• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Single Player Gameplay Trailer

Lunar15

Conceptually, there's a lot of cool things going on with setting and tech.

Plotwise? They have done nothing to prove that this isn't an entirely throwaway story. Couldn't be less interested in the protagonist, his relationship with his mech, or even what the actual driving conflict is. "I wasn't meant to be a pilot or have this sick mech" isn't really a compelling angle to keep hammering on.

How can they have so many cool elements going on but make this look so boring and generic?

KodaRuss

That didn't inspire any confidence in me.

Looks pretty 'by the numbers'.

I don't think this is a great trailer to show what all they are doing with the campaign. It is just all big set pieces, yeah we have seen those in every shooter now.

I have seen a lot more footage of the single player that has really shown they are trying to do something special with the game.

-Multiple routes you can take in a level
-Platforming
-Work alongside the Titan to get things accomplished (IE, not in Titan)
-Unique Animal enemies

Also, they are giving the Titan some personality to it, it isnt just a tool that does what you say, there is more to it.

We might have something pretty special here, I am excited to check it out.

Pretty nice looking, I'm hoping to catch it on a holiday sale since my budget is pretty tight right for games.

Ctrl + F "Cuco"

0 of 0.

I'll be back.

Izuna

Banned
Now that I have pre-ordered (and can't cancel since it was a code)... I'm getting back to being sceptical. Like, I needed to encourage myself to get it.

After what I played of the BF1 campaign, the bar is set higher for me personally than it was prior, since the last SP campaign was Doom (which was far too easy).

I want it to be good, I will have to wait though. BF1 will take most of my time but if the campaign is good I will snag it on sale and try the multiplayer out.

Senteevs

As cliché as it gets...

It pains me to hear the voice of Optimus Prime in this.

I will wait until it arrives in the EA Access Vault.

Kill3r7

At first glance it looks like a by the numbers campaign. Personally, I did not think the game needed one but at least people who wanted it got one. I am looking forward to the MP.

Lmao story and main character seems so generic but whatever. The platforming involved in the single player will prolly make this a really fun campaign. Weren't previews pretty positive about it anyways

Hyped to dive in on the MP even moreso of course

Guys guys! Modern Warfare 1 and 2 aren't exactly nobel worthy writing, the storytelling is what sells the thing, we'll know that wtih T2 when the game is out.

JaMarco

I know they're trying to introduce a new audience to the world but did they have to make the story so cliche though?

Tokubetsu

Don't know who that sleek android enemy/boss is but I like them. I hope they survive. Androids > Pilots. Ready for Titanfall Sarah!

eI5jc2Y.gif

Apdiddy

I guess I'm one of the few to actually like the trailer. I won't be getting it day 1, but I may get it a year from now or for post-Thanksgiving/Christmas deals.

Newlove

Very much looking forward to it. Enjoyed the alpha and love the first game. Story is bound to end up with BT sacrificing himself for you.

Lunar15

I guess I'm one of the few to actually like the trailer. I won't be getting it day 1, but I may get it a year from now or for post-Thanksgiving/Christmas deals.

There's a lot to like in the trailer. A lot of amazing set pieces and interesting level design. It's just that the plot and characters are insanely vapid. Time will tell once we get the actual game, but the trailer doesn't do it many favors.

Menitta

Yup. That's an FPS story for you. The actual levels look to be interesting though.

BT is gonna die in an elaborate cutscene isn't he?

Top Bottom