• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL Collector's Edition revealed

DeltaJay

Banned
Look at the size of that thing. I'm thinking based on limited availability and game success, that someone would pay a lot more than $250 for a mint condition of that item. I might consider getting it.

I think a lot of people would have preferred for them to have announced the special edition post-nextgen launch, sometime in January. Too many cash strapped younguns right now.

For perspective, Kotaku just posted about this Mikasa action figure.

kOwKj5H.jpg

Price? $240

This Kotobukiya Joker statue?

Normally retails for $130 and it's half the height.

I'm sure as hell not buying this thing because I don't really care about statues, but I am aware of how much they tend to retail. Don't forget it comes with a game and a hardcover book too.

Derpcrawler

Yeah, it was also really off-putting when they launched Dead Space alongside toys, comic books and a friggin' movie. I've still never played Dead Space as a result.

You missing out on one of the best horror games this generation, my friend. Also I remember the movie actually being pretty entertaining to watch.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm getting the Batman Arkham Origins and that has more content than this overprice thing they called a collector edition and it's only $120.

The statue in the Batman collector edition is made by Triforce so it's pretty damn high quality.

This one better be made out of gold or be controllable to be worth that price.

HariKari

Normally retails for $130 and it's half the height.

I'm sure as hell not buying this thing because I don't really care about statues, but I am aware of how much they tend to retail. Don't forget it comes with a game and a hardcover book too.

We need to go deeper.

creaver.jpg

How about a 16" unpainted, unassembled, no lights Reaver Titan from Forgeworld? That'll be about $700 my friend

What a dick.

A collector's editon WITHOUT an extra map or other piece of DLC? For an online FPS for crying out loud?

imokaywiththis.jpg

*Sees Price*

Well, nevermind.

(Although people really underestimate how expensive a good quality statue is)

The stuff from sideshow that's the same size is generally around 300+ without all the shit this comes with+ game

I don't have great confidence this statue is going to be good quality based on my experience with these sized collectibles

I like to indulge myself with CEs such as this, but this one, at $250, is simply too expensive. Only crazier people than myself will jump on this.

I would probably get it but I don't like deposits.
In their defense it allows them to know how many to make. Best of both worlds, everyone who wants one can get one, but it still has that veneer of exclusivity.

edit. Also remember when Valve did those $245 TF2 statues and most people were totally cool with it?

jayu26

You know the 18 inch statue with over 300 moving parts and led lights could be worth it. But this is certainly not for me. I will just buy the regular PC edition.

As someone who's a collector of 1/6th scale figures and statues - a 1/4th scale statue with LED functionality would on its own go for a good $150+. The price isn't bad for what you're getting at all! If you don't give a shit about the statue though, I can understand the outrage or not wanting to pay it but that's a damn good price, IMO for that monster. If you're interested in the game at that level.

Omega

Banned
lol

Just put it into perspective, here what $250 can get you

- Titanfall LE
- 5 years subscription of Live/PS+
- 3DS + 2 games
- Vita + 1 games
- 20 Chinese buffet

5 years of XBL costs $300

this is such a stupid way of looking at things. Your money could always be spent "better" and saying X is a waste of money and better spent on Y is just dumb.

I wouldn't even take a Vita for free, which I've been offered. I have to pay $250 for the right to play my games that I already paid $60 for? No thanks.

Only thing you listed worth getting is a 3DS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guys, Andrew Reiner is from Game Informer. It's not like he's from Respawn or something.

K.Sabot

Boy would I love to own a statue of a game franchise that doesn't exist and has minimal focus on characters or story.

border

Guys, Andrew Reiner is from Game Informer. It's not like he's from Respawn or something.

It's still super irritating to see members of the press immediately jumping to the defense of a publisher's stupid decision, and being totally dismissive and snarky to his actual audience.

Boy would I love to own a statue of a game franchise that doesn't exist and has minimal focus on characters or story.

That's the other problem.:) Understandable for folks to balk at the price when they have no vested interest in the game or its world yet.

Admittedly, my first thought was dayum, i need dat, looks cool.
Then I saw the price... unless they have cash to burn, no one in their right mind would pay $250 for that. No one.

Top Bottom