• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time magazine Millennials: The Me Me Me Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonUT

I once asked my grandmother what the Great Depression was like and her response was "you know, people talk about how bad it was but to me, that was just life".

I once interviewed my grandfather about the great depression for a school project. His response was the exact same. He was about the same age. I wonder how much age affected this view point and how much it was affected by how much harder life in general was.

If Gen Y children are selfish and lazy, is it not the fault of the people who raised them? And if their parents were such shitty parents, do the grandparents not share any blame?

Indeed. Where the heck did The Greatest Generation go wrong? Was it the '60s counterculture?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/st...g&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

NEW YORK—According to a new study published Wednesday in The American Educational Research Journal, an overwhelming majority of recent college graduates are completely unprepared to carry the full weight of the U.S. economic recovery.

The study, conducted by researchers at Columbia University, confirmed that a drastically high number of 22- to 24-year-olds lack even the most fundamental skills necessary to singlehandedly spark unbridled economic growth across the entire country for generations to come.

The Onion is still extremely relevant.

clav

agent-smith-me-too-ouou2l.gif
Me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom