• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Crap, the Twitch streamer turned off the 30fps cap. I'll be interested to see if that introduces screen tearing.

This reminds me of Sonic Heroes.

No I'm serious, the OG XBOX version was 60fps with awesome high res textures, the PS2 version looked blurry and was 30fps. Same content. Same game.

Difference being the PS2 and XBOX were the same fucking generation, haha. The feel of next gen.

Ascenion

Funny, wouldn't the 360 version looking "much worse" be good for Microsoft? Wouldn't that sell more $500 consoles? They would have shown it more if that were the case... It isn't.

Basically what I was thinking. There is a visual downgrade but it damn sure isn't a spend $500 downgrade. Everything it's lacking was to be expected as it's older hardware, but the parity is too high to again justify $500 for better textures and effects. If someone wanted other games too I could see getting an X1 then.

daman824

The textures inside the titan cockpit look downright disgusting. You don't really know how weak last gen consoles are until something like this comes out. But for what they had to do, bluepoint still did a good job. Doubt anyone could do better.

And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.
I had a quick look at your post history just for laughs, and it seems to be split between offtopics, Microsoft /xbox bashing, and pro-Sony statements. Nothing wrong with that (altho it's amusing how much effort you spend downplaying Titanfall). You did say this though:

Actually, resolution directly impacts how good-looking a lot of games are.
Ryse would have looked even sharper with a 1080p resolution. This is not hard to imagine.

I'd post a couple of other examples of your xbox downplaying posts (muddy textures in mgs on xbox one for example) but I'm on my phone and it's a pain in the ass.

In hindsight, do you think you were being a bit "nitpicky" since Ryse at 900p or mgs at 720p is "essentially the same experience" as if it were at higher res?

Fezan

I dont knw how you guys can say it looks like xbone version.

The effects are missing the textures are bad and i don't know if its the stream or what but lightning is completely flat like from games from the start of previous gen. also when he is fighting titan the fps drop in teens(this may be due to stream)

antitrop

If you have the Auto-Eject Perk equipped, the Pilot doesn't push the buttons and pull the lever like usual. You just shoot out as soon as you go Doomed. That might explain it.

Green Yoshi

Titanfall should only be played with rock-solid 60 fps, because it is much faster than games like Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty.

Basically what I was thinking. There is a visual downgrade but it damn sure isn't a spend $500 downgrade. Everything it's lacking was to be expected as it's older hardware, but the parity is too high to again justify $500 for better textures and effects. If someone wanted other games too I could see getting an X1 then.

The XB1 has been available for $450 with Titanfall included in the past few weeks.

Also, can we all stop with the "$500 for one game isn't happening", as if Titanfall is the only game on the console, and no more games are coming down the road. We buy consoles because there is a game or more that we want to play now, and because we know there are more coming in the future. It's never really about one game. At least not for most people.

Voltron64

I think the guy in the stream adjusted the brightness when he was in the settings menu. Why doesn't the Xbox One version have this?? Ugh.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Also, can we all stop with the "$500 for one game isn't happening", as if Titanfall is the only game on the console, and no more games are coming down the road. We buy consoles because there is a game or more that we want to play now, and because we know there are more coming in the future. It's never really about one game. At least not for most people.

Tell that to the PS4 has no games camp.

Dabanton

Some people have dug themselves too deep about the 360 version being almost equal to the XB1. They're not gonna give up now.

Yep.They're going all in.

Their craven want for this version to be close to the X1 version for reasons that are sadly pretty obvious, looks like its fallen flat on its face.

Along with all the bizzare conspiracies that MS/EA and Respawn were holding this back because it was on Par or with the X1 and PC versions it all looks pretty silly now.

T.O.P

Banned
Looks extremely washed out, animations are awful, effects are non existent

And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Doesn't look bad at all. Obviously not as good as the Xbone version, but still pretty good nonetheless. BP did a fantastic job with the port.

MavFan619

Banned
I know you made that gif to show off the framerate. But that enemy titan looks like it belongs in a vita game. Damn...
That's kinda harsh on the Vita. But seriously this version doesn't look good at all, on top of the framerate and tearing screens.

HoodWinked

looks like what i expected other than map size which i thought they would shrink.

still a possibility that some maps are not in the 360 version.

Some people have dug themselves too deep about the 360 version being almost equal to the XB1. They're not gonna give up now.

there are two sides of this,the people who thought the game will be dismal port or very different to the xbox one

so...i dont wanna judge by a twitch video...but i see a decent por of a less than stellar game on the graphics side to begin

Sean*O

Yep.They're going all in.

Their craven want for this version to be close to the X1 version for reasons that are sadly pretty obvious, looks like its fallen flat on its face.

Along with all the bizzare conspiracies that MS/EA and Respawn were holding this back because it was on Par or with the X1 and PC versions it all looks pretty silly now.

It looks decent. What's funnier is that so many posters who once did not care about minor graphical shortcomings (as long as the game is fun) are now nitpicking all of the differences between the 360 and X1 versions and making it sound as if you couldn't possibly be happy with the uglier version of the game.

K.Sabot

Game looks fine guys, pretty close to the X1 version in fact.

Of course you'd have to half the framerate if the X1 version had frame hitches.

edit: oh you guys don't want this to look good apparently, my mistake?

Riky

$MSFT
Looks to me that they did as much as they could with the hardware, anyone who has played the game would know the maps are much larger than COD and have far more going on. Doesn't hold a candle to the X1 version but at least they got all the features into that 512mb.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh brother. Y'all need to pick up a new sword cause this one's already all dented and shit. Seriously.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I know you made that gif to show off the framerate. But that enemy titan looks like it belongs in a vita game. Damn...

Jeez I didn't expect such a difference between the Xbox One a d the 360. This is a clear generation leap. Where are the effects. That titan model is really bad :(

Hopefully it plays nearly the same because it doesn't come close to the next gen versions

Blanquito

Is it possible people that can't see a difference between 720p and 1080p see a difference between the 360 version and the Xboxone version?

Anyway, to me there is a difference, but not worth getting a new machine for that difference. If I had an Xboxone, though, it would most certainly be the version I bought.

Good job by the 360 developers though.

Yikes, they really needed to let this game bake some more on ALL platforms.

Hopefully the sequel will have most of the growing pains in the development process ironed out.

Pjsprojects

Yeah, the PC version is the same, tearing everywhere for some reason. I think that is actually some kind of bug that will be fixed.

No tearing or frame drops on PC for me so what's going on? My game is set to max and insane textures.

360 version looks exactly how a good port on that hardware could look.

Impressive for a 360 game, though in places it does sort of look a bit like someone printed out a XBO screenshot and then dropped it in a puddle.

As I said though, good port.

Despite the fact that it's not the best looking game around, Titanfall is pretty damn demanding. Going to guess it's from the amount of particles that are flying around at any given time.

Alchemy

Watching the dudes stream, seems to run fairly well outside of the tutorial. Can't really judge the visuals based on the stream quality though.

Top Bottom