• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIL Zack Snyder is jacked as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrabble

Do male hollywood stars always wear makeup? They don't even look real with how good looking and perfect they are. Comparing both of them to Snyder is kind of shocking.

Do male hollywood stars always wear makeup? They don't even look real with how good looking and perfect they are. Comparing both of them to Snyder is kind of shocking.

The makeup was distracting in winter soldier on Chris Evans. You could literally almost see the lip gloss

Mook1e

Given his height, weight and age that's a good weight to pull. Looks like 365 lbs? Possibly 335, I'm not sure what's on there. Maybe not jacked as hell but not bad at all. I mean you can't just walk up and do that without putting some time and effort in.
It's 295. 45 for the bar, 2x45, 2x35, 2x25, 4x10.
It's not bad for an old guy. I'm 40, 5'6" and I START my sets of dead lifts at 315.
Then again, I actually AM what you would call jacked and not everage.

Raytow

I think the biggest problem, rather than WW casting, is that Zack Snyder is directing the movie, and Affleck is Batman, lets see if it can get worse than Affleck Daredevil.

diamount

Banned
Such unfitting physique though. Wonder Woman isn't some feeble runway model.

tumblr_mwcxoxWl801ryqizyo1_500.jpg

Women who hit the weights don't look like that. But they don't look like Gal Gadot either.

Volimar

Because women can't actually look like that without being pumped full of PEDs, which have extra terrible consequences for them. Do you want the actress playing Wonder Woman to have a five inch Wonder Clitoris? I don't.

I'm naming my band Five Inch Wonder Clitoris.

Tylercrat

Banned
It's funny how some of you guys are showing bodybuilders and professional athletes as examples of what wonder woman should look like. Well yeah if that's your full time job, then of course you can do that. Gal Gadot's job is an actress and her acting ability far exceeds any of those athletes.

Why? Because she probably had to compete against like 50 other women to get the part. So I'm sure at least Snyder believes she can act the part well. And what's wrong with her being skinny? Do you guys have something against skinny women? She is very fit right now. According to the cartoon and many comic books, then I'd say she looks exactly how wonder woman should look.

Maybe someday their do a super muscular wonder woman. Maybe someday they'll do a very short Wolverine in the movies. But can you at least give her a chance before you say she's horrible? Because he's a man, I don't remember Henry Cavill getting this kind of criticism when he was cast. Even though he's not half as big as Superman in the comic book.

diamount

Banned
It's funny how some of you guys are showing bodybuilders and professional athletes as examples of what wonder woman should look like. Well yeah if that's your full time job, then of course you can do that. Gal Gadot's job is an actress and her acting ability far exceeds any of those athletes.

Why? Because she probably had to compete against like 50 other women to get the part. So I'm sure at least Snyder believes she can act the part well. And what's wrong with her being skinny? Do you guys have something against skinny women? She is very fit right now. According to the cartoon and many comic books, then I'd say she looks exactly how wonder woman should look.

Maybe someday their do a super muscular wonder woman. Maybe someday they'll do a very short Wolverine in the movies. But can you at least give her a chance before you say she's horrible? Because he's a man, I don't remember Henry Cavill getting this kind of criticism when he was cast. Even though he's not half as big as Superman in the comic book.

I don't get what you're saying. Every example of a male superhero being portrayed went through an extensive training regime and that was effectively a fulltime job. It seems taboo for actresses to do the same sort of training when portraying commonly depicted athletic women because they become Ms Olympia from doing a single deadlift, instead of running a treadmill for 40 minutes.

I don't get what you're saying. Every example of a male superhero being portrayed went through an extensive training regime and that was effectively a fulltime job. It seems taboo for actresses to do the same sort of training when portraying commonly depicted athletic women because they become Ms Olympia from doing a single deadlift, instead of running a treadmill for 40 minutes.

This. It's strange to me that we have to get the men in the movie packing on weight for their roles and the same doesn't apply to Gal.

Nothing against thin woman, at all. It just feels like a double standard and maybe even an indication that, for some reason, they want a slender/feminine physique. Her boot heels are like five fucking inches, which is another thing altogether, but contributes to the double standard.

Dash27

It's 295. 45 for the bar, 2x45, 2x35, 2x25, 4x10.
It's not bad for an old guy. I'm 40, 5'6" and I START my sets of dead lifts at 315.
Then again, I actually AM what you would call jacked and not everage.

I'm seeing 4x45 2x35 2x15 2x10. But you might be right. Maybe he was just warming up too ;)

Zabka

Henry Cavill didn't get this kind of criticism because he was already in great shape and just needed to bulk up. People were giving Hemsworth shit recently after this shot of him next to Evans came out because he didn't look wide enough.

It's not that Gal is getting criticized just because she was skinny, it's because she was ridiculously skinny. She looks like she's put on a significant amount of weight now but she still looks soft.

Tylercrat

Banned

This is why hollywood doesn't make female super hero movies. Because everyone becomes super critical and judges her looks to no end. I guarantee you if they chose an actress with a different type of physique, then there would be just as many people complaining about other nit picky things. Henry Cavill isn't NEARLY as big as comic book superman but isn't criticized about it because the people will always be more critical of women.

It's also why we haven't had a female president yet. Because women, in all parts of society get judged and analyzed more critically.

Gal Gadot is in EXTREMELY good shape. She works out constantly. Wonder Woman has super powers/ magical, so it doesn't even matter how much she can bench press, because unless we can find someone who can lift a third of the earth's weight then it doesn't really matter.

This is why hollywood doesn't make female super hero movies. Because everyone becomes super critical and judges her looks to no end. I guarantee you if they chose an actress with a different type of physique, then there would be just as many people complaining about other nit picky things. Henry Cavill isn't NEARLY as big as comic book superman but isn't criticized about it because the people will always be more critical of women.

It's also why we haven't had a female president yet. Because women, in all parts of society get judged and analyzed more critically.

Gal Gadot is in EXTREMELY good shape. She works out constantly. Wonder Woman has super powers/ magical, so it doesn't even matter how much she can bench press, because unless we can find someone who can lift a third of the earth's weight then it doesn't really matter.

You keep using the same tired excuses. People give male superheros shit too. Hemsworth is still in better shape than most average guys and is getting shit for not looking buff enough. Cavill got shit for not looking like Reeves. Eisenberg got shit for being scrwny deapite comic Lex always bwing portwayed as buff. Affleck gets shit for his butt chin. You can pretend it only happens to females or accept that when playing superheros, the majority of which are buff and have a set appearance, most people are going to comment on the appearance of whatever actor/actress is chosen.

And the whole "She's magical blah blah" is nonsense. Superman is an alien yet he's still buff, despite Kyptonians being waaay stronger than humans

Fezan

She could easily put on some more muscle to look a little more like the part. My girlfriend doesnt even lift but does circus stuff everyday and has amazing tone.
I saw your post on show your significant other thread and I was going to say that she looks like a perfect wonder woman or how I imagined her life Acton version to be

entremet

This. It's strange to me that we have to get the men in the movie packing on weight for their roles and the same doesn't apply to Gal.

Nothing against thin woman, at all. It just feels like a double standard and maybe even an indication that, for some reason, they want a slender/feminine physique. Her boot heels are like five fucking inches, which is another thing altogether, but contributes to the double standard.

Women don't put on muscle as easily as men. Men have 12x the amount of testerone available. And that's just naturally. Who knows if Cavill was on gear.

But I do agree that Gal was a bizarre choice for an Amazonian princess.

diamount

Banned
Women don't put on muscle as easily as men. Men have 12x the amount of testerone available. And that's just naturally. Who knows if Cavill was on gear.

But I do agree that Gal was a bizarre choice for an Amazonian princess.

On gear? He would be much bigger if he was on steroids.

entremet

On gear? He would be much bigger if he was on steroids.

Gear use isn't just for size. You can use to maintain muscle mass, keep low body fat levels, and also speed up the muscle building process.

Gear=Huge isn't the only application for steroids. Heck, fitness models who have the more Men's Health look have admitted to steroid use.

Steroids have many applications--aesthetics, performance, size, fat loss, etc. And there is just not one type of steroid there are many with thousands of different protocols, dosages, and combinations known as stacks.

Zukuu

Banned
If it would only help him to make better movies again. =/ He's like the new M. Night Shyamalan with the exception of having 2 good movies instead of just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom