• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall has gone gold!

Milennia

The wait for this game is killing me. Just release it!

I wonder what the launch event in Austin is going to be like, I'm excited :D

Im done with other shooters until this releases, I'm having too much trouble playing them when i want to be playing this game.

I wish they did what Nintendo did with Wind Waker because in a digital age when a game goes gold you should be able to download it. Why should we wait for people who want disc based games?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Yeah, i'm doing my best to try and get there. Hopefully I can make it, would be cool to see the dev team, Major, and Keighley in person.

I wish they did what Nintendo did with Wind Waker because in a digital age when a game goes gold you should be able to download it. Why should we wait for people who want disc based games?

That was a special occasion, especially since it's not really a new game. Plus, it was only single player, if you have people downloading Titanfall early, it would cannibalize the retail sales because everyone will want to get in.

BraXzy

Yeah, i'm doing my best to try and get there. Hopefully I can make it, would be cool to see the dev team, Major, and Keighley in person.

I was lucky enough to win a trip there so I'll hopefully get to at least meet a few people from Respawn :)

It's a shame they just didn't let the beta run to release because I'd still be on it now. Those two maps were enough for me and would have been for awhile. Having a tonne more with more modes and equipment at launch is gonna be beautiful.

antitrop

Im done with other shooters until this releases, I'm having too much trouble playing them when i want to be playing this game.

I haven't played another MP FPS since the Beta ended. Can't do it, don't want to do it.

I'm just going to grind out the new Diablo III patch until the 11th, I guess.

antitrop

I can't wait for the OT who's making it? And I wish that person would release it now :(

Should go up in 2 days! TheOddOne makes great OTs, and he's already shown off a small preview of the Titanfall OT (can't remember which thread anymore, but you should be able to find it in his post history). Should be a good one.

E92 M3

I can't wait for the OT who's making it? And I wish that person would release it now :(

Yeah - very excited for the OT. Should be a nice home for a while. I'm putting so much into this game I truly hope it succeeds (even though the beta was fucking great).

Also, like others, I can't play any other FPS after TF. Fortunately, I have Fire Emblem and Dark Souls to keep me occupied.

Man, I really need this game. Getting the fever now. That damn Xbox bundle is sooo tempting. :/

Here is some e-peer pressure to do it.

BraXzy

Man, I really need this game. Getting the fever now. That damn Xbox bundle is sooo tempting. :/

Do it. Look how pretty the ad for it looks. You can't not buy it. Pressure! PRESSURREE!

a6609f9b94e598ce1fe23e374c4bffcb.png

Yuripaw

Banned
I didn't wanna make a new post anywhere, but does anyone know where the best deal to order the PC version is? Like I've gone to my usual sites, like gmg, but the current 20% off coupon doesn't seem to work on titanfall there.

GravyButt

So I just got a phone call from a local ma and pa store that I usually shop at. They told me they were supposed to be getting this game in delivery on Wednesday, at the latest Thursday. Really debating if I should pick it up. Thing is, they are charging $15 more for it on the xbox one, not really sure why, but I think its because they know how hyped it is.

Anyway that leads me to my question, should I just get it at gamestop, where I have a $50 gift card already and wait until the actual release day? I fear that if I get it early, I will play it (mostly with devs and reviewers) and then get all my stats reset on the 11th, which would obviously upset me haha. What would you guys do? Also, who knows for certain if the servers will even be up!?

E92 M3

So I just got a phone call from a local ma and pa store that I usually shop at. They told me they were supposed to be getting this game in delivery on Wednesday, at the latest Thursday. Really debating if I should pick it up. Thing is, they are charging $15 more for it on the xbox one, not really sure why, but I think its because they know how hyped it is.

Anyway that leads me to my question, should I just get it at gamestop, where I have a $50 gift card already and wait until the actual release day? I fear that if I get it early, I will play it (mostly with devs and reviewers) and then get all my stats reset on the 11th, which would obviously upset me haha. What would you guys do? Also, who knows for certain if the servers will even be up!?

Well, if the servers are turned on and functioning I'd get it. Secondly, you might get flagged by MS - and when you try to disprove you'd have to show them the receipt and that will show the store you got it from. Which might all lead to a fine. Obviously, I may be overthinking, but there have been cases where people were banned for playing a big profile game early.

GravyButt

Ya good point I didnt think of that. The last thing I want to do is get these folks in trouble. Good people, and only break street dates for certain customers. More I think of it, getting the game for $12 after tax and gift card sounds much better than $77 after their price increase and tax. Desperate, but I can wait the few days I suppose haha

Top Bottom