• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapplew

What if the game bomb so hard?
4.5 metacritic, sold only 100k, super short, become the laughing stock? Do you still want that game?

iratA

What if the game bomb so hard?
4.5 metacritic, sold only 100k, super short, become the laughing stock? Do you still want that game?

Come now, do not begin letting the doubters creep into your mind. You are stronger than this. Go back and review the trailers, there is a little bit of magic in some of those scenes and a lot of heart in some of those animations. Search your feelings you know it to be true.

iratA

Added Newest members, now nearly 100 strong!

Despera, MrCookiepants, qa_engineer, Wolff, BurnOutBrighter, TheHater, gketter, IncandescentPrecept, 10K, televator, unknownstranger, SquiddyCracker, Riderz1337, tensuke, Admiral Woofington

TomShoe

Banned
what is it about this game that makes people so crazy?

The fact that Ico and SoTB were amazing games, all good things come in threes, and the fact that this game has been semi-vaporware, not deconfirmed, but constantly teased for years. (unlike full vaporwares like Agent or HL3),

PLEASE ADD ME!

I have been utterly morose, dejected and disconsolate with this game's endless development cycle.

Somber is not a word for this!

I would like to join this support group. I hope there are many shoulders to cry on.

I pre-ordered the Last Guardian when I worked at GameStop the very day it showed up in the system. It now seems ever so long ago.

SiteSeer

sept.'13 they said they were waiting to re-introduce the game and re-engineering with a smaller team. before that it was on hiatus behind other games with higher priority (knack and puppeteer). before that the director stepped down. before that they had 'technical difficulties' and made only 'slow progress'. now a leak said its gonna be at e3, then someone lets out that this year is seeing a record number of false e3 rumors ... this game is a miserable pile of lies. glorious lies. hold me.

esterk

This is the year. I can FEEL it...

...just like last year...

...and the year before that...

...and the one before...

...and...
Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png

sept.'13 they said they were waiting to re-introduce the game and re-engineering with a smaller team..

How would such a thing even be feasible?

Completely rework a title with a smaller team? If you couldn't make it work with a larger team, how the hell would a smaller one be more viable?

ugt2NaC.jpg

Love is but the song we sing,
And fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Know the dove is on the wing
And you need not know why
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try and love one another right now
Some will come and some will go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moments sunlight
Fading in the grass
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
If you hear the song I sing,
You must understand
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Right now
Right now!

We know that feel Bros. We all do
YUmy7SH.jpg

SiteSeer

How would such a thing even be feasible?

Completely rework a title with a smaller team? If you couldn't make it work with a larger team, how the hell would a smaller one be more viable?

i took re-engineering to mean the graphics engine for next-gen console, but could be anything. as said, its a miserable pile of lies.

odhiex

I never stop believing...

I'm in, and I hope Sony wouldn't wait for the re-reveal till TGS because I cannot wait any longer.

I have this gif constantly on my computer: as mentioned above

i975uUhIFDZmU.gif

and even if it doesnt appear this year , im sure it will be next year.... no, this year... someone hold me.

This year BELIEVE!

something something SoTC something something ICO

ugt2NaC.jpg

Love is but the song we sing,
And fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Know the dove is on the wing
And you need not know why
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Some will come and some will go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moments sunlight
Fading in the grass
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
If you hear the song I sing,
You must understand
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Right now
Right now!

We know that feel Bros. We all do
YUmy7SH.jpg

The feels

Rootbeer

Banned
100% Believe and support. I will never stop believing in the potential of this game.

After the confirmation of its continued development I truly hope... yes, even believe... that this E3 will be its time to shine.

And if not? I'm still going to wait and be supportive.

UrbanRats

I'm not a super fan of Ico (though it was definitely peculiar, in a good sense) but Shadow of the Colossus, is a permanent resident in my top 10 games of all time.
That game is just a near-perfect masterpiece for me.

I refuse to believe we won't see another Team Ico game ever again, so there is definitely a delusional element in there.

Because ICO and SotC are seminal video game classics, coupled with the fact that there's really nothing else out there that's like them. People just want more of what those two games offer.

Plus big-ass scary yet adorable griffin/cat/dog thing!

I personally always found the concept behind tlg underwhelming. Sotc was such a grandiose game , that making a sequel that focused on interactions wirh a big bird , i dunno, seems kinda thin for a full game.

I think the game is in dev limbo precisely because they cant figure out how to make a full game out of this concept. I mean interacting with an ai mount is a feature , not a full game. Think sotc , but with no colossi , more emphasis on ico platforming and making the horse bigger.

I think we need to decide on whether chicken dog hyena is a he or a she. Personally it'd be better for me if it's a she since female dogs/bears are super protective of what they consider their children.

farmerboy

Thanks for this, you can add me as a member if you want.

Bought a ps3 for it, watched the trailer a million times, forced my wife (she's not a gamer) to watch it just for the feels.

Every now and then I bring it up with her, and she's like, "When's it coming out, you showed me that trailer years ago, it looks interesting?", and I just shrug, wondering what gaming god we have offended to be dealt this fate.

I play games to go somewhere I've never been before, to do amazing things I'll never do in real life. The time is right, the time is now. And her return will be glorious.

Subscribed.

squidyj

I think The Last Guardian was already released. The trailers we saw? That was it. Its all about directly interacting with the audience. Instead of the boy dying or the griffin dying, we die, of old age, still waiting for a game that will never come. Thus creating art.

Nibel

I think The Last Guardian was already released. The trailers we saw? That was it. Its all about directly interacting with the audience. Instead of the boy dying or the griffin dying, we die, of old age, still waiting for a game that will never come. Thus creating art.

KuGsj.gif

:(

mcz117chief

Why do people keep saying that either the monster or the boy must die ? In neither of Fumito Ueda's games has a good character died, only characters that did "die" are the Queen and Dormin (if you consider Dormin to be alive in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom