• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

Try to play the game right now.

Then, try to trade/sell the disc.

It's useless AND worthless.
This is why I wish games like this had offline bot matches or something. So you could at least do something with it when it gets retired. Well, in addition to the fact that I really like games with bot matches.

char0n

It actually looks pretty good, and this is coming from someone who plays the PC version on max settings (except textures down to "very high" from "insane" to keep down load times/eliminate in-game load stutter). This seems like a perfectly good way to play the game if you don't have a good gaming PC or Xone.

TrueGrime

This is why I wish games like this had offline bot matches or something. So you could at least do something with it when it gets retired. Well, in addition to the fact that I really like games with bot matches.

I wonder what iteration of TF we would be in when the first game retires from the servers.

And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

lol at people piling on this post at the beginning of this thread. That HD footage on YouTube looks great

The textures were butchered. and it's 30fps.
Yep. I'd hate to see how the 360 version stacks up to the incredible texture work on the PC:

nrjwibA.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What's better, 50fps with significant dips and tearing, or 30fps without?
Depends on the person.

If we're talking rock solid 30 fps with no tearing versus an unstable frame-rate with tearing (which is what 50 fps would end up being on most displays) then I'd go with 30 fps no question. Cannot stand unstable frame-rates, judder, and (especially) tearing.

I'm interested to see a Digital Foundry analysis between all the versions now that this is finally out. Of course the XB1 and PC versions look a lot better texture and lighting wise, but I wonder between the XB1 and 360 versions which plays better. From the looks of the videos posted I'm not seeing frequent screen tearing and horrible frame rate fluctuations in the 360 version. That alone might provide a superior play experience to some.

Kolgar

To answer my own stupid question from a few pages back:

Yes, the 360 game will get the Season Pass. It's available for pre-order on the Best Buy site, anyway.

I'm actually considering dumping my xbone version for this one. I only played it a little bit before getting turned off by the dodgy performance

Nydius

The textures were butchered. and it's 30fps.

It's not like the textures on the PC or XBO version are worth writing home about. Forget the skewed side by side comparison which is just silly, but comparing full frame 1080p there's very little noticeable difference between High/Very High/Insane on PC.

As for 30fps, given the frame rate troubles on PCs and the XBO, I can't help but wonder if a locked but smooth 30fps isn't better overall. I'm lucky enough to have a system capable of running almost consistently at 60fps (the worst offenders are Lagoon, which regularly averages at 52fps, and Colony, which regularly averages 56fps) but the screen tearing, random double digit fps drops, and jarring is so atrocious at times -even with third party tweaks - that I need to stop and let my eyes recover.

All in all, Bluepoint delivered what appears to be a solid port that maintains the essence and pace of the game and may end up being a slightly smoother gameplay experience than the higher fidelity XBO/PC versions simply because the 30fps limit and reduced textures will even out the spikes. It'll be a perfectly fine experience for someone who only has an X360.

Tsundere

Banned
Hmm not sure how I feel about that style of reporting

d6f334eb403288b61cd9a2959e2dc49b7dfa5e81.jpg__620x349_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Still I expect many more articles that do not depict great difference between the versions sans maybe Polygon
I think that article pretty much nails it, especially the part about Microsoft not wanting to talk about that version.

What are the differences?

It seems like the same great gameplay.

Oh I think X360 will be a perfectly fine way of playing Titanfall hell while it will likely have a lower framerate I think it might suffer from less screen tearing

I think that article pretty much nails it, especially the part about Microsoft not wanting to talk about that version.

It does convey much of what is likely happening. I simply don't feel a lot of the memes and such are necessary in what is to be a piece of journalism

I noticed a helluva lot more tearing in that video compared to the Lagoon video. I'll be rocking 30 locked. Best way to play if you don't want your eyes to bleed from all the screen tearing.

What are the differences?

It seems like the same great gameplay.

The resolution (but resolution doesn't matter to XB1 people, remember?), the frame rate (but the frame rate fluctuates so much on XB1 that the locked 30 without horrible screen tearing might be an improvement), and the texture and lighting quality.

daman824

Yep. I'd hate to see how the 360 version stacks up to the incredible texture work on the PC:

nrjwibA.jpg

X1 version framerate is wildly inconsistent with more screen tearing and the graphics and textures were never good to begin with on any platform. Bluepoint pulled off a great port

It's not like the textures on the PC or XBO version are worth writing home about. Forget the skewed side by side comparison which is just silly, but comparing full frame 1080p there's very little noticeable difference between High/Very High/Insane on PC.

As for 30fps, given the frame rate troubles on PCs and the XBO, I can't help but wonder if a locked but smooth 30fps isn't better overall. I'm lucky enough to have a system capable of running almost consistently at 60fps (the worst offenders are Lagoon, which regularly averages at 52fps, and Colony, which regularly averages 56fps) but the screen tearing, random double digit fps drops, and jarring is so atrocious at times -even with third party tweaks - that I need to stop and let my eyes recover.

All in all, Bluepoint delivered what appears to be a solid port that maintains the essence and pace of the game and may end up being a slightly smoother gameplay experience than the higher fidelity XBO/PC versions simply because the 30fps limit and reduced textures will even out the spikes. It'll be a perfectly fine experience for someone who only has an X360.

No, this isn't even debatable. The textures on the 360 version took a huge hit. It looks like a vita game at times (burning skies, black ops declassified) when it comes to the texture detail on geometry. Bluepoint did great. But concessions had to be made.

fasTRapid

Banned
The resolution (but resolution doesn't matter to XB1 people, remember?), the frame rate (but the frame rate fluctuates so much on XB1 that the locked 30 without horrible screen tearing might be an improvement), and the texture and lighting quality.
To me it looks a lot like MGS:GZ on Xbox One versus PS4, keep in mind the resolution difference isn't even near as big, and Tomb Raider. It's not a generational leap some may have expected.
It really is, considering one of the two games is running on hardware that is more than 7 years older, an arguably insignificant difference.

daman824

Have you seen their NDAs?

The bias runs deep huh? Well I can't win an argument if you don't use common sense.

I'll just leave the quote here

"Also, seems pretty common that people assume MS is the publisher and can make demands like not showing a particular version of Titanfall because it'll steal sales from... Titanfall... Rich!"-DKo5

He knows a hell of a lot more about this stuff than you.

-Edit- also, implying that the developer is lying because it doesn't fit your narrative isn't cool...

HoodWinked

To me it looks a lot like MGS:GZ on Xbox One versus PS4, keep in mind the resolution difference isn't even near as big, and Tomb Raider. It's not a generational leap some may have expected.
It really is, considering one of the two games is running on hardware that is more than 7 years older, an arguably insignificant difference.

ya TF on 360/XB1 is quite similar to what we've been seeing in cross platform games but this is just going to get much more scrutinized just because it is the flagship xb1 game, youre right though the differences in these cross platform games have been framerate and fidelity. but unfortunately what some deem as a big difference others may say there is little difference because of the subjectivity of visuals.

Top Bottom