• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

Semoreh

I get the purpose. The game wants you to time actions in advance rather than in the moment. I really abhor that sort of thing.

It kind of reminds me of Furi. Every single action in that game was incredibly responsive except for the dodge.

Ok, I've played the demo. It's not plain bad, but I'm not sure I'll open it either...
The game barely runs at 30fps and I found it more beautiful in the teaser (it's actually pretty cheap 3D). It's also floaty and labyrinthy. The game is playable but the demo hasn't convinced me :x

mr lurtle

Another release from Signature Edition Games. Uncanny Valley:
3D-Open-Box-shot_19e9e122-3da0-432b-b24d-3deab7684071_1024x1024.png

Do we know if Merge Games will publish a non-signature edition of the VIta version like they typically do with PS4 releases?

I doubt it, but I don't think they've announced anything either way.

I've already bought the Slain Signature version just because I assumed it wasn't coming, would be pretty miffed if I could've just got a normal version :(

I doubt it, but I don't think they've announced anything either way.

I've already bought the Slain Signature version just because I assumed it wasn't coming, would be pretty miffed if I could've just got a normal version :(

Looks like they're at least considering it.

Signature Edition‏

@Gmid1983 Good to know, we're thinking about it! :)

Looks like they're at least considering it.

Bleh, I wish they'd announce this stuff before time. I've already pre-ordered the Signature Edition since they said stock was nearly out, then they placed a new order and got more stock. And now they're considering a standard version.

I don't want the extra crap, just the game.

Ok, I've played the demo. It's not plain bad, but I'm not sure I'll open it either...
The game barely runs at 30fps and I found it more beautiful in the teaser (it's actually pretty cheap 3D). It's also floaty and labyrinthy. The game is playable but the demo hasn't convinced me :x
Not quite sure how this game is seen favourably or how it even got a rare physical version.

I'm OT now, sorry. Just wanted to let people know about Blue Rider.

Dwayne

Thanks for sharing. It's so easy to get caught up in the hype of these things that we overlook the actual game underneigh.

The document shows Axiom Verge Wii U will get a physical NTSC release Q2. What retailer can I preorder it at? I don't see any info about an NTSC release.

Edit: I also see Syberia 3 listed as 4/25 on Switch. Is that retailer exclusive anywhere and are Preorders up?

The document shows Axiom Verge Wii U will get a physical NTSC release Q2. What retailer can I preorder it at? I don't see any info about an NTSC release.

Edit: I also see Syberia 3 listed as 4/25 on Switch. Is that retailer exclusive anywhere and are Preorders up?

Preorders aren't up for Axiom Verge at traditional retailers yet. Will probably start popping up in the next couple weeks.

Syberia 3 is a new listing that was picked up at VideoGamesPlus. It should just be a matter of time before other retailers start posting their own product page for the game.

Preorders aren't up for Axiom Verge at traditional retailers yet. Will probably start popping up in the next couple weeks.

Syberia 3 is a new listing that was picked up at VideoGamesPlus. It should just be a matter of time before other retailers start posting their own product page for the game.

Thanks for the heads up. Is Axiom Verge up anywhere yet?

Edit: I guess VGP took down Syberia 3 for Switch? I'm not seeing it now. Guess I'll keep an eye out for preorders of both to go up.

JDH

Any updates on Adr1ft and Don't Starve physical copies for PS4? I have them both pre-ordered from VGP since they first listed back in October.

I see Don't Starve is up on Amazon, but about $15 more expensive than VGP, but Don't Starve is also not listed on VGP site any longer.

Any updates on Adr1ft and Don't Starve physical copies for PS4? I have them both pre-ordered from VGP since they first listed back in October.

I see Don't Starve is up on Amazon, but about $15 more expensive than VGP, but Don't Starve is also not listed on VGP site any longer.

Adr1ft was cancelled (though was never officially announced in the first place) and Don't Starve still only has a release window rather than a specific date.

Dwayne

KXOntpOl.jpg

Arrived today from Play-Asia. Wasn't expecting a box, not quite sure what's inside. The colour on the cover really pops, shame the photo doesn't represent it strongly. Love it!

sym30l1c

Arrived today from Play-Asia. Wasn't expecting a box, not quite sure what's inside. The colour on the cover really pops, shame the photo doesn't represent it strongly. Love it!

Sweet! Does it have any English language options for the menu and subtitles?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Another thing I missed a couple months ago was the news that Deep Silver is going to publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance on consoles with a physical release.

When is this coming out? Feel like Ive been waiting for this game forever.

Is this not going to be worldwide? I don't know why, I just assumed it would be or at least part of a collection.

I don't believe we've gotten worldwide launch details for the Patapon/Locoroco ports yet but looking at PaRappa: Remastered it's not likely we'll get a physical release in North America.

Was in GameStop today and noticed a new game on the shelf, Industry Giant II. Checked Amazon and it seems that they aren't selling it, so I'm guessing it's a GameStop exclusive.

Dwayne

Play-Asia now have Parappa the Rapper PS4 up for pre-order. Asia version only, English voices, English subtitles. Amazon Japan have the Japanese print. Wish I knew if it were English too, I imagine it could work out cheaper.

Was in GameStop today and noticed a new game on the shelf, Industry Giant II. Checked Amazon and it seems that they aren't selling it, so I'm guessing it's a GameStop exclusive.

Lol, I saw that yesterday and was so perplexed I went back in again this morning to confirm I wasn't crazy.

Amazon was taking preorders for it with the 20% Prime discount up until last week but now it's showing as not pre-orderable. According to Gamefly, the release was pushed back to 3/28, so maybe Gamestop got a narrow exclusivity window before it rolled out to other retailers.

Syberia 3 is coming for Switch, but per the official Facebook rep, it will be after the 04/25 releases of the Xbox One and PS4 physical versions by several months.

Thanks for the heads up; I had no idea this was coming.

Play-Asia now have Parappa the Rapper PS4 up for pre-order. Asia version only, English voices, English subtitles. Amazon Japan have the Japanese print. Wish I knew if it were English too, I imagine it could work out cheaper.

I thought I had read the Japanese version included English on Heavy Arm's Twitter but I must have mistaken it for the Asian release. Don't see anything looking at their feed.

Syberia 3 is coming for Switch, but per the official Facebook rep, it will be after the 04/25 releases of the Xbox One and PS4 physical versions by several months.

Guess that explains why that listing was removed. Thanks!

Amazon was taking preorders for it with the 20% Prime discount up until last week but now it's showing as not pre-orderable. According to Gamefly, the release was pushed back to 3/28, so maybe Gamestop got a narrow exclusivity window before it rolled out to other retailers.

Thats really strange, the only listing i see on amazon is for the uk version. I did find it on gamefly and like you said, the date is next week.

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a non-English version of this game? I remember having the JP import on PS1 and it was fully in English.

What are the chances that this'll make it out to the US (in physical) after the fact? Wasn't Gravity Rush announced at the last minute or should I jump in on this ASAP?

We have Flinthook coming to PS4 on April 14th via Limited Run Games.

2ql9Lv3.png

What are the chances that this'll make it out to the US (in physical) after the fact? Wasn't Gravity Rush announced at the last minute or should I jump in on this ASAP?

There's always a chance someone like Gamestop, Amazon or Sony themselves could produce physical copies before/after the game's release. There are plenty of retailers offering the import too so you should have a decent amount of time before the game gets tricky to purchase (if it ever does).

There's always a chance someone like Gamestop, Amazon or Sony themselves could produce physical copies before/after the game's release. There are plenty of retailers offering the import too so you should have a decent amount of time before the game gets tricky to purchase (if it ever does).

Um...not trying to be a jinx, but Play-Asia just sold out of their Parappa English preorders. Should I be worried?

Like I am Setsuna on Switch I imagine more copies are coming but if you want a 100% guarantee you'll get the game you might as well order it now.

Who else carried the English version? I tried nin-nin game but they only seem to have the Japanese version. NCSX doesn't have a listing yet, at least I can't find one.

And eBay already has the prices at double, but no idea which version is being sold.

I do hope you're right that they'll get a refill.

Who else carried the English version? I tried nin-nin game but they only seem to have the Japanese version. NCSX doesn't have a listing yet, at least I can't find one.

And eBay already has the prices at double, but no idea which version is being sold.

JP Setsuna has English language option

HeavyArm U-Store is last I checked. Never ordered from them myself but have heard good things from folk in the Vita thread about the store.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/844921708205133824

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Super cool. The game has no text, right? Might as well import.

The game itself doesn't really, no, although Playism's press release claims this release supports Japanese, English, German, Russian, French, Italian and Spanish.

It's arguably better than iam8bit's packaged version, and only ¥3480 on amazon.co.jp -- $31. play-asia also has it up for preorder now.

The game itself doesn't really, no, although Playism's press release claims this release supports Japanese, English, German, Russian, French, Italian and Spanish.

It's arguably better than iam8bit's packaged version, and only ¥3480 on amazon.co.jp -- $31. play-asia also has it up for preorder now.

As long as it exists, it's already better than iam8bit's release. No argument about it, lol.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
As long as it exists, it's already better than iam8bit's release. No argument about it, lol.

Heh. I never saw it in person, but Hyper Light Drifter's seemed pretty slick. Then again... wait, it's not even a physical release! It's collectible stuff with a download code. Never mind, ha ha.

Top Bottom