• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall leaks, ho! 9 in-game map images, general info + "monster"

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Also, I've tried to get the map names right but ones I'm unsure about or don't know are marked with ???'s. If anybody can put them together, let me know.

I would guess:

Nexus
Colony (from different angle)
Relic

The zipline picture is the Overlook map.

Lunzio

Ugly monsters, but the more out there about this game, the better.

Pretty ridiculous that this has to "leak" though. We should know more.

E92 M3

I didn't read any of the thread, but came in to say that the "monster" part was a bit spoilerish. Yes, it's an FPS, but I am trying to be as blind as possible since the beta :(

The Cowboy

The campaign matches sound interesting.

There are 9 campaign matches, and you can play from each side, IMC and Militia. The matches consist of 5 Attrition & 4 Hardpoint games. Picking each side results in different pre-match briefings and chatter during the battles. There are some surprises which will keep things different from the traditional multiplayer experience.

RoKKeR

Quote about campaign multiplayer:

Without spoiling any story details, there are 9 campaign matches, and you can play from each side, IMC and Militia. The matches consist of 5 Attrition & 4 Hardpoint games. Picking each side results in different pre-match briefings and chatter during the battles. There are some surprises which will keep things different from the traditional multiplayer experience.

I would guess:

Nexus
Smuggler's Cove
Relic

The zipline picture is the Overlook map.
Alright thanks, I'll update the OP!

RazorUK

Alright thanks, I'll update the OP!

My bad, the 'Smuggler's Cove' picture is actually a different shot of the 'Colony' map.

There are 5 other modes RazorUK found?

Need to go back to the older thread.

There were 5 others but they weren't finished and not ready to be shipped.

I wish there was something else besides a new plate to show off that you're in a new generation. :(

You do get increased experience rate but that was the only thing I could find.

Damn those images look awesome, especially Lagoon.

What information has been known about Titanfall? I haven't been following the game at all until about a week or two ago and I'm impressed.

BraXzy

Reposting thing from an old thread because I doubt many people saw. These are from the art book preview by IGN here: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/02/18...ore-about-the-games-maps-weapons-and-monsters

Creatures

unaax95.jpg
KSF2vzm.jpg

Airbase

Boneyard

Colony

Demeter

Lagoon

Nexus

Outpost 207

Overlook

Bonus Pic - IMC Bomber

jtar86

I think I remember Jeff from giantbomb saying they were going to wait until release to go all out on info on the game. Something about wanting people to see everything in the game and be able to go out and buy it right away.

BraXzy

I hate that prestige crap. Disappointed they brought it with them.

Why? It's an optional thing that has no affect on gameplay and allows people who have maxed out to start over and gain the ability to do challenges again so playing is more satisfying.

The Cowboy

I hate that prestige crap. Disappointed they brought it with them.
Why would you be disappointed in an entirely optional non game balancing feature?. its one of those if you don't like it don't do it options that has no effect on gameplay - its basically for completionists who like to max everything and It has no gameplay.

I for 1 won't be using it, but I have no issue with it being in the game for those that want to max level.

RazorUK

I assume this is taken from the final build? What's strange is the:

Warning! You will lose all that you have unlocked and be reset to level 1. All Challenges will be reset. However, you will earn XP at an accelerated rate of [XP RATE] as a [NEXT GEN NUMERIC] gen Pilot. You will retain your Burn Card collection, and the Ogre and Stryder Titans if you unlocked them. You will get a unique chip indicating to others your Gen status.

The message I leaked last week (quoted above) mentioned not losing the Ogre and Stryder Titans. The message in the picture from the first post does not include that line now... odd.

Pic from first post: http://imgur.com/G5Owq6M.jpg

Milennia

I assume this is taken from the final release game? What's strange is the:

The message I leaked last week (quoted above) mentioned not losing the Ogre and Stryder Titans. The message in the picture does not include that line now... odd.

If you have to replay the campaign to get them again... Thats some shit.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
That single screen of Outpost 207 reminds me of one of the maps from Killzone 2.

That IGN UK look at the misters in the art book was awesome. They have got to be seen in map and not just outside of the map... i'd bet they even interact with the players. Or do we think there might be a "monster mode" sort of like Zombies? They spent that much time and detail... they have to be in game. *crossing fingers*

antitrop

That IGN UK look at the misters in the art book was awesome. They have got to be seen in map and not just outside of the map... i'd bet they even interact with the players. Or do we think there might be a "monster mode" sort of like Zombies? They spent that much time and detail... they have to be in game. *crossing fingers*

Well, we know that the Bird monsters on Boneyard will swoop down and interact with the players. They're like mechanical vultures. Don't know about the others.

BD1

Banned
Monster battle mode has to happen eventually. Maybe its a hidden mode, DLC or Titanfall 2. Gotta happen.

Well, we know that the Bird monsters on Boneyard will swoop down and interact with the players. Don't know about the others.

Yeah that got me thinking... they have got to incorporate more of that! Such a cool idea and it goes so well with the whole developing new worlds thing. The one guy in the IGN vid had a neat observation... he said it has a very Aliens vibe... i really think it does. And Avatar... i forgot about that! Some big similarities even down to the Titans.

Top Bottom