• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

TheMan

yikes at those textures (and i'm usually pretty forgiving of thse kinds of things) but the game looks pretty fun and more than playable. It's a buy!

gatti-man

Personally I don't find it artistically appealing at all, and the low rendering resolution, the uneven framerate, the low-res textures and screen tearing just make it look unimpressive for a new gen game. I'd say it's the worst looking game I've played on XB1/PS4 so far.

Worst new game for me was dr3. Still I think it looks great when you take away next gen expectations. As a game there is nothing offensive about the way titanfall looks imo.

Vinc

Worst new game for me was dr3. Still I think it looks great when you take away next gen expectations. As a game there is nothing offensive about the way titanfall looks imo.

Oh yeah, DR3 was pretty bad as well. Forgot about that one. In any case, even COD Ghosts (at least on PS4) looks miles better than Titanfall does.

I think DR3 looked slightly better than Titanfall. I disagree completely that there's nothing offensive about it. Some of the textures are just appalling and the screen tearing is horrible.

I've only read the first page but I can't believe people think it looks good. I'm not normally picky with graphics and I typically don't notice little things that make a difference, but I can clearly see a difference between the 360 and Xbox One versions.

Yoda

I've only read the first page but I can't believe people think it looks good. I'm not normally picky with graphics and I typically don't notice little things that make a difference, but I can clearly see a difference between the 360 and Xbox One versions.

For a 360 game its pretty decent compared to what else is out there.

All things considered, it looks about as good as one can hope. these environments are multiple times bigger than a CoD, and there is about 10X as much going on. it looks about as good as (maybe a bit better than) the approximation of Battlefield that 360/PS3 owners get. Anyone expecting more than this was hoping for a miracle.

All I hope for is that they maintain a steady framerate.

tassletine

I think it looks terrible. Every WiiU first party title is more impressive that this. What the hell happened? Especially after how good Halo looked. That this is a flagship title is embarrassing.

I think it looks terrible. Every WiiU first party title is more impressive that this. What the hell happened? Especially after how good Halo looked. That this is a flagship title is embarrassing.

Wii U is a more powerful system, haha. It's a 2+2=4 situation

The Wii U is more powerful than the 360 lol.
And it's not a first party title.
And it's a port.

Ghazi

Can't watch any footage right now, but it's depressing that every person and their grandmother has different opinions on how it looks. Some saying it looks awful (I don't really care too much how it looks, just want a good framerate with minimal tearing) with lots of tearing and drops.

:( I was hoping it would turn out well.

X1 looks better of course but this is completely playable and a great feat for Bluepoint.
I had heard it was a great port and it seems like those that waited for the title on 360 aren't going to get the kick in the teeth that seemed likely.

Man I am really impressed. Game looks much closer than I imagined and I was playing it on PC. I thought at best it was going to look like COD.

Yeah, as someone who's playing it more or less maxed on a PC, I'm impressed by the videos/screens so far.

Was expecting A LOT worse for 360. It looks good. Now, unless performance is awful, I really have no idea why the decided not to show this version. Unless, they really were worried it would make the X1 look bad.

I think they just wanted to get those early sale on the X1. Makes perfect sense.

Vitor711

Can't watch any footage right now, but it's depressing that every person and their grandmother has different opinions on how it looks. Some saying it looks awful (I don't really care too much how it looks, just want a good framerate with minimal tearing) with lots of tearing and drops.

:( I was hoping it would turn out well.

Yeah, as someone who's playing it more or less maxed on a PC, I'm impressed by the videos/screens so far.

Was expecting A LOT worse for 360. It looks good. Now, unless performance is awful, I really have no idea why the decided not to show this version. Unless, they really were worried it would make the X1 look bad.

CCIE

Banned
Looks really good for a 360 game - no wonder MS wanted it delayed. Does the XB1 version really look $500 better? Should sell very well on 360

How are people judging the quality of the game based on off screen camera footage ?

Check the twitch stream about 44 min in.

Looks really good for a 360 game - no wonder MS wanted it delayed. Does the XB1 version really look $500 better? Should sell very well on 360

I am very curious how it will sell on 360. If the performance holds up it should be a great seller

Vitor711

Check the twitch stream about 44 min in.

I am very curious how it will sell on 360. If the performance holds up it should be a great seller

Footage starts around the 38 min mark for a proper match.

Looks fantastic - the more I watch, the more impressed I am. Bluepoint have done a fantastic job with such limited hardware.

Footage starts around the 38 min mark for a proper match.

Looks fantastic - the more I watch, the more impressed I am. Bluepoint have done a fantastic job with such limited hardware.

Ha me too. I don't know where the disappointed comments are coming from. I can only imagine its from those that haven't played the game. This is very much keeping the core experience in tact and doing so while looking quite impressive for a 360 game.

molnizzle

Looks solid enough that I kinda regret purchasing the Xbone. I was gonna get one eventually either way but I probably could have waited until fall. Especially since Titanfall performance is pretty fucking terrible on Xbone as well. I honestly wouldn't mind having that 30fps cap...

Game looks bad on every platform honestly. All I care about at this point is the framerate. Looked pretty choppy in that twitch video but idk if its the game or just the vid. Waiting for DF.

gaugebozo

Looks pretty good for a 360 game, but too bad they couldn't get it to 60 fps. Also seems to be some framerate/lag issues at times, hopefully won't be too bad in the wild and after an update or two.

That being said, it's nowhere near the One/PC versions. Lower res, lower textures, half the framerate, less effects.

Remark

Banned
Personally, I think the "frame rate issues" people are seeing is just twitch stream lagging and lag from the servers in the game. I think it'll be better on Tuesday when everyone plays but we'll see on Tuesday I guess :)

Also textures were expected for an almost 10 year console but I think a lot of why the game looks the way it does is because of the engine. I think when Titanfall 2 development comes around they need to make a whole new proprietary engine or hell even use Frostbite.

Hale-XF11

Frame rate looks solid enough. Textures are obviously not that great (look at the tarp at 42:00 for instance) but about what I expected all things considered. Can definitely tell the difference between this and the Xbone version. Contrast sure is low. Overall, it looks good enough for what it is.

Hyunkel6

Looks like the Wii versions of the CoDs.
Haha, that's pretty much it. I'm still getting the 360 version, but I can't believe some people are saying it looks barely different from the Xbox One. A lot of textures and overall details are clearly missing from the 360 version.

Do you think anything not on the PS4/XBO looks bad? This is the 360 version, the game looks good for what they're trying to do on hardware that released in 2006.

Cueil

Banned
And the ground textures obviously. But otherwise, the geometry is pretty similar.

I would certainlly hope so... it's suppose to try and look generally the same, but the texture resolution (much more important the actual resolution) is a fraction the size... 1/4 at the most probably more like 1/8

Top Bottom