• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Traveler spotted in 1928 movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deku said:
Cameras in 1928 were huge giant contraptions with a crew around it. It's hard to miss.

Have you seen people walking around with cellphones? It's like the rest of the world doesn't exist sometimes. I've seen people walk into traffic with cells.

ckohler

Zombie James said:
If it's a hearing aid, then who was she talking to? She was walking by herself.
It's no hearing aid. There are many reasons her hand could be like that without her having to be holding anything. As for her talking, that old dude is only walking about four feet ahead of her.

Ninja Scooter said:
if time travel were real why would some fat old lady who obviously sucks at keeping her cover be one of the test subjects?
Who says she's a test subject? Maybe in the future traveling through time is like going on vacation? Damn tourists always got to ruin shit.

Ferrio

Banned
mgs_codec.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What if it wasn't even a time traveller.....but an Illuminati message made via Charlie Chaplin's films to warn people of their control of the present and future, and their advance KNOWLEDGE of things like cell phones even in such era? Huh? Think about it!

Peff

So, wouldn't they know that we found out in 2010 and corrected the anomaly, and therefore we wouldn't know to begin with?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
mattiewheels said:
What if it wasn't even a time traveller.....but an Illuminati message made via Charlie Chaplin's films to warn people of their control of the present and future, and their advance KNOWLEDGE of things like cell phones even in such era? Huh? Think about it
Charlie Chaplin was a time traveler!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Peff said:
So, wouldn't they know that we found out in 2010 and corrected the anomaly, and therefore we wouldn't know to begin with?
Why would they do that.

Clearly they want us to know.

Peff said:

Information noise in the early 21st century is incredibly high. There's a lot of information in the mix but most of it gets lost due to the overflow of data.

Therefore, 20-30 years from now, this discovery is lost in the ether and the time travelers never correct their mistake.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
At 4:26 you can see how her index and major are not positioned properly for it to be a cellphone. What she is holding is not rectangular. It's an ear trumpet. She is talking to the man ahead of her who probably hates his wife and just walked too fast for her like he didn't give a fuck. They're probably late for something and she just keeps nagging about how her legs hurt or something and he won't listen.

Ferrio

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Information noise in the early 21st century is incredibly high. There's a lot of information in the mix but most of it gets lost due to the overflow of data.

Therefore, 20-30 years from now, this discovery is lost in the ether and the time travelers never correct their mistake.

This is heavy.

btkadams

Peff said:
no, because the only way we discover time travel is through confirmation of its possibility in this movie.

PARADOX.

Peff

DoctorWho said:

The La Li Lu Le Lo...?

WillyFive

Very interesting. The size is like a cellphone, but of course, since the Vulcan Science Council has determined time travel to be impossible, I say it's probably just a hearing aid as well.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Peff said:

No. Because by 2013 we'll be too busy fighting off the invading Magranix fleet to remember.

Luckily, we steal the secret to time travel from them in 2026 after 13 long years of occuptation and send a middle aged fat woman back to the 1920s by mistake.

The Earth is cleansed with fire not long after that.

Nose Master

Peff said:

They did, but it just created an alternate timeline. Our timeline still exists.

:lol

Burai said:
No. Because by 2013 we'll be too busy fighting off the invading Magranix fleet to remember.

Luckily, we steal the secret to time travel from them in 2026 after 13 long years of occuptation and send a middle aged fat woman back to the 1920s by mistake.

The Earth is cleansed with fire not long after that.

You weren't supposed to mention the fire.

Clearly the phone is of such a large size because time travel was invented in 1987 and the woman is of such a large size because she's Margaret Thatcher, high ranking member of the Illuminati in 1987. The second highest ranked woman in the Illuminati at that time? Molly Ringwald. True story.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Peff said:

Unless they didn't give a fuck.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
InaudibleWhispa said:
A huge Chaplin fan is going to watch this and recognise herself and think "Holy shit, I must have built a time machine to go back and meet my idol. I better get on that". What we're watching is going to happen next week for her. We're seeing both the future and the past in a single video!

MPW-8601

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Bolt Vanderhuge said:
Clearly the phone is of such a large size because time travel was invented in 1987 and the woman is of such a large size because she's Margaret Thatcher, high ranking member of the Illuminati in 1987. The second highest ranked woman in the Illuminati at that time? Molly Ringwald. True story.
I don't know, I like the cross-dressing Tesla theory posted in the comments of the blog linked above.

I'll call Desmond and ask him about it. BBL.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Morgan Freeman told me that the farthest you can go back is to when time travel was first discovered... which means that we have had time travel since the 1920's!!!

It's most likely an ear trumpet. But unfortunately the only images of them appear to show a very distinct shape to these devices, a shape that would have showed in the video.

http://www.hearingaidmuseum.com/gallery/Non-Electric/EarTrumpets/Short Trumpets/index-short.htm

They seem to generally work like this

maryamygreg.g007-10-400x575.jpg

In the link above, the shapes become more and more distinctive with one end being thin enough to go into your ear. The Otophone, however, seem to be around the same size if you wanted to use it in a way which would make it look like you're holding a mobile phone. I don't know anything about this but those seemed to have been 120 years before this video was made. Maybe she was using one of them, as that seems more likely judging purely from the video. If it's an ear trumpet, then can anyone find one small enough to be held in the way she did in that footage? I've seen ear trumpets being held before in old footages and they were blatantly obvious as to what they were. This, not so much.

Interesting video. I'll try to get an expert to watch it. I'm not sure about the TT theory, but I'm not sold on it being an ear trumpet.

EDIT: Came across some other designs of these.

horns.gif

Most likely using a design similar to the one on the left here. Video is still strange. Her general mannerisms show that she is conversing, or speaking to someone, but none of those around her seem to be walking with her. That's equally as suggestive as what shes holding beside her ear

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DoctorWho said:
Fucking companions never listen.

:lol :lol :lol

Who's to say it isn't a photoshopped spliced film?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
TheSeks said:

:lol :lol :lol

Who's to say it isn't a photoshopped spliced film?

The person who "discovered" it owns a production company. I'm sure everybody is actually assuming it is a viral, and just having fun with it, thanks to a certain Doctor.

Tobor

DanteFox said:
from youtube comments:
Of course it's an ear trumpet. I can't believe I sat through that idiot hyping up an ear trumpet. Fucking viral videos.

History, how does it work?

WillyFive

Battersea Power Station said:
Oh, man. I hate this type of time travel. Couldn't we exist in the single timeline type of reality?

No, because that's retarded, and makes for uninteresting stories.

skybaby

Tobor said:
Of course it's an ear trumpet. I can't believe I sat through that idiot hyping up an ear trumpet. Fucking viral videos.

History, how does it work?
Did your gamma talk to her ear trumpet when she got senile? Because that's obviously a trans-dimensional phone

Trurl

Banned
Even in the future those bluetooth ear piece things are too lame to be used by anybody but the biggest douche bags.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trurl said:
Even in the future those bluetooth ear piece things are too lame to be used by anybody but the biggest douche bags.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom