• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 - Frontier News Network 6.22.17 - The War Games

Nice update. I'm loving the free DLC and will return to TF2 after having not played it the past couple weeks.

I'm still surprised I play this more than BF1 long term, I would've expected the opposite back in October 2016.

Man, I played the first for a month I have had this since launch yet only dabbled in the MP when the beta was going.

I need to get into this game.

Wil348

This game is the gift that keeps on giving. I recently convinced my friends to buy it and we're enjoying the shit out of it.

3-Weapons seriously can't come soon enough

Was just reminded again today how much I truly detest the current 2 weapon arrangement and constantly needing to swap classes when Titans start dropping in.

Is the new map a remake of the one from TF1 DLC, or does it just look like it? Also im curious how next months DLC drop will be the biggest one yet.

Alx

Dammit. I thought I'd be able to do this:

Primary: Assault Rifle
Secondary: Sniper Rifle
Anti-Titan: Launcher

I think you can achieve that by picking up the weapon of a dead pilot while having your secondary weapon equipped. Of course you'll go back to your default loadout if you get killed.

m23

War Games was one of my favorite maps from the first, excited to see it coming back. Great job respawn on the support for this game.

gamz

When it comes to X1X it means there are times it'll render at higher than 4K and then downsample to whatever resolution the X1X is outputting to. Its is truly glorious on a 4K display. This quote will come back to haunt me, I'm sure, but there were times on Wargames last time I was testing where it was rendering at ~3200p (6K?) internally. The internal render resolution is dictated by the GPU load, so obviously there are no guarantees as to how often it renders at particular resolutions, but essentially we're using 100% GPU all the time.

Jesus. Nutso

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
When it comes to X1X it means there are times it'll render at higher than 4K and then downsample to whatever resolution the X1X is outputting to. Its is truly glorious on a 4K display. This quote will come back to haunt me, I'm sure, but there were times on Wargames last time I was testing where it was rendering at ~3200p (6K?) internally. The internal render resolution is dictated by the GPU load, so obviously there are no guarantees as to how often it renders at particular resolutions, but essentially we're using 100% GPU all the time.

Woah. XB1X is a monster.

Man, I really need to start playing this again. I owe it to the devs since they've put so much extra work into making the game better since I last played in January or so.

Drewfonse

Holy shit. I will happily transition from PS4 pro to X1 as my Titanfall 2 machine because of this. This game, and Respawn rules. What the flying fuck.

Izuna

Banned
Holy shit. I will happily transition from PS4 pro to X1 as my Titanfall 2 machine because of this. This game, and Respawn rules. What the flying fuck.

g02DAEN.gif

titanbrehs coming back

also since it's a new concept, perhaps a thread is necessary

EL CUCO

Man, this is new thread worthy imo.

Edit: ha. Spoke to soon

Theorry

So i guess the devkit and devtools are pretty good for the Xbox One X?

Did you manage to hold that at 60fps or frame drops Dk?

Rayme

Did you manage to hold that at 60fps or frame drops Dk?

Half the point of this scaling (down or up) is to maintain 60fps w/ the graphics processor regardless of the current load. So in theory it should only be going high when it thinks it can handle it (to maintain 60fps).

CPU load could still drive your framerate down in worst cases, but the pixels won't be blamed. =)

Top Bottom