• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The game doesn't seem well optimized on PC. I have two GTX 460 GPUs and I can't seem to get a stable framerate except at mediocre settings. Is it just me?

It's not. I have 2 GTX 760 SLI and the game won't even run smoothly with the Geforce Experience recommended settings.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just got to Gen 7. The regen requirements all seem pretty easy. Should be a quick gen.

It was for me. Generation 7 was refreshing gen compared to the ones before it. I'm on Generation 8 now (just got to it yesterday but haven't actually played as a gen 8 yet) and, from what I know about the regen requirements for gen 8, I will probably be generation 8 for a bit longer.

Generation 6 sucked though. The Brain Surgeon challenges in particular.

It was for me. Generation 7 was refreshing gen compared to the ones before it. I'm on Generation 8 now (just got to it yesterday but haven't actually played as a gen 8 yet) and, from what I know about the regen requirements for gen 8, I will probably be generation 8 for a bit longer.

Only because of the "win 100 games." I've already hit level 50 on gen 8 playing 30 games and winning 24 of them, so it's going to be quite awhile to move onto gen 9. It's nothing hard, though.

Dropping your titan on x amount of enemies could potentially be a pain, but I'm pretty sure dropping them on bots counts towards the challenge, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Better than new content or other improvements? We defanged Gooser but there hasn't been the same level of outcry about the other regen requirements. There are some players that enjoy them, so I think the real issue is the lack of alternatives for players that don't enjoy them.

Can you guys PLEASE get a hold of BluePoint and get them to change Gooser on the 360 to 5 kills as well? It's still 50 there and the private matches STILL aren't up even though they say they put it live a few days ago.

Loving the game and the regen requirements, but Gooser is just a tad bit too time consuming for me. :p

Brain Surgeon is terrible. I dislike it more than Gooser. Gooser is actually challenging since it takes skill to complete. Brian Surgeon is pure luck. If a pilot gets out of the titan before you kill it then you don't get a rodeo kill. Instead its a kill with the weapon used. It also doesn't seem like it counts when you do it to a auto titan.

Roflobear

Does anyone else wish Titanfall 2 will have a more robust Titan melee system? Like with counters and combos. Or at least a core ability where your Titan goes berserk and starts swinging like crazy. I think that'd be the coolest thing

If a pilot gets out of the titan before you kill it then you don't get a rodeo kill. Instead its a kill with the weapon used. It also doesn't seem like it counts when you do it to a auto titan.

I'm pretty sure it counts in both those scenarios. The only way it doesn't count is if you doom a Titan, hop off, then someone else damages the Titan in any way before it explodes. I think one time I got screwed over by my own auto-Titan when I doomed an enemy auto-Titan, jumped off, then had my Titan melee and execute it. Can't remember if it counted or not but I don't think it did

Kydd BlaZe

I'm pretty sure it counts in both those scenarios. The only way it doesn't count is if you doom a Titan, hop off, then someone else damages the Titan in any way before it explodes. I think one time I got screwed over by my own auto-Titan when I doomed an enemy auto-Titan, jumped off, then had my Titan melee and execute it. Can't remember if it counted or not but I don't think it did
Yeah, I actually just finished that challenge earlier today. It works exactly as stated here. You have to stay on the titan and keep shooting it even while it goes into its doomed state. This challenge also becomes a bit easier once you unlock the Spitfire LMG.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Got outnumbered 2 to 1 in a Titan fight, and ended up winning thanks to them both thinking the other was me in a mist of electric smoke. Finished them both with a cluster missile and a couple arc cannon shots while they were Titan punching each other, lol.

Yeah, I actually just finished that challenge earlier today. It works exactly as stated here. You have to stay on the titan and keep shooting it even while it goes into its doomed state. This challenge also becomes a bit easier once you unlock the Spitfire LMG.

I've done that quite a bit and I only get credit when a pilot is inside of it. When its on auto titan I get a username [lmg] auto titan for the kill. Instead of saying [rodeo]

TrueGrime

Got outnumbered 2 to 1 in a Titan fight, and ended up winning thanks to them both thinking the other was me in a mist of electric smoke. Finished them both with a cluster missile and a couple arc cannon shots while they were Titan punching each other, lol.

