• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall has gone gold!

Russ-Troll.gif

Nice, must feel good for them.

Fairly excited for the game, too. Really pleased with the beta on X1... Familiar, but a lot of new twists to get me into a shooting game.

I was hoping that Respawn would have said the XB1 resolution already. As they have shown, the game is gold now so they know the resolution that the game is at on that disc.Is it possible they are doing a patch to make it better on launch day? Yes, but they can at least say what it officially is now and explain they are patching it if that's the case. The more they continue to play it this close to the vest it makes me really weary of what is going to come out of this. I know the community manager made a comment but I think everyone has lost count of how many times that a CM/PR person has given wrong/misleading statements only to later say the opposite.

KOHIPEET

I was hoping that Respawn would have said the XB1 resolution already. As they have shown, the game is gold now so they know the resolution that the game is at on that disc.Is it possible they are doing a patch to make it better on launch day? Yes, but they can at least say what it officially is now and explain they are patching it if that's the case. The more they continue to play it this close to the vest it makes me really weary of what is going to come out of this. I know the community manager made a comment but I think everyone has lost count of how many times that a CM/PR person has given wrong/misleading statements only to later say the opposite.

Well a day one patch can be a reason for them not telling it yet. It's an MP only game so X1 users won't be even able to launch it without a patch, so if this indeed is the case, then the resolution of the game on the disc is completely irrelevant.

Does this make any sense?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Can't wait for this, wish I could pre-order a digital version on the Xbox.

yup. rather silly that this isnt in place. actually, it might be in place (see marketplace pic posted several days ago), but they just wont do it to "support their retail partners" or some such shit.

oh well, in all likelihood i wont get to play until the late afternoon or evening on launch day and by then it should be installed or downloaded.

Well a day one patch can be a reason for them not telling it yet. It's an MP only game so X1 users won't be even able to launch it without a patch, so if this indeed is the case, then the resolution of the game on the disc is completely irrelevant.

Does this make any sense?

That makes sense but I remember that IW came out and said the PS4 version of Ghosts was 900p on the disc and was getting a Day 1 patch to up it to 1080p. The same with ACIV. I just wonder why Respawn can't do the same thing. It's their game so they can handle it however they want but not making a firm statement and being vague isn't going to make anyone feel very confident. If they think that waiting until after release to make any official comment is a smart move then they are wrong. That would be the completely wrong thing for them to do.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That makes sense but I remember that IW came out and said the PS4 version of Ghosts was 900p on the disc and was getting a Day 1 patch to up it to 1080p. The same with ACIV. I just wonder why Respawn can't do the same thing. It's their game so they can handle it however they want but not making a firm statement and being vague isn't going to make anyone feel very confident. If they think that waiting until after release to make any official comment is a smart move then they are wrong. That would be the completely wrong thing for them to do.

while i too am curious what the final resolution will be (mainly to see cboat fall-out), is any ones purchase really dependant on what it is? are there really people that would pass up a game because its 720p/792p/900p as opposed to 1080p? i'd hope not, but if so those people probably bought the wrong console.

while i too am curious what the final resolution will be (mainly to see cboat fall-out), is any ones purchase really dependant on what it is? are there really people that would pass up a game because its 720p/792p/900p as opposed to 1080p? i'd hope not, but if so those people probably bought the wrong console.

I just want to know what it is to get it out of the way. I'm keeping my pre-order so it's more to just get the question answered and done with. To me, the longer they don't say anything it just makes any possible negative fallout that much worse.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Nice, congrats to Respawn!

I'm not buying it at launch myself. I'm considering getting it for the PC but this is an EA game afterall, and well their track record has not been great for some time now. So I'm waiting to see how the launch goes, to see how many maps they actually release, waiting to see what is DLC and what comes with the game.

If launch goes well and people are having a great experience, and if the DLC isn't overdone, then I may be buying Titanfall, as it does look awesome at a first glance. I'm just way to skeptical of EA as a company anymore to be an early adopter of any of their games. I guess I'm jaded or something.

Here's to hoping that it's as awesome a game as it appears to be right now!

danwarb

Since when do developers tell us the exact resolution of console games in response to console warrior nonsense? Play the game, count the pixels. Rate it poorly for visuals if you don't like the was it looks on console.

Thanks gents. That kinda sucks. This is supposed to be a big game thought they would have wanted a worldwide launch.

TBH I'm glad its staggered instead of just opening the floodgates at the same time, even though hopefully its Azure and not EA's own legendary servers.

Falifax

How´s this going to work for us Europeans that buy from US marketplace? Able to buy and download, but not play as the servers are not yet up?

I guess you will have to VPN it, but I don't know if EA is ok with this kind of thing.

EDIT: Oh, you are probably talking about the Xbox version. Nevermind.

ekim

How´s this going to work for us Europeans that buy from US marketplace? Able to buy and download, but not play as the servers are not yet up?

Should be fine I guess. You can choose the datacenter in the main menu. (At least in the Beta you were able too)

Since when do developers tell us the exact resolution of console games in response to console warrior nonsense? Play the game, count the pixels. Rate it poorly for visuals if you don't like the was it looks on console.

They never tell us that info these days. Except when they did for Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Need For Speed: Rivals, NBA 2K14, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Thief, Titanfall (Beta), Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, FIFA 14, EA UFC, Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Order 1886, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadowfall, etc., etc.

Wizman23

Banned

Who cares? The only people that care about the resolution are the console warriors so they can start another pissing match. The Alpha/Beta were so much fun that I wouldn't care if Titanfall ran at 480P

TBH I'm glad its staggered instead of just opening the floodgates at the same time, even though hopefully its Azure and not EA's own legendary servers.

Same. I already foresee server issues... i guess it's to be expected. I "think" Respawn has said that they're using Azure servers... but with EA who knows what's happened since then.

Top Bottom