• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall PC: Pilot Hunter/CTF gone as separate modes: "not widely used, long waits"

TF2 hasn't even removed Territory Control at this point, and that's probably more dead than these modes.

I just don't think features should be removed from multiplayer games even if they are underused.

TF2 hasn't even removed Territory Control at this point, and that's probably more dead than these modes.

I just don't think features should be removed from multiplayer games even if they are underused.

I don't think modes should ever be removed ever from released products.

nded

So they fixed "overlong wait times" for CTF and Pilot hunter by making it even more inconvenient for people to play these modes.

Seems legit.

sp3000

I don't think people understand how good ctf was. Seriously the only mode that was enjoyable playing with friends.

This fucking game is getting uninstalled tonight

scitek

Wow, I paid $23 for it yesterday, and I'm almost sorry now that I even gave them that much of a sale. This is really stupid.

I don't think people understand how good ctf was. Seriously the only mode that was enjoyable playing with friends.

I just used 50GB of my 300 monthly data cap to download it last night, so I feel I should get something out of it. :/ This hobby's starting to lose its appeal to me.

char0n

Wow, super disappointing! I can see why though from an after-the-fact PR/Customer Service standpoint... Hoping for a quick flash-in-the-pan outrage then people who don't make up a majority of their players either quitting or moving to other playmodes and being happily quiet about it vs ongoing "it takes FOREVER to get a match, this game is dead/matchmaking is broken!" from the few still trying to get into those game modes propagating across social media.

Still a terrible choice to have made. I wonder if they could have simply really loosened up the matchmaking/in-match-join rules on those modes so even with imbalanced skill levels games could start at least. Unless each of those modes had less than 16 people playing on average during prime hours...

toothed1

Banned
This seems especially misguided since the founder of ESL suggested in that article he wrote that CTF would be the best candidate for a competitive match mode. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, or if other considerations make it pointless to mention (I haven't yet had a chance to read the entirety of this thread).

EL CUCO

No...Just no... People paid money for the game as advertised. You dont just pull the rug from under everyone's feet like this.

Special C

Isn't adding removing playlists like a thing that all shooters do? They didn't take the game modes out, just dedicated playlists for these modes.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

I just did that and already downloading Team Fortress 2. I may even go back to BF3, are the servers still somewhat active?

As someone who plays this actively on the PC i can tell you the wait times were pretty killer. It seems like even the other game modes have fairly long/inconsistent waiting periods. The past couple of days it has been fairly frustrating. It still boggles the mind that they would just strip that content out, there wasnt a whole lot of content there to begin with.

Well that's a given, but developers take more control of their multiplayer games, especially ones that are run as a service. They can add anything, remove anything, or simply do nothing and all of those can have adverse impacts on the game. I've never heard of entire game modes being removed though.

If LTS goes away I'm gonna have to buy a One, and I'm gonna be really pissed if I have to do that. Respawn needs to do something to get the numbers up on the PC.

I've got the game on PC and the X1. It's a better game on X1 despite the hardware being inferior to my rig. The game on PC is painful to play because of wait times. My play time is split between LTS and Attrition. Getting a LTS game on PC could have you waiting for 10min as players slowly cycle in and then drop out because they get tired of waiting. That's not an issue on X1. In my experience there's always a game ready.

Getting rid of game modes may not be seen as a proper response to the wait times on PC but some sort of response was definitely needed.

But I thought the whole purpose of azure servers was dynamic scaling so that an instance could be created when needed? So why the hell would you have to remove modes?

This shit is all fucked up lol

Part of me was holding onto some hope. That they would see the error of their ways and reverse this dumb decision. So I went to the official page to voice my disagreement on the matter and saw this: http://www.titanfall.com/community

Yes, that's right, they are using Twitter as a technical support help line. Twitter. I give up.

tumblr_m9ffnrV95U1r1vzzeo2_500.jpg

This.

I remember when Bungie removed Firefight Arcade from Halo: Reach playlists. That killed the game for me in one fell swoop.

This also reminds me of how manipulative COD could be with its playlists and what was that map - Nuketown? Didn't they only make that map available at certain times?

DarkFlow

Banned
Thanks for reminding me why I've never installed Origin or bought an EA game on my PC until Titanfall came out. Learning the hard way I guess...

-MD-

Lol you're obligated?

If he wants to play Killer Instinct then yes he is.

I'm already obligated to buy that stupid thing because of Killer Instinct. LTS going away would just push the buy date forward.

You're gonna buy the game again even after they pulled this shit?

I'm assuming EA will offer full refunds to those people that bought is game on the basis that they could play these game modes?

2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

I highly doubt it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm assuming EA will offer full refunds to those people that bought is game on the basis that they could play these game modes? I don't care about the pilot one, but removing CTF is bollocks. The entire game is MP only and they've just cut nearly half of it (well, two fifths)

Dedicated servers > matchmaking, there's just no way around it. No way I'm going to buy a multiplayer game built around matchmaking alone.
But I thought the whole purpose of azure servers was dynamic scaling so that an instance could be created when needed? So why the hell would you have to remove modes?

This shit is all fucked up lol

Read the OP? It's clearly stated that the mode was removed because there aren't enough people playing, leading to long wait times.

Vuze

Titanfall is the game I regret the most getting up until now for this year. Got it for 30€ via Origin Mexico with the season pass and yeah, never again. This is just awful.

Top Bottom