• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Throwing a house party

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
So I just realized I instinctively put "house party" in the title,when I really meant "party at my house" which is actually an apartment. Albeit a big apartment, but an apartment nonetheless.

Our neighbors throw similarly sized parties almost every other weekend, with tons of drunk chicks yelling like banshees out on the front porch, and they've never had the cops called, so im not too worried about that, I am def gonna be knocking on all of my neighbors doors to give them my contact info, etc. tho just in case.

Also, my roommate owns a pretty sizeable keg and bucket, but its missing the pump thing, anyone know how much one of those runs for and where to get it?

Make some flyers to set the tone of your house party and then hand deliver them to neighbours a couple of days before your event. They'll appreciate the heads up and respect you give them in advance. Have a couple of quick answers ready for any neighbours that want to ask questions and you'll likely avoid them complaining to the fuzz.

Then party on.

Given the above post sounds like you need only invite your neighbours and your issues are solved mate.

The thing with cops... if youre unruly and intoxicated, youre gonna get fucking arrested. Why tempt fate to be a badass? Sorry couldnt quote that kitten post lol.

Have fun dude! I always make slightly fancier then normal treats while the party is going on. People fucking love it. Fresh ass baconwrapped water chestnuts while a beerpong game is going on? Shits fancy

pizza dog

Banned
Also, my roommate owns a pretty sizeable keg and bucket, but its missing the pump thing, anyone know how much one of those runs for and where to get it?

Kegs are standard, generally you trade the store your empty shell for a full keg. They'll rent you a tap for like $5, usually with a deposit up to $20.

Sort that out now, some places require you call ahead a day or two. A college town probably has somewhere across the tracks/river/whatever that'll do walk-in kegs though.

thefro

So I just realized I instinctively put "house party" in the title,when I really meant "party at my house" which is actually an apartment. Albeit a big apartment, but an apartment nonetheless.

Our neighbors throw similarly sized parties almost every other weekend, with tons of drunk chicks yelling like banshees out on the front porch, and they've never had the cops called, so im not too worried about that, I am def gonna be knocking on all of my neighbors doors to give them my contact info, etc. tho just in case.

Sure... make sure and invite your next-door neighbors and you should be cool.

You can rent the tap from the liquor store when you get the keg. With 100 people you probably need 2 kegs (Bud Light/Miller Lite, etc) unless it's a quick party. We would charge people $3 for a red solo cup (unlimited beer from the keg) and if they wanted to drink anything else we told them BYOB. Might need to be $4-5 these days. Make sure everyone knows the deal in advance on that.

I went to other parties where you'd get a cup for jungle juice, or jello shots or something, but you need a keg and a few bags of chips at the minimum. If you want to go all out you can do that too, but just stuff to munch on is good.

Make sure you have plenty of ice. I assume your roommate knows the drill if he's got a keg bucket. You and your roommates should take shifts working the keg/DJing and walking around socializing/watching to make sure shit doesn't get crazy. Have a good playlist of popular stuff queued up on a laptop hooked up to a sound system and you can add some requests. You need an area where the music is loud and people can dance/party, then some quieter areas where people can socialize, play drinking games, or whatever.

Make sure to have some other close friends who can help out if you need it (if a couple of them are big guys who can enforce, great).

Trash can in each room is a good idea and make the drunk people help you pick stuff up before they leave at the end of the night.

Having a house party at you own house was one of the dumbest things I had ever done, I had to run around around all night playing security guard, furniture got broken, a window got broken the carpet was destroyed a couple of holes magically appeared in the dryway. And I only had 50-70 people tops.

Are you really willing to accept the fact that thee is a very good chance your apartment could get completely trashed as in thousands of dollars in damage and thats if some idoit doesn`t decide to bring fireworks and tries to burn the place down.

Pastry

Banned
We used to hire an off duty police officer for our frat parties. He'd keep the front in control, didn't care what we did because we were paying him and if the cops did come he would help handle it.

From how I've seen people act at house parties, I'd say be prepared to burn it down the next day and find a new place to live after.

kai3345

Banned
We're all part of the same organization so everybody is at least forced to interact with everyone else at least somewhat, so I'm hoping that, for fear of being called out by people they see on a near daily basis, no one acts like too much of a chode and punches holes in walls and shit.

The only positive being a host is you don't really need to go somewhere else. There's alot of negatives, especially the aftermath cleaning.

What I can suggest is have a friend or two help you out after.

For the party, have some enough food, strobe lights, and house music (Hardwell, Avicii, Guetta)

LNBL

Warn your neigbours beforehand.
Aw yeahhh

beer-pong.jpg

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
put alot of decorations an stuff outside so there's no room for people to hangout right outside the house/place. That attracts the po po.

Do whatever to keep people in the house as much as possible.

Plus, Be a bit racist with your drugs; nothing white.

Theres no damage control with this much people. And given the fact that you are worried and ask on a videogame forum how to operate damage control...I think you are doomed.

Enjoy de pahti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom