• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Arrrammis

Reached Level 50 today, could someone quickly explain how Regeneration works?

Do I lose weapons or do I just start leveling again?

Once you level up from 50 (level 51 I guess) A big "REGENERATE" button appears on the multiplayer menu screen when you're not matchmaking. When you hit the button, you restart back at level 1 with everything locked again. However, if you unlocked something using merits, then that gun/titan/whatever will be unlocked, so hold on to your merits for when you regen so that you can unlock your preferred loadouts right away. You won't lose access to attachments for your guns, but you'll have to re-unlock those guns to use them.

Everything resets but you keep the items you've purchased with credits.

You keep weapon levels and everything you unlocked with credits, everything else needs to be unlocked via lvl up again.

Once you level up from 50 (level 51 I guess) A big "REGENERATE" button appears on the multiplayer menu screen when you're not matchmaking. When you hit the button, you restart back at level 1 with everything locked again. However, if you unlocked something using merits, then that gun/titan/whatever will be unlocked, so hold on to your merits for when you regen so that you can unlock your preferred loadouts right away. You won't lose access to attachments for your guns, but you'll have to re-unlock those guns to use them.

Thanks. I'll have to think about it, I think I only bought one gun with credits.

TheChits

Ran into someone trying to Vortex relay probably over a month ago now. They were kind of trash at it, but when I realized what they were attempting we pretty much did nothing but that for like the next four hours.

The LTS best of 7 to best of 5 change kind of killed my will to play this game over Siege. If you win 3-2 or lose 3-2, it just feels hollow.

Yeah that change is such a bummer .

KodaRuss

Ran into someone trying to Vortex relay probably over a month ago now. They were kind of trash at it, but when I realized what they were attempting we pretty much did nothing but that for like the next four hours.

The LTS best of 7 to best of 5 change kind of killed my will to play this game over Siege. If you win 3-2 or lose 3-2, it just feels hollow.

Agreed, I really do not like the change. Switch back to best of 7 Respawn! It is what the people want!

I wish I would have bought this game or Siege digitally, having to switch discs is so last gen or two gens ago...

Arttemis

Ton's shield and Northstar's tether should be switched. That would make more sense. The sniper gets the shield from afar, but is encouraged to use it mid/close to benefit teammates, and the overpowered Tone gets... a tether.

I finally found one unredeemed. Is there only Ion facepaint, or if you redeem more, do you get other Titan nose arts, too?

This is something I hope to address.

The network is supposed to be TitanGAF (that's the one on PC and Xbox), but no one on PS4 decided so you've ended up with a Network that, through reports, has a bunch of people that know nothing about GAF.

Anyway ~~

I have been in this thread for a while and had no idea about TitanGAF network. I'm in NeoGAF's network. It's the only network with GAF as its logo, so I say stick with it.

KodaRuss

Ton's shield and Northstar's tether should be switched. That would make more sense. The sniper gets the shield from afar, but is encouraged to use it mid/close to benefit teammates, and the overpowered Tone gets... a tether.

I finally found one unredeemed. Is there only Ion facepaint, or if you redeem more, do you get other Titan nose arts, too?

I have been in this thread for a while and had no idea about TitanGAF network. I'm in NeoGAF's network. It's the only network with GAF as its logo, so I say stick with it.

All you get is the camo for Ion and a Coliseum ticket I believe.

That is one of the reasons why I use NeoGaf instead of TitanGaf because everyone pretty much knows what GAF stands as a tag for but TGAF they might not.

Arttemis

All you get is the camo for Ion and a Coliseum ticket I believe.

That is one of the reasons why I use NeoGaf instead of TitanGaf because everyone pretty much knows what GAF stands as a tag for but TGAF they might not.

Cool, thanks for sharing that. I wasn't happy with any of my Ion facepaints, and was waiting until the Shark face would eventually get unlocked. I think this one actually looks good until I can get my left shark on.

KodaRuss

Cool, thanks for sharing that. I wasn't happy with any of my Ion facepaints, and was waiting until the Shark face would eventually get unlocked. I think this one actually looks good until I can get my left shark on.

Yeah, the buffalo wild wings face plate is pretty cool. The Mountain Dew Camo is pretty cool as well. I have no idea how to get the Target camo though.

Izuna

Banned
I don't know why the tag is TGAF. It's not supposed to be. Code and I asked people to set up TitanGAF in a certain way but they didn't. So I dunno.

Vipu

Banned
I did a little research, sounds like it is supposed to be a separate sticker that should be placed by Target employees on six packs of mountain dew or large bags of doritos. Ill take a look at Target but I doubt they are still doing this.

Its like super rare to find those, I wonder if target employees took them all at start and sold them on ebay or something.
At start you could see some on sale in ebay and now no one have seen any in anywhewre for many weeks.

I did a little research, sounds like it is supposed to be a separate sticker that should be placed by Target employees on six packs of mountain dew or large bags of doritos. Ill take a look at Target but I doubt they are still doing this.

Wow
If true, then its no wonder people had issues lol

Wow, I never thought we'd beat BF1 to OT2.
I don't know why the tag is TGAF. It's not supposed to be. Code and I asked people to set up TitanGAF in a certain way but they didn't. So I dunno.
IIRC the leader of a network can change the tag in-game, so it could be corrected.

RedFury

Haha I see that all the time. When I go for an execution and punch but they just explode instead their legs stay in place but the upper half just blows up. It peeves me when I don't truly know the reason why that happens instead of the execution starting (I get the kill and everything) but it does make me chuckle.

Wow, I never thought we'd beat BF1 to OT2.

IIRC the leader of a network can change the tag in-game, so it could be corrected.
I'll fix it when I get off. Never bothered seeing as how we lost everyone to the open and more populated gaf network from the alpha. Network issues at launch didn't help either and once people were in the open network didn't bother requesting in to Titangaf.

Arttemis

Not this shit again... two out of the last three games have given me 2500+ ms pings...

People said tweaking their router fixed this?

Arttemis

Since their servers/netcode are preventing me from playing any matches, I thought I'd put together a clip of the last match I could play.

EEG-1 reminds me so much of Tribe's Spinfuser and Plasma Gun, so I've decided to give it a go outside of Coliseum mode, and it was pretty fun! Though playing pretty conservatively, I stayed alive the last 10 minutes of the match. I'm no pro, mind you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM6jZLyzWvk

Since their servers/netcode are preventing me from playing any matches, I thought I'd put together a clip of the last match I could play.

EEG-1 reminds me so much of Tribe's Spinfuser and Plasma Gun, so I've decided to give it a go outside of Coliseum mode, and it was pretty fun! Though playing pretty conservatively, I stayed alive the last 10 minutes of the match. I'm no pro, mind you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM6jZLyzWvk
You can do tons of damage with an EPG in a regular match if you play right.

Izuna

Banned
Aight, so I'm guess I'm going to streamline the OT2 quite a bit. A lot of my headers were made with the idea that they'd have different messages depending on your theme. I thought I had gotten this working but I didn't.

Apologies if the OT2 is a little less ambitious than it should be.

I don't have time to figure out what's happening so I'm straight up deleting stuff ;(

I'll keep working on what I can but depending on whether we hit 20k posts first or it hits midnight I'll drop it in

deoee

Aight, so I'm guess I'm going to streamline the OT2 quite a bit. A lot of my headers were made with the idea that they'd have different messages depending on your theme. I thought I had gotten this working but I didn't.

Apologies if the OT2 is a little less ambitious than it should be.

I don't have time to figure out what's happening so I'm straight up deleting stuff ;(

I'll keep working on what I can but depending on whether we hit 20k posts first or it hits midnight I'll drop it in

No worries, it will be AWESOME and maybe you can fix it some time later :)

KodaRuss

Damn this thread is moving slow today. Everyone is waiting to post their awesome Titanfall 2 shit for OT2.1 Izuna lets go.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

FStop7

Banned
I played 2 matches yesterday and turned off the game. It's just roof camping and pilot sentries. So in order to win the game you can't move fast and do all the cool wall running stuff. Instead you have to methodically clean out the camping spots and sneak up on the turrets so you can melee them from behind. Repeat and repeat until titans are in play and then the game resumes a somewhat normal flow.

The camp/turret strategy is horrible and doesn't work but in order to beat it you have to basically not play Titanfall the way it was meant to be played.

So, I think I'm kinda done.

Izuna

Banned
Damn this thread is moving slow today. Everyone is waiting to post their awesome Titanfall 2 shit for OT2.1 Izuna lets go.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'll say it since it won't be included. I had silhouette versions of the titans in a solid colour. I can still hide them for the light theme but I can't for the dark theme. I also gave these images links to thinks so if you clicked them some tutorials or videos would come up.

RIP all of that.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the presentation ;(

KodaRuss

I'll say it since it won't be included. I had silhouette versions of the titans in a solid colour. I can still hide them for the light theme but I can't for the dark theme. I also gave these images links to thinks so if you clicked them some tutorials or videos would come up.

RIP all of that.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the presentation ;(

I am sure you did a great job but all of TitanGaf has their hopes and dreams pinned on this OT2 so it better be good. No pressure.

lol
Ummmm

Yep, No UAV to see here. None at all. Good job Respawn

I played 2 matches yesterday and turned off the game. It's just roof camping and pilot sentries. So in order to win the game you can't move fast and do all the cool wall running stuff. Instead you have to methodically clean out the camping spots and sneak up on the turrets so you can melee them from behind. Repeat and repeat until titans are in play and then the game resumes a somewhat normal flow.

The camp/turret strategy is horrible and doesn't work but in order to beat it you have to basically not play Titanfall the way it was meant to be played.

Huh, the way i combat that stuff is the exact opposite . Not saying it's not annoying in pvp but the best way to crush them is to Titanfall all over their faces

KodaRuss

With map hack? Lol maybe. Played alot in the free weekend and since I bought it and haven't seen that many people use it compared to UAV in cod.

You are actually lucky it used to be a lot worse. Prefiring everywhere. It was fun. You could see if an enemy pilot scratched his nose behind three walls before.

SwolBro

Banned
Map hack is way low these days and even when it's triggered it's not so bad. We're just waiting for

• Sentry turret nerf
  • Another Tone tweak
  • Hemlock/Devotion nerfs
Those are the pressing issues at the moment.

EL CUCO

I hope they don't touch Sentry turret. My Dice roll would be so boring without it

Also, Phase rewind needs a buff. It's currently trash tier

Marc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ckA-1r8748

Match of one of my rounds, the round before I got 8 kills and died 15 times on the same map. :/ Can't get consistent at all.

I feel like the above, being slow and methodical is working better for me. I am new to Titanfall and don't normally play MP barring recent months, and the speed of things with the running and gunning I just can't get to grips with. I overshoot or miss by an insane amount with wild spray and prays.

And yes I am overusing the frags and sentry's, which is going to annoy some here but if you can't run and gun then what other options are there. Mostly I have been using them to 'scare' enemies into my direction. So throw a grenade left and then I go right to try and mop up as they run from it. Sometimes works.

Any tips would be welcome, I would like to wall run and gun but I just don't have the accuracy.

One of the reasons I hate the city based maps, its too vertical, too many on the roofs and if the opposition have won the high ground it seems really difficult to win it back.

As for the sentry, I use it but I'm not really a fan of the other stuff you get as they don't seem all that useful to me. Ticks and map hack I like but you don't get much bang for your buck with them.

It's the best. I think if you're coming from Stim, you might miss the speed boost, but apart from getting from A to B quicker, all the escape abilities of Stim are much better with Phase Shift.

Yeah, between that, Stim and the hologram they're my favourite. As in my video, the phase shift saves my arse so many times.

I assumed the phase shift stops bullets too but I have died quite a few times after shifting so guessing there is a 'warm up' period akin to the bullets bending around walls.

Its also the funniest, been in a few situations 1v1 where we're both phase shifting around each other trying to melee and shoot. :)

Izuna

Banned
I've sent it in.

Massive apologies. After my exam I'll reinclude the 3 sections I removed. I JUST found out the correct colour for the silhouettes but I just spend a while reformatting the stuff.

tl;dr ;( my art idea is gone and we're left with a very basic OT. SORRY!

Arttemis

Map hack is way low these days and even when it's triggered it's not so bad. We're just waiting for

• Sentry turret nerf
  • Another Tone tweak
  • Hemlock/Devotion nerfs
Those are the pressing issues at the moment.

I hope they don't touch Sentry turret. My Dice roll would be so boring without it

Also, Phase rewind needs a buffet. It's currently trash tier
Just buff the trash boosts, like phase rewind and tri-holo pilot, and make Hard Cover initiate more quickly.

If they do, it doesnt need much. The big problem is stacking and that they track you through cover/objects. they could maybe make grenades more effective vs them, too??? Anything else would make them unusable . They are only a big issue in PvP, and i still say all boosts should be removed from that mode to make it infinitely better

FStop7

Banned
You can kill the pilot turret with one melee as a pilot

As a Titan it takes two melees

Shooting it takes multiple magazines and is basically suicide

Makes no sense.

Top Bottom