• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster

Where was this thread at Christmas?
That's always a tough time of the year. It's bad enough seeing all the happy families around you joyously playing on their shiny new consoles but then somebody cheerily says "happy holidays" and it's like a non-denominational dagger to the heart.

That American phrase "holidays" brings to mind that trailer and years of broken promises.
It reminds you of the game that should have been there beside you in the holidays.
It reminds you of the space in the cupboard/HDD that remains unfilled. It reminds you what you should be playing on the console you bought for TLG.
It reminds you of when you glimpsed an alternative gaming future full of adorable giant griffin things rather than the generic microtransaction infested dystopia we live in today.
How could "the holidays" possibly be "happy"?

It was a tough time for me, I was so low I ended up playing a FPS! No worse than that it was Killzone! And I enjoyed it! I even played online!
Looking back that must have been rock bottom, at least this thread should ensure I don't sink so low after E3.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Too much negativity in this thread.

It's coming people, in a wonderful panoramic cardboard package, maybe with some art cards too.

Paracelsus

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't it take much less time for us to know for a fact PG was behind MGR which had been rebooted after the greenhorn Kojima team failed miserably? TTP spoiled us, if I recall correctly.

How come does nobody know exactly who is now behind the game, if SCEA sent backup troops to fix that mess?

Stoof

I just have a feeling that the expectations have gotten too high from it being absent so long and it'll just be a disappointment :(

If it ever comes out

I got back into gaming bc of TLG. At least I've played some great games during the wait. Maybe I'll get back to being productive after I beat it. Until then, I believe.

jett

D-Member
It's over.

untitled-181kpp.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I am of the mind that games that take ten years in development are probably not games worth waiting for.

At best, they are likely games you will have to make excuses to justify and defend them because you've invested emotionally over a decade.

Correct.

Son Of D

I am of the mind that games that take ten years in development are probably not games worth waiting for.

At best, they are likely games you will have to make excuses to justify and defend them because you've invested emotionally over a decade.

See also: Final Fantasy XV (you just know that by the time it releases it'll be 10 years since the Versus reveal).

Filaipus

Banned
They should just make another game and let this one rest as a legend, teasing it from year to year.

I think maybe their main problem was making the game fun to play. I don't know. I don't even have a PS4 but would love to play this game.

Yep. "Oh, this was always a Japanese game and they'll show that at TGS." Then when it doesn't show, "Oh, well I guess they're saving it for the One More Thing at the next e3."

Repeat forever.

hey man the Xbone has no kinect anything can happen! I hear Nintendo bought the tech for the Phantom and will release it!
/s of course

Great thread. We needed this. Hug me.

I've moved on. Really.

I don't think TLG stand a chance in this day and age.
Yes, they created one of the best game in PS2 era, but we have many "silent" artsy game from indi today, it's not unique anymore.
It doesn't have enough content to sell at $60 for today's standard.
Even it have vast beautiful open world for you to explore, adorable giant pet, instant classic sound track, unforgettable emotional story, exceptional graphics.....

Dammit I want TLG so much!
Haha. My same thought process here. The last two games were so influential that TLG
will not be as unique any more.

Still, I want to believe.

iratA

80+ Supporters in just over 200 posts!!

This tells me this group is only just starting to gather its strength. From here on out I will try to keep the OP updated with those who genuinely show their support for this game.

Starting today I will be announcing Membership Status to TLGSG. Check the OP to see if you've made it. I will update it as often as I can.

Thanks Again and 'Believe'

Despera

Banned
80+ Supporters in just over 200 posts!!

This tells me this group is only just starting to gather its strength. From here on out I will try to keep the OP updated with those who genuinely show their support for this game.

Starting today I will be announcing Membership Status to TLGSG. Check the OP to see if you've made it. I will update it as often as I can.

Thanks Again and 'Believe'
Well fuck it...

I'm in.

Wolff

I'm in. After all this time i'm still a believer and i do think this is it. It is closer than ever. BELIEVE.

I have this gif constantly on my computer: as mentioned above

i975uUhIFDZmU.gif

and even if it doesnt appear this year , im sure it will be next year.... no, this year... someone hold me.

Despera

Banned
If the game is at least as good as my first time playing Ico, then all is forgiven.

But I have this feeling that there's a 5% chance they scrapped the whole thing and are working on Shadow of the Colossus 2 for the PS4. I'm all for new IPs and stuff, but SoTC deserves a sequel. And with the PS4's graphical capabilities... shit would be glorious!

Banned
Sign me up!

Also, I read the title and thought it was a gay community for a sec lol.

The Lesbian, Gay and Super Gay group!

I'd like to join the membership. I've been waiting for this game for so long. I still remember when the older trailer leaked a few weeks before E3 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom