• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

The bias runs deep huh? Well I can't win an argument if you don't use common sense.

I'll just leave the quote here

"Also, seems pretty common that people assume MS is the publisher and can make demands like not showing a particular version of Titanfall because it'll steal sales from... Titanfall... Rich!"-DKo5

He knows a hell of a lot more about this stuff than you.

It's better if you quote the post, I'll do the honors

Love the conspiracy theories. Keep em coming! I should give a prize to the person who makes the most ridiculous claim and is convincing in their belief of it. Also, seems pretty common that people assume MS is the publisher and can make demands like not showing a particular version of Titanfall because it'll steal sales from... Titanfall... Rich!

p.s. take it from me, Bluepoint are amazing. I firmly believe there isn't another company out there that could have done better. The delays were necessary to let them work their wizardy, and I assume everyone likes games releasing once done instead of getting pushed out early?

Note: Titanfall is multiplayer only and requires an Xbox Live Gold membership
Note: Titanfall requires an Xbox 360 hard disk drive with 1.2GB available storage space. You cannot play with flash memory sticks or internal flash memory such as the memory on the Xbox 360 4GB models.

This is what it says on Amazon. I have a 4gb 360. So I can't even use a flash drive? Is this true or just amazon being fools?

EDIT: http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall-xbox-installation-information/

It says the same thing on this ea link. WOOOOWWWW, soooo dumb.

Titanfall was the wrong game to showcase why one should get an XBox One. The 360 version looks and plays the exact same, only a technical advantage on XBox One (only resolution, it doesn't even look like the XBone has a framerate advantage due to consistency issues). Current gen has got to be more than just slightly better graphics, this generation is disappointing me.

Makes me upset I can't play this game without buying a Microsoft system or supping up my Mac for the inevitable Asphyr port because of a stupid exclusivity deal.

Gestault

This is what it says on Amazon. I have a 4gb 360. So I can't even use a flash drive? Is this true or just amazon being fools?

The mandatory installs for games like GTA V could totally use a flash drive. It sounds odd to me.

Edit: Dang, I saw your link to the EA support page on it. That's super unfortunate.

Alchemy

ya TF on 360/XB1 is quite similar to what we've been seeing in cross platform games but this is just going to get much more scrutinized just because it is the flagship xb1 game, youre right though the differences in these cross platform games have been framerate and fidelity. but unfortunately what some deem as a big difference others may say there is little difference because of the subjectivity.

Subjectivity in this case is extremely important though. I don't believe anyone was claiming that CoD: Ghosts, Assassins Creed IV, or Battlefield 4 were big games for any specific next gen system. They were just decent games to have to help build up each systems library, so no one was really too upset with how close the cross gen games were. Being multiplatform also redirected some focus to Xbone and PS4 comparisons more so than previous gen consoles.

TitanFall being paraded as the Xbox One's big system seller puts a lot more pressure (and fairly) to deliver a Next Gen experience. When it is apparently so easy to bring the game backwards to the 360, it causes a bit of concern over the necessity of upgrading to an Xbox One.

EvB

Are you calling out the Respawn dev as purposefully misleading everyone? I can only assume you have some insider knowledge about the contract with how you've worded this post.

Someone get on bish to verify so we get this moving forward.

It's not even that complicated.
A 5 second glance at the post history is enough to tell you how much of this user's posts you want to listen to.

EvB

I assume everyone likes games releasing once done instead of getting pushed out early?

Of course!

Haven't you read all the countless threads that talk about how much people like day one updates and large 1gb+ mandatory patches?
Everybody here loves that shit, ESPECIALLY when it's on Xbox One.

Where have you been?

TheMan

kentucky game tonight, titanfall tomorrow night, and maybe, just maybe, some sex in between. awww yeaaahhhh

It's not even that complicated.
A 5 second glance at the post history is enough to tell you how much of this user's posts you want to listen to.

Well I'd hope that if the poster is going to call out the dev, they'd have some form of solid insider knowledge and aren't just throwing out baseless accusations.

There's been more than enough of that with Mortimer...

GeeDuhb

EvB

Damn...Looks like I might have to go over to my parents and dig out my old HDD 360...If this is indeed true, they should definitely be displaying this more prominently.

You mean like on the front of the box with a large icon saying "Hard Drive Required" ?

71FoECYbU3L._SL1000_.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
You mean like on the front of the box with a large icon saying "Hard Drive Required" ?

I don't think your average user knows the difference between a flash drive and hard drive tbh. Most will expect this to work without any additional hardware add-ons out of the box.

It does also state that a HD is required on the back of box but its one of these asterick/fine print things. I personally wouldn't make a fuss about this...but I could see parents buying this for their kids getting upset. :\

I don't think your average user knows the difference between a flash drive and hard drive tbh. Most will expect this to work without any additional hardware add-ons out of the box.

It does also state that a HD is required on the back of box but its one of these asterick/fine print things. :\

Yea, I saw that logo on the box months ago, but I assumed that flash drives would work since that was the case with every other game, even gta v.

It does also state that a HD is required on the back of box but its one of these asterick/fine print things. :

They should have an audio message play when you pick up the case in store.

EvB

It does also state that a HD is required on the back of box but its one of these asterick/fine print things. :

They should probably have a flashing sign on the front that says this won't work on a GameCube too.

With a QR code link to an instructional video explaining how a GameCube and Xbox 360 are different.

but then you'd need some kind of clear messaging that stopped users mistaking the QR code for a magic eye picture.....

hah...have a stack of HDs right next to the Titanfall cases with a giant red arrow

Heh, I'd love to see this. Flashing lights and everything.

Seriously, a flash drive will probably work. It's probably just Amazon covering their asses. Out of interest, what does the GTA5 page say?

Seriously, a flash drive will probably work. It's probably just Amazon covering their asses. Out of interest, what does the GTA5 page say?

I didn't really notice anything on the gta page, but even EA's website shows that titanfall requirement.

EvB

it was EA's support site that says no flash drives.

This is probably because M$ are trying to get users to buy official HDDs or something, which in turn FORCES users to buy an Xbox One. Or something.

Yea, I saw that logo on the box months ago, but I assumed that flash drives would work since that was the case with every other game, even gta v.

the only one i heard it won't work with is Battlefield 4, is that true?

This is probably because M$ are trying to get users to buy official HDDs or something, which in turn FORCES users to buy an Xbox One. Or something.

lame, there is that other route of getting a specific WD laptop drive and flashing firmware onto the drive, don't know if that practice is frowned upon or not though.

Guys help me get something straight here:

The guy streaming Titanfall last night said that aside for the 1GB mandatory install you CANNOT install the game disk like a normal 360 game. That true? I really don't want to deal with how loud a 360 is running an uninstalled disk so if that's true I'll probably just get the digital version...

EvB

Guys help me get something straight here:

The guy streaming Titanfall last night said that aside for the 1GB mandatory install you CANNOT install the game disk like a normal 360 game. That true? I really don't want to deal with how loud a 360 is running an uninstalled disk so if that's true I'll probably just get the digital version...

If this is the case, I'd question if it will even be made available to download.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I believe BF4 required a hard drive, so yes it's likely this game does too. Especially with the icon on the cover.

Kolgar

I can't be sure--and I am probably wrong--but it looked to me as if they fixed the lip-syncing on your home-base peeps when they comm-link in about when your titan can drop.

If so, EL-OH-EL and job well done!

Regardless, watching these gameplay vids--holy shit. Bluepoint retained all of the game's frenetic action and it looks so smoooth compared to my chuggy laptop. The game's just visceral.

Thanks, Bluepoint, for saving me the cost of a PC upgrade!

Edit: Also, THEY'RE THERE! The fuckin' dinosaurs are still in Airfield! Hahaha, oh wow... Bluepoint, you pulled off a miracle! :D

I didn't really notice anything on the gta page, but even EA's website shows that titanfall requirement.

Well that really sucks. Wonder why it doesn't support flash drives when even GTA5 does.

It is an odd requirement though. The install amount isn't that large and I can't think of a reasonable reason why they demand you only use a hard drive.

EvB

Well that really sucks. Wonder why it doesn't support flash drives when even GTA5 does.

It is an odd requirement though. The install amount isn't that large and I can't think of a reasonable reason why they demand you only use a hard drive.

Perhaps the game working properly is really sensitive to the correct read/write speed.

In which case it may not be enforced, but certainly not supported or endorsed by EA.

Perhaps the game working properly is really sensitive to the correct read/write speed.

In which case it may not be enforced, but certainly not supported or endorsed by EA.

Huh, that's a good point. Out of interest, how does the game know if you're installing to a flash drive instead of an external hard drive or does it lock out all external storage access?

Well, they certainly were trying to draw attention away from this version. No previews or footage until release, no advertisement etc.

What's amusing is that people are trying to spin it to one of two extremes for... reasons. It's either:
A) They hid this version because it looks too close to the Xbone version or
B) They hid this version because it looks terrible

Looking at the finished product (through low res videos) it seems clear that neither of these two scenarios is the truth. Microsoft were just keeping the focus on the Xbone to try and drive sales for their new console. Which makes perfect sense. The Xbone version does look quite a bit better, but the 360 version is no trainwreck.

Ya.. I'd just imagine that they want the X1 version to be the go to one for consoles. Then come out a little later with a nice solid version for the 360.

I'm glad they did it this way. I have friends that wish Sony would of done the same with GT6. Make one version for the PS4 have that the lead, and then sell to the PS3 with those copies a month or so after. These companies want their now consoles to be what's hot.

EvB

Huh, that's a good point. Out of interest, how does the game know if you're installing to a flash drive instead of an external hard drive or does it lock out all external storage access?

When you install a game it asks you where to install it to, the machines knows which device is mass storage and which is an HDD/internal storage.

It could be that they just block installs of the game as they did with Crackdown or it refuses to let you install it to a non-hdd

Mesonak

Somebody will definitely need to confirm/deny the flash drive thing come tomorrow. A friend of mine is going to go ballistic.

Top Bottom