• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

gatti-man

The more I watch the worse it gets. Where did all the effects go? Pilot models look pretty bad too.

EDIT:

Ok honeslty guys those of you saying it looks close do you have an X1? Have you played this on a proper display? The game is obviously lesser looking in all ways. Its what I would expect from taking a source game and going from max to minimum settings.

Bgamer90

Banned
Game looks downright PSPish a lot of times.

Kind of agree. The game looked fine during the tutorial but my opinion quickly changed when seeing footage of an actual match.

But again, it's on the 360 -- a basically 10 year old console. Shouldn't be surprising.

Foshy

I think it's a bit hypocritical to say that's it's "pretty much the same" as the XB1 version when we thoroughly analyze every difference between PS4/XB1 multiplats. I'll agree on the fact that it's not a $500, generational-leap difference though, but that's more due to the fact that the XB1 version isn't very optimized either.

They implemented texture streaming methinks.
How do I know?
The second gameplay vid (offscreen) has better textures
The comparison pic posted above has blurry smudge at the same point.

Good to know I guess.

antitrop

The more I watch the worse it gets. Where did all the effects go? Pilot models look pretty bad too.

Yeah, with the effects missing it seems really sterile and clean. I think the effects add a lot to the overall aesthetic and chaos that the XB1/PC game pulls off so well.

I don't know if it's just the Twitch upload or not, but the framerate looks pretty bad coupled with the screen tearing.

If the screen tearing is just because it's a bad upload, then I understand why they delayed this version. It looks and plays similarly to the Xbox One version. I don't know why anybody's surprised though. Titanfall was never supposed to push consoles to their limit. I thought everybody was excited about its gameplay.

Edit: Or does the Xbox One version have this much screen tearing as well? I don't understand how console gamers can tolerate that. When I'm choosing whether to play it at 60 fps and stuttering like hell on PC or with an unlocked framerate and screen tearing, I choose stuttering like hell.

Bsigg12

Wow so i guess we know why it got delayed, that looks pretty damn close.

Eh, kinda. It's a well done port for sure but man it looks super muddy at times with a worse framerate. All that is expected considering it's on 9 year old hardware, I'm kind of excited to see DF's breakdown of the game.

SystemBug

oh man the game looks horrible. I guess it goes to show that the improvements Respawn made to the Source engine didn't pan out so well.

Rizsparky

After playing the game for quite a long time at 60fps on PC, I cant shake how choppy this looks. But awesome job with the port otherwise.

Sipheren

Banned
It looks a lot worse than the X1 version, no doubt it will not run as nice not being 60fps. Given the amount people that usually go on about IQ, FPS and res when the X1 and PS4 are compared I am surprised so many of you are all sweet with this.

If you are really into this type of game you will definitely want it on the PC or X1 for 60fps, isn't that worth a new console (or PC)?

I think it's a bit hypocritical to say that's it's "pretty much the same" as the XB1 version when we thoroughly analyze every difference between PS4/XB1 multiplats.

My thoughts exactly. Incomparably smaller differences between Xbox One and PS4 versions are often labeled as "huge".

That said, it looks decent for a 360 game, and if it plays as well as the other versions, people are in for a good time.

Tsundere

Banned
For the 360, it's "good enough", just as the Xbox One version is "good enough" compared to the PC version. Nobody should be disappointed, and thankfully since it's about gameplay and not graphics, they won't have to waste money on buying a new console, everyone wins.

RayMaker

Banned
Really? I think it looks very similar. Certainly not a generational leap. Most users probably won't notice any significant differences.

It's impossible to determine frame-rate from this video as well (since the video is limited to 30 fps). It's not as if it runs at a smooth 60 fps on XO.

Thats because its a cross gen game. It certainly a bigger difference then cod ghosts and about on par with BF4. The difference is very noticeable even casuals will notice it and rather play the X1/PC version.

daman824

Those textures look absolutely horrible. Like...the textures aren't amazing on the xb1 or pc version. But here on the 360 it looks terrible.

And all the missing effects....ouch.

The entire thing looks so sterile.

gatti-man

I disagree that this isn't worth buying an x1 over. If you like this game you WILL enjoy it more on PC or X1. The graphics im seeing here gimp the experience. It is not the same. Things feel flat and gives the effect of not really being there in the fight. That's what titanfall does so well on x1 and pc. The effects add grit and feeling. I wouldn't play this on 360 but that's why I sold that console a few years back.

Bricky

I went into this thread expecting meltdowngradatonhatefests, but it looks... decent. Not great, but what do you expect from a next-gen downport.

Nobody in the Call of Duty crowd will have problems about it looking the way it does at the moment, so all in all I'm just left wondering why they didn't show any footage earlier.

Foshy

If you are really into this type of game you will definitely want it on the PC or X1 for 60fps, isn't that worth a new console (or PC)?

The problem here is that the XB1 version isn't too great either in terms of performance. Lots of screen tearing and no stable 60 fps either. I couldn't really recommend a friend with a 360 to buy an XB1 + Titanfall for the "definitive experience" because it still has problems.

Bgamer90

Banned
For the 360, it's "good enough", just as the Xbox One version is "good enough" compared to the PC version. Nobody should be disappointed, and thankfully since it's about gameplay and not graphics, they won't have to waste money on buying a new console, everyone wins.

It's not just graphics though. The on foot gameplay based on the video is very slow/choppy and not just when there's a lot of action on the screen (i.e.: multiple titans).

Tsundere

Banned
It's not just graphics though. The on foot gameplay based on the video is very slow/choppy and not just when there's a lot of action on the screen (i.e.: multiple titans).

Performance on Xbox One with multiple Titans isn't great either. This is "good enough" for the 360.

impact

Banned
Is Titanfall Xbone 60 fps?

Titanfall_sub20fps_drops.png

Sipheren

Banned
The problem here is that the XB1 version isn't too great either in terms of performance. Lots of screen tearing and no stable 60 fps either. I couldn't really recommend a friend with a 360 to buy an XB1 + Titanfall for the "definitive experience" because it still has problems.

Yeah, the PC version is the same, tearing everywhere for some reason. I think that is actually some kind of bug that will be fixed.

Once that is fixed the X1 will still be much better than this simply for 60fps (I only get dips when more than 2 titans are on screen).

This is going to be when there is a lot of titans on screen, and if this makes the X1 shit itself imagine what ti will do to the 360 already trying to hit 30fps....

Bgamer90

Banned
Performance on Xbox One with multiple Titans isn't great either.

Never said it was. I said it was expected on the 360 due to it not being that good on the Xbox One.

My post mentioned on foot gameplay while in a match and there's definitely a difference between the two versions -- at least based on the video.

Kysen

All those saying it looks close to the X1 version need your eyes checked. Its choppy as fuck and missing loads of effects. In this case it seems MS made the right choice. The less seen of this version the better. Without the extra grunt to power past the poor engine(it isn't source anymore) the game is clearly struggling.

azhar

Banned
And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

You're nothing if not consistent. Really starting to approach a full-time job here.

On topic: Looks quite good for a XB360 game, though it seems to lack some of the effects you see on the XB1/PC version. Will need to wait for DF report though.

Tsundere

Banned
Never said it was. I said it was expected on the 360 due to it not being good on the Xbox One.

My post mentioned on foot gameplay while in a match and there's definitely a difference between the two versions -- at least based on the video.

Of course there is a difference, it's an 8 year old console versus a brand new one. And there is a difference between those two and PC as well, which varies depending on the setup.

BouncyFrag

Redbox it is then. I've never been able to get into fps multiplayer but will give this a go as I've heard its accessible for noobs like me.

Krakn3Dfx

A lot of the texturework is pretty nasty in comparison to the XB1 version, and the framerate clearly isn't there, but still, if you've only got a 360 to play this on, you're probably going to be pretty happy with how it looks and plays.

Does the 360 version use EA servers or the same MS servers as the XB1 version?

AFAIK, the XB1/360/PC versions all use Azure.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
All those saying it looks close to the X1 version need your eyes checked. Its choppy as fuck and missing loads of effects. In this case it seems MS made the right choice. The less seen of this version the better. Without the extra grunt to power past the poor engine(it isn't source anymore) the game is clearly struggling.

I'm willing to bet a ton of that in the vid was lag. You can see it get choppy as heck at the end before the server disconnects.

Does the 360 version use EA servers or the same MS servers as the XB1 version?

Top Bottom