to effortless dodge all of her attacks.

Thor is slow as fuck. He doesn't have the speed to compete at the Supes/WW level. Jane Foster might, though.

Sigh... Speed isn’t > then everything. Did Dragon Ball start this logic?

When it comes to speed for Characters like WW, Supes, and Thor it’s always situational. AND NO Thor as not slow as fuck. Maybe you’re thinking of MCU Thor who’s been nerf so bad it should be considered a crime.

Slayven

These battles are alsways very selective in the abilities and powers they give the Hero's to the point I'm quite certain they pre decide who wins and then just make it work

Certainly, they over powered Zoro and waaaaaaay under powered Erza because they wanted him to win

Shittttt Erza could just knock Zoro out by flexing her power alone.

Cragor

Neo Member
barely hit wolverine? spider man? i love them both but no.

where is this slow fighting shit coming from?

When you have a hero with the power to break his oponent with one hit, you kinda need to resort to that. You make the more powerfull hero be unable to hit the weaker one, that way you can still have a fight, sort of.

Spidey is still pretty strong, not even close to him, but he is strong enough to take a hit and not end up on the other side of the country. But wolverine would spend the next few months traveling back from wherever the hell he ended up landing. He is one of my favorite heros and i love the ways they find to allow him to fight way stronger guys, but come on, everyone knows this fights are made that way because reasons, and the power or each hero matters a lot less than whatever the current story needs to sell to its readers.

I do think ww could win against a certain Thor though, because like many heroes, he has a hell of a lot of versions out there, and some of them arent all that strong. But pair her against any of the strong ones, and im not even talking RKT here, and she will get destroyed, not because she is weak (wich she isnt, in no way) but because of how fucking broken those "Thor" are.

tkscz

Funny enough the only person that Batman doesn't have a contingency plan for is Wonder Woman. He has no way to beat her. He told Superman that he is the contingency for her... And she's bodied him a few times lol.

Yeah, always called bull on this one, unless we're suddenly supposed to forget Tower of Babel.

Rymuth

Sigh... Speed isn’t > then everything. Did Dragon Ball start this logic?

When it comes to speed for Characters like WW, Supes, and Thor it’s always situational. AND NO Thor as not slow as fuck. Maybe you’re thinking of MCU Thor who’s been nerf so bad it should be considered a crime.
Even Dragon Ball has moments where the faster character gets whomped

32dcfc6d75a1c70eb8a0182cd99cb2d8.gif

Top Bottom