Glorious.

Roflobear

Holy shit that's hilarious. I wish you captured that lol

I've done that quite a bit and I only get credit when a pilot is inside of it. When its on auto titan I get a username [lmg] auto titan for the kill. Instead of saying [rodeo]

Ah ok I understand your confusion. What that obituary says doesn't indicate whether it counts or not. Just doom a Titan to completion and it'll count no matter what

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Only because of the "win 100 games." I've already hit level 50 on gen 8 playing 30 games and winning 24 of them, so it's going to be quite awhile to move onto gen 9. It's nothing hard, though.

Dropping your titan on x amount of enemies could potentially be a pain, but I'm pretty sure dropping them on bots counts towards the challenge, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Yeah, bots do count and the 100 wins is definitely the most time consuming of the lot. With that said, the Archer Titan kills challenge is gonna be annoying too. I got 2 out of the 10 so far (and while I'll obviously eventually get it, the Archer is just a very weak weapon in general).

Why does this game require 48 GB of free space?

This is going to take like 2 days to download on my shitty Australian connection. Digital future fucking sucks.

Roflobear

This guy's spastic dance moves had me laughing so hard:

iKQMw6B7gHDux.gif

He had me dead to rights. And what's the deal with the match trigger mod for the G2A4. It halves your clip size and I'm not sure what the benefit is...

Roflobear

It allows you to fire as quickly as you can pull the trigger. Without it, there's a set speed in which you can fire off rounds.

Oh ok that makes sense. I feel like that'd be a great mod if you're playing on PC since you can click a mouse way faster than squeeze a controller's trigger.

Still my favorite shooter right now though.

Despite my bitching about the Gen Challenges, I am really loving this. I haven't been this into a shooter since CoD4. It has issues, but is is so fun and addictive. Getting close to Gen 4 and I didn't pick this up until it'd already been out a couple of weeks.

Jarmel

Banned
Either you get the Gen XP boost or you do the challenges. Honestly I would keep the challenges but since people are complaining about actually having to put in some work, give them the option.

tauke

i5 3570k, GTX 780 here. Game runs perfect at max settings for me as well.

I have a GTX 780 (vanilla 3GB) and i7 4770K OC to 4.5GHz and the game still randomly drop to 30-40fps. Although lately the game performance is much more stable compared to when the latest patch goes live.

Still anyone got tips for G4A2? I can't get a proper kill with it against pilot and sadly even a Hammond pistol has a shorter time to kill than the G4A2...

Roflobear

I have a GTX 780 (vanilla 3GB) and i7 4770K OC to 4.5GHz and the game still randomly drop to 30-40fps. Although lately the game performance is much more stable compared to when the latest patch goes live.

Still anyone got tips for G4A2? I can't get a proper kill with it against pilot and sadly even a Hammond pistol has a shorter time to kill than the G4A2...

Yea it's really hard to use on moving targets

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have just accepted that the PC version will never run at a level of performance I deem adequate. Even after fixing SLI, the game still runs like shit for me at 1080p.
At least you don't start matches 3 minutes after they start like I do.

Although lately it's been about 30 seconds to a minute I suppose.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have just accepted that the PC version will never run at a level of performance I deem adequate. Even after fixing SLI, the game still runs like shit for me at 1080p.

VRAM ended up being the big killer for me, so unless you've got a lot of VRAM I'd recommend trying to lower texture quality or shadow quality.

If texture quality is high enough and there wasn't enough VRAM, no matter what other settings were changed there wasn't a benefit.

Why does this game require 48 GB of free space?

This is going to take like 2 days to download on my shitty Australian connection. Digital future fucking sucks.

Uncompressed audio.

Also, it's 48gb extracted, not downloaded. download is about half the size.

There is so much bullshit in this game that gets my blood boiling.

The hit markers are so inconsistent that eounds don't register.

Getting shot around corners.

Getting shot through solid walls

Huge lunge with kicks or titan punch

My absolute fav, they miss their kick, have their back to me and magically kick me without facing me even though i pressed for melee

Getting hit around corners and lunging/delays on melees happens to me no matter what my ping is. (usually 40-60 West servers)

I've seen some funny stuff in killcams where a guy will spit out a regular titan punch, then get moved forward and switch to an execution. Or I'll already be in the eject animation and my pilot will pause and wait for the other guy to get adjusted and execute me. That happens to me a little more than half the time.

It isn't gamebreaking for me, I just need to adjust when I do things. I just wish I didn't have to use wireless. :/

You're right, but did the OG Xbox have triggers or buttons on the controller?
It was triggers. It was pretty easy to fire quickly since you had to just barely pull on them to shoot.
I'm also on wireless too. :lol
I'm not sure if going wired will fix my ping or not. I just know that my house's wiring is too compartmentalized to use powerline adapters. Since they only work on the same circuit, right?

Special C

You're right, but did the OG Xbox have triggers or buttons on the controller?

It was trigger, the way I fired it rapidly was tapping it super fast with the part of the finger closest to the hand, you had to move your whole hand instead of just the finger but with practice people got crazy fast rapid firing that thing. Not sure if that would work on the Xbox One and in Titanfall or not, I havent played with the gun long enough to unlock match trigger.

I still think a lot of frame rate issues seem to stem from the server as I have the in-game frame rate text on screen and it never wavers from 60fps when the game gets choppy.

I run at full settings other than shadows and I have dropped textures to high (I5 3570k @3.8GHz + GTX 670 2GB) and I don't have that many issues. Stuttering always seems like it is coming from the server rather than game engine.

I really wish I'd had Shadowplay running last night. I nuclear ejected from my Titan and took out several pilots, a Titan and some grunts. Whilst in the air I see a pilot on a roof so I landed next to him to melee him. Just as I go to do this he gets vapourised by a 40mm cannon. It looked so funny when up close to him.

Damnnnnnn. Just had an insane session. Must have been luck of the draw tonight. I not only started the charge rifle challenges but I also finished those fuckers by the end of the night along with completeting the rest of the gen 4 challenges + consistently topping the board on my team in attrition with 100+ points. That rapid fire mod on the quad rocket is so nasty, I might keep running it after this gen. Now just to hit 50!

tauke

Losing streak for today. Thanks matchmaking... well I should thank players who absolutely have no idea what they are doing.

MVP for nearly all the match and what I noticed is the weak players in my team just refuse to either kill enemy pilots or minions (was playing Attrition only since no one wants to play Hardpoint for SEA server). I hate to use vulgar words but those players are true dickhead. Zero pilot kill with maybe one Titan kill. Lucky if they can kill 5 minions...

Also G2A4 rifle is miserable for me. Can't wait to clear the challenge so I can swap it to CAR SMG. Often I swap my Hammond with other primary weapon I came across just so I can kill other pilots but it neglect the challenge progression so back to G2A4...

THRILLH0

Banned
People who bitch about team mates not being good enough are worse than the team mates themselves.

If people are blatantly ignoring objectives then yeah that's annoying but really, we're playing fucking videogames here. Who gives a shit if it's a W or an L on the screen.

HelloMeow

People who bitch about team mates not being good enough are worse than the team mates themselves.

If people are blatantly ignoring objectives then yeah that's annoying but really, we're playing fucking videogames here. Who gives a shit if it's a W or an L on the screen.

In the end, it doesn't matter, but one of the main goals of playing a game is to win.

In the grand scheme of the universe it does not matter. But I play games to forget about life for 30 minutes-or-so and I like to be competitive when I do play.

I never have a go at players as everyone has a bad game, could be new to the game etc but sometimes you have to wonder what some people are up to.

Last night we lost our attrition match by 6 points. I scored 118 of those points and someone in our team had 0 pilot kills, 0 titan kills and 13 deaths although he did have a fair few grunt kills which obviously count to the score. You still have to wonder what they were up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom