• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

RulkezX

The beta page also says "Thank you for applying to the Titanfall Beta. You will be emailed by EA no later than 11:59 PM PST on Feb 17th if you have been selected to participate."

So the beta will last for a little while.

The leak from France now seems legit , so it's 14th-19th.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I thought about using another e-mail but decided against it in case there was some issues with IP checks. I have no idea if I made the right call or not (if I don't get in but people that signed up multiple times did I'll be kicking myself for not increasing my odds). Fingers crossed.
My wife, son and I all signed up from the same IP but with different names/ages/DOB/email addresses (obviously), hopefully that doesn't go against us!

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
I signed up with my email and my brother(which also has an XB1) asked me to sign up for him with his email. I feel like I screwed myself over because of this... I bet I wasted my whole day waiting around for beta signup just to screw myself over.

ekim

So everyone, even without an Xbox One, can register? That sucks... I can already see the beta codes getting sold on ebay. :(

GravyButt

Oh man I hope I get in on Friday, or at the latest Saturday. Im out of work with an injury and my wife is 8 month pregnant. She cancelled our usual Valentine day dinner of going out for sushi (she cant eat it being preggers) in favor of staying home and watching movies and eating ice cream haha. Plus, she has a bunch of baby shower stuff shes doing with his mother on Saturday, so basically im free all day to do what id like as far as gaming goes. Dont let me down!!

GravyButt

So everyone, even without an Xbox One, can register? That sucks... I can already see the beta codes getting sold on ebay. :(

Im thinking they are going to verify if you have one. When I registered last night I was logged into my Origin account already, and it asked for pc or xbox one. I got a feeling at least for the xbox one they are going to actually look up your info to make sure you have one. I mean, I think it makes sense, simply because the signup was monday night, and they arent supposedly sending out invites until friday. Thats a lengthy time to verify some stuff. Although I could be totally wrong.

Im thinking they are going to verify if you have one. When I registered last night I was logged into my Origin account already, and it asked for pc or xbox one. I got a feeling at least for the xbox one they are going to actually look up your info to make sure you have one. I mean, I think it makes sense, simply because the signup was monday night, and they arent supposedly sending out invites until friday. Thats a lengthy time to verify some stuff. Although I could be totally wrong.

What info? You only had to give them an email address plus date of birth. How do they know you have an Xbox with just that information?

RulkezX

Check how ?

The PC sign up required you to login , the X1 one didn't.

If they were going to do verification they would have asked. For our registered XBL email address.

Kydd BlaZe

Check how ?

The PC sign up required you to login , the X1 one didn't.

If they were going to do verification they would have asked. For our registered XBL email address.
Well...the email address that I provided is the one that is linked to my Microsoft account/gamertag. Not sure if that counts for anything.

Well...the email address that I provided is the one that is linked to my Microsoft account/gamertag. Not sure if that counts for anything.

Respawn has no way of knowing what your MS Account email address is for your GamerTag, they don't require you logged into your MS Account to apply, so there's no way for them to know, nor is there a reason they should know.

WizzNARD

Let me just say I had a great time waiting with everyone. I really hope we all get in and are able to play together soon! Good Luck!

Asd202

So I applyed for the beta on PC. But I don't really hope to get it. I never do get into the betas even when Hearthstone have had a almost open beta in December I didn't get a key lol.

Orca

[Well hopefully the system doesnt scan for IP's that submitted more than one beta form with different emails then add those emails to a blacklist.. I Feel like someone should make a thread telling people not to use multiple emails especially if your applying for the console or trying to jack chances up.

That would be pretty fucked up. I showed a couple guys here at work that it was up and they used my station to enter their emails. If I get locked out because I wanted to let people know about it that'd be pretty fucked up.

Hanmik

so it looks like media can spill the beans in about an hour..

But this guy was too fast..

4jWQ3UG.jpg

MdmeyZo.jpg

https://twitter.com/GAMEBoxpark

Bsigg12

I hope they send Xbox One codes out with QR codes and the 25 digit code in the email so I can just show the Kinect the QR code on my phone and get downloading asap.

B3N1

I hope they send Xbox One codes out with QR codes and the 25 digit code in the email so I can just show the Kinect the QR code on my phone and get downloading asap.

Can't you simply use an online text-to-QR converter? Then you can do the Kinect magic.

Burn Cards

The collectible cards in Titanfall, called Burn Cards, unlock as players level up. They'll grant players special, limited-use abilities, like the option to shave off 40 seconds from your titan's build time, to inflict extra damage in a titan or an experience multiplier. Players can also play Burn Cards for effects like faster running speed or an amped version of a weapon. Play with a particular weapon frequently, for example, and you might unlock an amplifier card that makes that weapon perform better.

Fukuda said Burn Cards were inspired by the desire to add some randomness to the game and partly the idea of Respawn's "Mackey" McCandlish, who he described as a big Magic the Gathering fan.

Burn Cards are also a measure that helps to level the playing field for all players, according to Emslie, not just seasoned Titanfall players.

"They really came out of trying to find a way to do power-ups in the game," Emslie said, "but not do it in a way where pro gamers could come in and dominated the environment, by knowing the exact way start a match, wreck everybody as fast as possible, get all the power-ups and griefing everyone."

Players will earn Burn Cards through gameplay, through successfully evacuating a level during Titanfall match epilogues, "rodeoing" a titan or hacking enemy AI units, among other challenges, Emslie said. They're collectible rewards earned through play, not purchasable through microtransactions.

"The goal is to make them feel collectible," Emslie said, likening them to "favors" from the upper echelons of factions in which players do battle in Titanfall.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/5403666/titanfall-beta-preview

I guess burn cards are the next evolution to unlocking perks, sort of.

Also gives a good reason to evac at the end of a battle then just afk or grenade yourself silly.

Delt31

killstreaks - in or not? Or undertermined? I really like KS and although some are burned from them I think they add a lot.

Top Bottom