• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta runs at native ’792p’ resolution on Xbox One, may increase with final

Hasney

If they can't optimise it to get a fully locked 60fps at that resolution, I'd rather they just dropped it to 720p.

CoG

The problem of the ONE is not its graphical power, but its memory system. DDR3 is a huge bottleneck and a lot of devs have stated that the ESRAM is not big enough to handle 1080p easily.

They can do all sorts of hacky things like render two planes, one in 1080p and one in 720p like background and foreground, but at the end of the day it's all hacks. The Xbone's architecture is sub-optimal for this gen and we'll see all sorts of weird concessions this generation.

It's 792p so they can claim, "greater than 720p"

Yes... Like 800p.

I can't believe people still have a problem with this. Ha ha ha.. .the new school gamer is so demanding. Who cares if the game has some of the best controls ever for a FPS console game and feels tight as hell.... and that the game is one of the most fun FPS titles to ever come to console..... But it's all about resolution now. Only this gen.

It's weird. I'm glad I'm easier to please. It would suck to play video games and constantly be rattled by the resolution.

Also good to see TitanFall have like 30 threads on it right now. Dat hype. No other game has that.

You do know that there is a huge difference between 1408x792 and 1920x800 right.

You do know that it's almost the same difference between 1920x1080 and 1920x800 in number of pixels, no?

Uh no, no it's not

1408 x 792 - 1,115,136 pixels [958,464 pixels less or 47% less pixels than 1080p]
1920 x 800 - 1,536,000 pixels [537,600 pixels less or 26% less pixels than 1080p]
1920 x 1080 - 2,073,600 pixels

The difference is almost twice as great for the 792p resolution but sure "almost the same"

hawk2025

Yes... Like 800p.

I can't believe people still have a problem with this. Ha ha ha.. .the new school gamer is so demanding. Who cares if the game has some of the best controls ever for a FPS console game and feels tight as hell.... and that the game is one of the most fun FPS titles to ever come to console..... But it's all about resolution now. Only this gen.

It's weird. I'm glad I'm easier to please. It would suck to play video games and constantly be rattled by the resolution.

Also good to see TitanFall have like 30 threads on it right now. Dat hype. No other game has that.

Everyone cares about that.

We also care about resolution. This false dichotomy needs to go.

Isnt this game coming out in early March? Come on Abbie, dont lie to people about upping the resolution. That aint happening. This game needs to go gold in about a week if it is shipping in early March.

prwxv3

They really do need to just say its 720p and focus on the framerate and gameplay. Stop fighting a loosing battle with resolution.

Xater

Isnt this game coming out in early March? Come on Abbie, dont lie to people about upping the resolution. That aint happening. This game needs to go gold in about a week if it is shipping in early March.

That time frame sounds about right. South park just went gold and that comes out a week earlier.

Beardz

Talking about gameplay and stuff like that (not res or textures), what are the differences between the 360 and Xbone?

537600 vs 420864.

Eh..... Your perceptions are flawed.

Uh no, no it's not

1408 x 792 - 1,115,136 pixels [958,464 pixels less or 47% less pixels than 1080p]
1920 x 800 - 1,536,000 pixels [537,600 pixels less or 26% less pixels than 1080p]
1920 x 1080 - 2,073,600 pixels

The difference is almost twice as great for the 792p resolution but sure "almost the same"

SwiftDeath beat me to it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yes... Like 800p.

It should be expected this early on. These are new consoles, with shiny new tech. Each new first party game brings us what everyone hopes to be windows into how good these new games can look.

Daingurse

If I ever get an Xbox 1, I'm just going to use my 1360x768 TV and bypass a lot of this bullshit. Still will have to upscale 720p games a bit, but I'm hoping 900p will become the standard on that platform.

So she claims there's a possibility rise the resolution to 900p in 15 days? Lol.

Considering the beta build is a few weeks old at this point, I'd saw it's possible. It's pretty typical for a game to make a separate branch, then stabilize that and get that through cert, while the big changes go into the main branch for the final game. The build we're getting was almost certainly branched in January.

I'm glad they're focusing on 60fps. For this type of fast paced game, that's key.

I'm almost on the fence of buying a new computer just for this game along with a 1440p monitor. It will look glorious that way. It's going to depend on how well my current 4-5 year old machine can run it (and I'm expecting not well).

shit would hit the fan if the 360 version hits 720P

There's a whole lot more to image quality than resolution. Higher polygon count for models, higher resolution textures, more SFX/particles, fancier VFX like SSAO etc (not sure if they're using that, just an example).

Piggus

Yes... Like 800p.

No, people just have reasonable standards and expectations for a $500 console in 2014... Standards that are clearly not being met (yet they're being met by the one that's $100 cheaper. Go figure.)

If they can't optimise it to get a fully locked 60fps at that resolution, I'd rather they just dropped it to 720p.

Fuck it man, how about 480p just to be sure? ;)

This was always a PC purchase for me anyway so I couldn't care less but it would be funny if the 360 version is 720 as well.

Game looks a heck of a lot of fun regardless.

Pathetic that a $500 console can't run a Source game at 1080p. Game looks ugly enough, the engine is easy as hell to run and apparently the game doesn't even hold 60? I'd be pissed off if I bought an Xbone right now.

Top Bottom