• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Do people honestly buy consoles for one game that is available with it? I bought my ps4 on the knowledge that some great first party games will come. I bought XBox one for titanfall..and quantum break...the next gears and whatever possible first party games I want.

I dont get all these comments in this thread about it
Most don't but it's clear that this was the game being positioned as the killer app.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Do people honestly buy consoles for one game that is available with it? I bought my ps4 on the knowledge that some great first party games will come. I bought XBox one for titanfall..and quantum break...the next gears and whatever possible first party games I want.

I dont get all these comments in this thread about it
Get with the times man. TF is the only game worth playing on X1 right now and in the future.

Deadbeat

Banned
I see what's happened here. You're referring to the two images on the last page, and not the two larger images in the post he quoted.

Understandable mistake.
What images are you talking about? Id like an actual comparison of say each capture set to 1080p or whatever.

Get with the times man. TF is the only game worth playing on X1 right now and in the future.

Dead_Rising_3_Cover_Art.jpg

preview-ryse-son-of-rome-stunning-reveal-trailer-and-gameplay-demo-e.jpg

0088537066152_500X500.jpg

killer-instinct-sadira-jago-screenshot-xbox-one.jpg

also all the multiplats, but you keep thinking that oh mighty one

RetroStu

Banned
It's not 60 vs 30 fps. It does not really run at 60 fps proper on XO. It's an unlocked, unstable frame-rate with tearing at nearly all times.

And i hardly doubt the 360 version will run at a constant locked 30fps so it cancels that argument out.

It seems to me you are really trying hard to show that there is little difference between both versions for some reason.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
And i hardly doubt the 360 version will run at a constant locked 30fps so it cancels that argument out.

It seems to me you are really trying hard to show that there is little difference between both versions for some reason.
I'm simply surprised to see people claiming that it looks significantly worse than the XO version. The difference seems less significant than numerous other cross-gen games.

I think Battlefield 4 is a great example of this as the XO and 360 versions both run at basically the same resolution yet the difference between the two is truly generational. They look and run very differently. Titanfall on 360 really just looks like Titanfall with a reduction in texture detail, resolution and performance. That's still significant, no doubt, and I wouldn't play it on 360, but I see a lot of people here making oddly bold claims about the two.

I'm also very disappointed in the XO version itself. It's an ugly, pixelated, choppy game. It does not run well at all. For being such a top tier release they really dropped the ball. It looks OK enough had it run at 60 fps, but it really does not. All of the XO games I purchased at launch look dramatically better than Titanfall.

RetroStu

Banned
I'm simply surprised to see people claiming that it looks significantly worse than the XO version.

Well it does look significantly worse than the XB1 version to me if you judge the game from the above high res screens, the difference is vast in those screens.
The difference is much bigger than all the PS4 vs XB1 cross platform games that have constantly spawned 60 page threads on here over the last few months.

I can't see the video from work.

Besides resolution, is there any other difference that stands out?

Framerate? Texture quality? Aliasing?

shandy706

Most people sit further from their TV so they won't notice right? ;)

Looking at the original res images...from the post I quoted, I would have to be sitting a good 30-40' away from my 46" (let alone anything bigger) to not see that difference. We're not talking 900p vs 1080p at 12-15' away here. One example has muddy textures with no real definition while the other has the opposite. Pretty simple.

If one has a choice between 3 options, then I say go with the best option. If the 360 is your only option, I'd pick it up right away.

How does blowing up low res images give any better of a comparison LOL

Maybe one should look at the post I quoted. He didn't have tiny low-res images as an example. ;)

Pop

http://youtu.be/GEJb2vbXTNE

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Edit: Ok, I saw only a clip has been posted. This is the full match. Looks very playable. Didnt notice any excessive screen tearing.

No wonder Microsoft didn't want this out. It's going to save people $440.

And those bots are atrocious. Completely horrible and people keep flaunting their k/d ratio like it means something in this game.

Tsundere

Banned
If one has a choice between 3 options, then I say go with the best option. If the 360 is your only option, I'd pick it up right away[./QUOTE]

Yes, it's definitely PC > Xbox One > Xbox 360. However, money comes into play, and if you only have a 360, or a 360 and PC, then it comes down to PC spec or preference to play with friends on Live, to save $500 to just play Titanfall.

EL CUCO

I retract my previous statement, Bluepoint did not emulate the screen-tearing of the One version. Well done Bluepoint.

Amen to that. X1 version has some cringe worthy moments that I've seen none of on 360 judging by these videos. IIRC, this is one of the more "demanding" maps of the game.

360 owners rejoice!

Reloaded

Banned
No wonder Microsoft didn't want this out. It's going to save people $440.

And those bots are atrocious. Completely horrible and people keep flaunting their k/d ratio like it means something in this game.

Firstly, no one buys a console for one game.

And secondly, Player K/D ratio and Bot K/D ratio are separate.

Daemul

This guy thought he was playing Call of Duty. Spending that much time on the ground is comically embarrassing.

I was raging watching the video. Constantly shouting "Call your damn Titan!" and "Stop playing this like COD".

I calmed down when I realised that it's still early days and people need time to adjust to the gameplay. 360 players didn't get the benefit of a beta to learn the game mechanics. So I'll let it slide.

I think it's really impressive what Bluepoint has done here. Once again they've proven they're the absolute best team for porting over games. No it's not as sharp as it's cousins, and it's 30 fps, but they got this brand new next generation game to run solidly on 2005 hardware. This version has no right to look this good or run this well. Bluepoint are wizards confirmed.

Firstly, no one buys a console for one game.

And secondly, Player K/D ratio and Bot K/D ratio are separate.

I bought a PS4 for Knack, I bought a Wii U for ZombiU, I bought a Vita for Wipeout 2048 and I bought a 3DS for RE:Mercs.

Some people might not buy consoles for one game, some do. Let's not claim either as fact.

I think it's really impressive what Bluepoint has done here. Once again they've proven they're the absolute best team for porting over games. No it's not as sharp as it's cousins, and it's 30 fps, but they got this brand new next generation game to run solidly on 2005 hardware. This version has no right to look this good or run this well. Bluepoint are wizards confirmed.

I wouldn't be that impressed if PC version did not run like shit. But considering that PC version is so unoptimized I'm actually surprised.

Redbox it is then. I've never been able to get into fps multiplayer but will give this a go as I've heard its accessible for noobs like me.

Its addictive as hell (I have it on Xbone)...for about 2-3 solid weeks of non-stop action/grinding. Then, about 3-4 days ago I got bored after I hit Gen 4, set it down, and havent played it. Theres something about the grind that burnt me out quick. Possibly a lack of content. I'll likely go back to it at some point since the game is like crack, but theres something oddly stressful about it...and ultimately kind of hollow. Its a hell of a ride while it lasts tho.

Edit: back on topic...it looks decent on 360...they did an admirable job with the port. Really we shouldnt be too shocked, this is the Source engine, after all. It really doesnt look or run all that great on Xbone as the engine itself really isnt a technical marvel, nor is it intended to be at this point.

Most don't but it's clear that this was the game being positioned as the killer app.

Killer apps aren't what you think k they are. You might really want Titanfall and buy a XB1 as a result but you aren't buying it JUST for Titanfall. No ones doing that.

Toa TAK

Banned
This, to me at least, looks fantastic. Really excited to pick it up this week for my 360.

But for the recent YouTube video, I was wondering why that guy never did any wall running or jumping. It's not COD.

antitrop

This, to me at least, looks fantastic. Really excited to pick it up this week for my 360.

But for the recent YouTube video, I was wondering why that guy never did any wall running or jumping. It's not COD.
I know the point of the video is to show off the quality of the 360 version, but I still think it's pretty hilarious that a video on the channel "EliteXbox360Gaming" shows the guy playing like a total nub.

He even gets Melee killed by a Grunt at the end.

Top Bottom