• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta runs at native ’792p’ resolution on Xbox One, may increase with final

I'm actually ok with 900p at 60 frames. I guess I'm gonna have to be. Ryse looked fantastic. Never could notice the resolution difference.

daman824

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I kinda am. How much more powerful is the One when compared to the 360?
It's a generational lead. About 7 times more raw gpu power and 16 times more ram.

Respawns a small team. And the small esram pool is probably giving them a bit of trouble. With a bit more time they could probably get it up to 900p. But their focus seems to have been on gameplay for their first game.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What a "Hey, it aint 720p" resolution.
If you watch and read the interviews, you can tell they're all on the same page. I think there's a company wide mandate that the term "720p" not be uttered.

But 792 is so... random.

MercuryLS

Banned
It's sad that Xbox One can't maintain 1080p for so many games. MS's "broad entertainment play" really hobbled this system.

Anion

If this gets to 900p, I'd be happy.
If it doesn't, I hope the gameplay makes me not notice the sub 900p resolution

bombshell

This is the Xbox One showcase?

Major Nelson, what happened to 1080p on Xbox One? (Just like you made fun of PS3 not able to handle 1080p years ago.)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They should put some black borders around it and render at 1080p, I heard that's perfectly ok and full HD.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Microsoft: Will it be 1080p/60fps?
Dev A: We're thinking 720p.
Microsoft: Can you get higher?

*Dev A gets back to tinkering*

Dev A: I got it running at 791p.
Microsoft: Can you do better?
Dev A: 792p?!
Microsoft: Great!

CCIE

Banned
Wow, the XB1 really can't do native 1080p very well... very, very disappointing. Think I'm in for the PC version of this game. Can't wait to see what the 360 version runs at.

geordiemp

Eurogamer

But while most of its technical design is built to typically hold at 60fps, it's a little disappointing to find most Titan-on-Titan action gets a bit choppy once the missiles start flying. For those interested, Digital Foundry will be covering this in greater depth in the coming days.

At this point they'd be better off bringing the resolution back down to 720p and the locking the framerate at 60 fps.

Krakn3Dfx

You realize you will see every game in 1080p as your output right?

run%2Bfor%2Byour%2Blife.gif

Sanic

Wouldn't the game be going gold in the next week or so?

I don't see how they can't know, right now, what the final resolution will be. I don't want to speak to their specific situation, but pulling out a nearly 14% jump in resolution during the final weeks of development (assuming a launch day patch) would be impressive.

daman824

This is the Xbox One showcase?

Major Nelson, what happened to 1080p on Xbox One? (Just like you made fun of PS3 not able to handle 1080p years ago.)
Nah, Ryse is the graphical showcase for the xb1. Halo and gears will also look phenominal no doubt.

Titanfall has never been hyped up as a graphical showcase. It has been hyped up as an amazing game that will be the next big thing. And after the mid 60's metascore ghosts and bug infested bf4, I bet it will be.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I kinda am. How much more powerful is the One when compared to the 360?

Including the Power of the Cloud? It is 10 times more powerful than the 360 WITHOUT the power of the cloud. If you include the cloud, it is anywhere between 40 times more powerful and endlessly more powerful,at least according to Jeff Henshaw, Xbox group manager of Incubation and Prototyping. It is far to impossible to calculate with the infinite power of the cloud.

Nice. Crazy to think the build isn't final a month out though.

The build is probably old just like the alpha was. Whenever stuff like this is released (in a non-early access situation) it is rarely an accurate representation of where the devs are actually at in production. These things (specifically on console) need to be locked, stable, and certified long before they're released to the masses.

see5harp

I was sure this was going to run at 720p same as BF4. I don't feel like it'll matter assuming the framerate is solid and the game is fun.

Well I was planning to get the PC version as I'm not getting an Xbone until the first price drop or when DA:I comes out, whichever is first.

I hope that the PC version isn't gimped like the recent Modern Warfare games were and it supports more players online.

At this point they'd be better off bringing the resolution back down to 720p and the locking the framerate at 60 fps.

Why would they be talking about increasing the resolution to 900p then? The current build (post-beta) must be performing even better if they are considering a higher res.

marrec

Banned
This HAS to be extremely close to the final build right? Unless the beta they've released is months old. No way they can raise the resolution to near 900p a month out.

cakely

Love it. :)

Top Bottom