• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Single Player Gameplay Trailer

Karu

I would take this over CoD campaigns every day of the week. Dig the trailer. Last I played, AW , sucked baaaaadly.

obviously bought infinite warfare legacy lol

I'm gonna cry when BT dies.

don't worry he'll be back

ZIgQT9w.gif

jett

D-Member
I can't remember the last time I heard such cheesefest narration in a trailer. It was just missing the dude telling his robot "We're not so different, you and I."

I don't care that much about the single player portion but i still can't wait for Titanfall 2, the multiplayer is where it's at for me !!

Staf

I've been thinking of getting mainly for the SP. But is it just me or is there zero hype for this? Never played Titanfall 1 since i play on PS4 but i thought that franchise was quite beloved.

black070

"He was never meant to be my Titan.. and I never planned *tears up* to be his pilot"

Things are gonna get steamy aren't they ?

I think it would be neat/different if Jack died at the end, and the last mission/chapter is you playing as BT going ham on the bad guys.

It would be emotional while dodging the cliche of the machine dying for the man.

I'm not a writer though :)

I can't remember the last time I heard such cheesefest narration in a trailer. It was just missing the dude telling his robot "We're not so different, you and I."

I cringed at "I was at the right place at the wrong time."

Would have been way better off with just playing music over some action. That dialogue felt very amateur.

Chris1

I've been thinking of getting mainly for the SP. But is it just me or is there zero hype for this? Never played Titanfall 1 since i play on PS4 but i thought that franchise was quite beloved.

Titanfall 1 was amazing and I don't want to derail the thread, but they changed too much and the "tech test" put a ton of people off it. Read the impressions thread here or the reddit threads and you'll see how fast the hype dropped once people started playing it.

There's also BF1 releasing a week earlier with a lot of hype around it and stealing all the mindshare, too.

The single player story vision trailer was better than this, this made the game seem more generic. Still hyped overall for the game though! I was already a fan of the Beta but they did go back and fix some stuff afterwards, a lot of new gameplay from youtubers looks mostly like titanfall1 to me IMO in terms of movement compared to the beta.

Doesn't do much for the story (trying to not let expectations get out of hand, I know it won't be How To Train Your Titan), but it certainly looks rad.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Cheese, cringe and a whole lotta hype !

Day uno.

cooldawn

I can't unhear Metal Gear Solid's Miller. It doesn't feel right.

Doesn't look that interesting either, unfortunately.

Lunar15

If they wanted to be cool, have the pilot die but the robot live on. It'd be a good bookend too considering it starts with the former pilot dying.

Bikram

I don't think this is a great trailer to show what all they are doing with the campaign. It is just all big set pieces, yeah we have seen those in every shooter now.

I have seen a lot more footage of the single player that has really shown they are trying to do something special with the game.

-Multiple routes you can take in a level
-Platforming
-Work alongside the Titan to get things accomplished (IE, not in Titan)
-Unique Animal enemies

Also, they are giving the Titan some personality to it, it isnt just a tool that does what you say, there is more to it.

We might have something pretty special here, I am excited to check it out.

This

The Death Star thing doesn't sound all that exciting, but I'm not too worried about it. If the gameplay is as good as I expect and the plot stays out of its way then I'm good. I don't need the Last of Us feels out of this, I just need tight and fresh FPS gameplay.

Looks generic to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible.

The vision trailers were fantastic, and give me a lot of hope for the game. Not just from a gameplay standpoint, but there seems to be some interesting character stuff going on. And that stuff can totally exist inside a simple overarching plot. Not that I'm expecting a close comparison, but even something The Last of Us has a pretty generic plot for its setting - it's the character dynamics that make it work. Hopefully Titanfall will be similar. BT and the Apex Predator mercs should all be pretty memorable if Respawn plays their cards right.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What kills me is that Titanfall has so much potential from a gameplay perspective but it's pretty consistently full of the most boring visual, and specifically military designs on the planet. Generic looking soldiers, generic guns, and the hallmark of the franchise, the titans, all look equally as personality-less. In this trailer there's a bit more personality in some of the "evil" mechs, and the wiildlife surprisingly have some of the most creativity poured into them, but still not much of that overall. Nothing looks cool or distinct in a game where pilotable robots drop from the sky and you can run along wall and double jump and shit, it's ridiculous.

DocSeuss

What kills me is that Titanfall has so much potential from a gameplay perspective but it's pretty consistently full of the most boring visual, and specifically military designs on the planet. Generic looking soldiers, generic guns, and the hallmark of the franchise, the titans, all look equally as personality-less. In this trailer there's a bit more personality in some of the "evil" mechs, and the wiildlife surprisingly have some of the most creativity poured into them, but still not much of that overall. Nothing looks cool or distinct in a game where pilotable robots drop from the sky and you can run along wall and double jump and shit, it's ridiculous.

That's what makes it awesome; it's dedicated to this sense of specific future techno military fetishism and I love it.

That's what makes it awesome; it's dedicated to this sense of specific future techno military fetishism and I love it.
I really like the aesthetics of Titanfall as well. It's very Neil Blomkampy, and I absolutely love his movies visually. If anything it ventures a little more towards cartoony than I'd like, but in general I still really like what I see.

I don't get why every evil empire and their mum wants to build a Death Star. And yeah, super-cheesy trailer, CoD has better dialogue.

I would take this over CoD campaigns every day of the week. Dig the trailer. Last I played, AW , sucked baaaaadly.

obviously bought infinite warfare legacy lol

You're tripping, dude. AW was probably the best campaign a CoD game has had in a long time.

jdstorm

Banned
Im still pretty on board for this game. Dont know if ill be day 1 since i really want to get the special eddition for the improved box art.

the trailer could be better. But its a fps/platformer hybrid so im in

Ricker

Jack Cooper hey... ;)

Rental for me since I have no interest in the multi and I am not paying 90 bucks for a 7 hour Campaign.

I've laughed through a lot of bad dubbing/voiceovers in my life but there's something about Jack Cooper's voice acting that's just painful in his monologues. Hell, that monologue itself couldn't be written any more dry and less subtle.

Here's what I expect-
  1. The gameplay for the campaign to be good with a lots of unique environments to make use of the parkour and combat.
  2. The boss fights to be uninspiring and straight forward because it's a western AAA game.
  3. The story narrative would be at best simplistic, at worst a throwaway/uninspired "modern" military campaign.
  4. The bromance between BT and Jack would probably be good given how much they kept focusing on it over the overall story, with BT being seen more favorably than JACK COOPER.

dr_rus

Why do I have a feeling that while CoD moved to a proper story TF is trying to add single player in a true to it's creators CoD1 roots way and form? This campaign can be both amazing and utter crap at this point. The severely dated engine isn't helping either.

Barakov

Maybe I'm just numb to stories in shooters but I didn't think it was corny as everyone is making it out to be. Some elements(ie. giant weapon that destroys in everything in the galaxy) definitely are, though.

I don't think this is a great trailer to show what all they are doing with the campaign. It is just all big set pieces, yeah we have seen those in every shooter now.

I have seen a lot more footage of the single player that has really shown they are trying to do something special with the game.

-Multiple routes you can take in a level
-Platforming
-Work alongside the Titan to get things accomplished (IE, not in Titan)
-Unique Animal enemies

Also, they are giving the Titan some personality to it, it isnt just a tool that does what you say, there is more to it.

We might have something pretty special here, I am excited to check it out.

This is the kind of stuff of why I'm interested in the campaign.

Lucifon

That wasn't a great trailer. That engine is showing how lacking its face tech is these days. There's a huge leap in the faces in bf1/cod this year over titanfall's.

Maybe I'm just numb to stories in shooters but I didn't think it was corny as everyone is making it out to be. Some elements(ie. giant weapon that destroys in everything in the galaxy) definitely are, though.

What's your opinion of the voice-over? I think that's the main contributing factor of why it feels corny to people (myself)

joebruin

kind of funny that there's a robot sidekick in both IW and TF2.

this game should have been delayed. gonna be cannibalized. at best it'll be a redbox rental for me to play the campaign (if it gets good reviews)

Top Bottom