• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

GeeDuhb

You mean like on the front of the box with a large icon saying "Hard Drive Required" ?

71FoECYbU3L._SL1000_.jpg

Ah, I didn't see that it was stated on the cover...btw is that the US case? Cause those "icons" are atrocious...

I don't think your average user knows the difference between a flash drive and hard drive tbh. Most will expect this to work without any additional hardware add-ons out of the box.

It does also state that a HD is required on the back of box but its one of these asterick/fine print things. I personally wouldn't make a fuss about this...but I could see parents buying this for their kids getting upset. :\

They should probably have a flashing sign on the front that says this won't work on a GameCube too.

With a QR code link to an instructional video explaining how a GameCube and Xbox 360 are different.

but then you'd need some kind of clear messaging that stopped users mistaking the QR code for a magic eye picture.....

I understand that yes, at least they said it on the box...but my point is somewhere more along the lines of what henhowc is saying.

This would be different if we were talking a situation like the basic WiiU system vs. the Deluxe, where the lower model didn't sell very well. In the case of the 4GB 360, they have undoubtedly sold a shitton of them (I worked at Best Buy for multiple holiday seasons and the 4GB Kinect bundle was one of the best sellers, due to the price alone.) You are talking about upwards of 25-35% of consoles out there possibly being the 4GB model, so it would suck to buy the game and not be able to play it.

I understand that there is probably some explanation as to why it won't work of of flash storage (like the assets that are installed can't be streamed fast enough to physically play the game) so I am not really complaining. I am just saying they probably should have listed somewhere (front or back ) *not compatible with 4GB systems. ;)

I see a lot of people other places (read: Twitter) saying how ugly it looks in comparison to the PC / Xbox One version, as if they are surprised. Nearly 9 year old hardware vs brand new hardware and technology, and the new is substantially better? *gasp*

Dude, I can't believe the Atari 2600 version of Donkey Kong doesn't look like Donkey Kong Country. BULLSHIT!

ReBurn

Gold Member
I see a lot of people other places (read: Twitter) saying how ugly it looks in comparison to the PC / Xbox One version, as if they are surprised. Nearly 9 year old hardware vs brand new hardware and technology, and the new is substantially better? *gasp*

Dude, I can't believe the Atari 2600 version of Donkey Kong doesn't look like Donkey Kong Country. BULLSHIT!

The Atari 2600 version of Donkey Kong doesn't even look like Donkey Kong.

The resolution (but resolution doesn't matter to XB1 people, remember?), the frame rate (but the frame rate fluctuates so much on XB1 that the locked 30 without horrible screen tearing might be an improvement), and the texture and lighting quality.

Console war generalizations.

The Digital Foundry analysis of Titanfall on XB1 stated the "image quality punches above it's weight" at 792p. Resolution numbers don't tell the whole story. MSAA makes a big difference. The first time I saw the beta on my tv I was quite surprised at how clean it looked at that res. It was dramatically better looking than Ghosts on XB1.

TrueGrime

The Digital Foundry analysis of Titanfall on XB1 stated the "image quality punches above it's weight" at 792p. Resolution numbers don't tell the whole story. MSAA makes a big difference. The first time I saw the beta on my tv I was quite surprised at how clean it looked at that res. It was dramatically better looking than Ghosts on XB1.

I've found that watching videos of a game will only give me a small idea how of it will look. Youtube vids of Titanfall didn't do justice of how good it looked on my TV. Gamersyde videos are usually of the best quality.

Shady859

Well I picked this up on my way home from watching UK game.

64mb update right off the bat, 1gb install it says. Installing now gonna shoot noobs to dry my tears.

TheCloser

Banned

Yea because ghosts on the XB1 is at 720p. Titanfall will look cleaner because it has a higher resolution.

Gestault

Ah, I didn't see that it was stated on the cover...btw is that the US case? Cause those "icons" are atrocious...

It appears a complaint that the information was obscured has been replaced with a complaint that it stands out too much. Is that an unfair observation?

Shady859

That is the USA cover in pic above it's only missing another banner stating Winner of over 75 awards. Will post pics shortly.

Shady859

Uhhh, somebody already did, check out the previous pages :p

haha oops only went back 1 page instead of 2.

I think it needs more banners!
my pic: http://imgur.com/blmeX9S

Not sure why case says 1gb, i've played 2 rounds online and only installed the 64mb update. I think it's pretty darn good for 360 version so far but again 2 matches. no it's darn good port gameplay wise.

Irate Drake

Neo Member
I had so much fun playing the 360 verison last night. First time I have enjoyed online since Halo 3.

This isnt bombarded with little kids yet, which makes it great.

JB1981

Some surfaces look,I don't know, "texture-less"? Still, looks like the basic Titanfall experience is intact

Hey Respawn and Bluepoint games you won't allow the game disc to be installed on the HDD?, I'm not buying it then i dont want to hear the disc spinning. Whatever the reason is GTA V got around this by installing one disc on the usb memory stick and the other the HDD and it worked perfectly.

Whats this i hear about the GOD version coming out two weeks later? Why not on day 1 what a mess this release has been. I don't think i will be buying this game anymore and will spend my time and money on Trials Fusion the digital version that is.

Top Bottom