• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMUSIX said:
Posted in the related OT thread...but now that No Doubt has announced that they're back together...could this possibly be why there's been a delay in confirming just what makes up that No Doubt pack? A new track?

totally wishful thinking
It kind of gives me hope that it won't just be the Singles CD as the DLC. There are a lot of good songs on it but not enough of their old stuff. I've been listening to their self titled CD all week and I would LOVE to see the whole album for download. The CD would work great except for Sad For Me since it doesn't have drums but is an awesome song. Those songs would also be some of the best songs for drums and bass.

birdman

Costanza said:
El Scorcho is the BEST FUCKING SONG EVER, so yes that would be a great pack for 99 cents.

Fun to sing, not bad on drums, boring on guitar. Before you try to kill me Costanza, I love the song.

M3wThr33 said:
OR they knew about this WAY ahead of time.

OR people just like No Doubt.

UraMallas

birdman said:
Fun to sing, not bad on drums, boring on guitar. Before you try to kill me Costanza, I love the song.
I don't think he meant within the Rock Band realm. The song just straight up kicks ass, yo. On your break down within Rock Band though I'd actually agree entirely.

2DMention

Banned
Anybody else using the RB2 cymbals? They're always getting loose and falling off for me... Looks like I'll have to do a sandpaper mod or something...

2DMention said:
Anybody else using the RB2 cymbals? They're always getting loose and falling off for me... Looks like I'll have to do a sandpaper mod or something...

Yeah I think you're supposed to snap them a bit higher, but I didn't do it and now I can't unsnap them. It's really frustrating to have it screw me up in the middle of a song.

bounchfx

birdman said:

funny, because I think el scorcho is terrible for the game. It's one of the 2-3 songs I regret buying out of several hundred.

Memles

Just played a round tonight with some people in residence, and I need to commend Harmonix for No Fail Mode - I had never bothered to (or had to) use it in any of my previous group settings, but this one had a lot of newbies and a lack of singers (aka only me). So at the end of the night, when I wanted to sit down at the drums for a bit, I could rock out my Medium "Won't Get Fooled Again" knowing that the guy singing, even though he couldn't hit Daltry's notes worth a lick, could get 35% without worrying about the rockin' stoppin'.

AMUSIX

DrBo42 said:
Has anyone heard of any problems with the ION set?
I can't say that I've heard of many problems. Some people early on were mentioning the cymbals not being sensitive enough, but it may be that they were tightening them down too much.

Personally, I haven't had an issue with mine. Just remember to always check your joints, tightening them as needed...and to replace your sticks regularly...nylon tips can help.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
AMUSIX said:
I can't say that I've heard of many problems. Some people early on were mentioning the cymbals not being sensitive enough, but it may be that they were tightening them down too much.

Personally, I haven't had an issue with mine. Just remember to always check your joints, tightening them as needed...and to replace your sticks regularly...nylon tips can help.

Replacing sticks eh?

I've noticed my stock RB sticks are beginning to hurt my hands now, I dunno why but the vibration from hitting the pads are now making my hands feel odd through more intense songs. Is that a sign they're on they need replacing?

AMUSIX

McBradders said:
Replacing sticks eh?

I've noticed my stock RB sticks are beginning to hurt my hands now, I dunno why but the vibration from hitting the pads are now making my hands feel odd through more intense songs. Is that a sign they're on they need replacing?
Replacing sticks is more to keep from tearing up the drums. As you play, the tip of the sticks will develop dents and nicks...these starts to grind on the strike pads of the drums. New sticks cut back on this considerably...and old sticks are just abusive.

As for vibration, I can't say that would be affected by old or new sticks. However, you might want to try a different weight, length, or grain...or even try a new material. If your sticks used to feel good, but don't anymore, it's possible that they've warped.

McBradders

AMUSIX said:
Replacing sticks is more to keep from tearing up the drums. As you play, the tip of the sticks will develop dents and nicks...these starts to grind on the strike pads of the drums. New sticks cut back on this considerably...and old sticks are just abusive.

As for vibration, I can't say that would be affected by old or new sticks. However, you might want to try a different weight, length, or grain...or even try a new material. If your sticks used to feel good, but don't anymore, it's possible that they've warped.

Oh man, I really dont want to go in to a music store and ask them about sticks for a videogame :lol :(

(ring ring)
"Tesco Ipswich. Press 1 for opening hours, press 2 for a customer assistant."
(2)
(ring ring for about 3 minutes)
"Hello, customer assistant."
"Hi, I was looking to check the stock of a computer game..."
"We've got no-one in that department today, you'll have to ring back tomorrow."

who wants to get in some sunday rock band lovin in today. probably will be on at around 5pm est. I had some awesome games with jake on friday and taker on saturday.

I think I will pick up the stage kit today. Thanksgiving is coming up and I will be having 20 or so people over for dinner. I would say about 10 of those people are hardcore rock band heads.

I wonder if it's possible to have multiple RB stage kits hooked up at the same time? (If so I have no problem buying multiple kits) does anyone know? How does the stage kit work if you have all 4 instruments hooked up? I remember someone saying that the kit becomes the controller for the mic.

I need answers!

AMUSIX

McBradders said:
Oh man, I really dont want to go in to a music store and ask them about sticks for a videogame :lol :(
Ha...well, you don't have to tell them what it's for...just go in and ask for exactly what you want...be it lightweight practice sticks...or japanese white oak...or nylon tips....then, to look like you know what you're doing, roll the sticks on the counter (the straighter they are, the better...but ultimately it's how they feel in your hand) and tap the sticks on the counter (they should both make the same sound).

AMUSIX

BigBlackGamer said:
who wants to get in some sunday rock band lovin in today. probably will be on at around 5pm est. I had some awesome games with jake on friday and taker on saturday.

I think I will pick up the stage kit today. Thanksgiving is coming up and I will be having 20 or so people over for dinner. I would say about 10 of those people are hardcore rock band heads.

I wonder if it's possible to have multiple RB stage kits hooked up at the same time? (If so I have no problem buying multiple kits) does anyone know? How does the stage kit work if you have all 4 instruments hooked up? I remember someone saying that the kit becomes the controller for the mic.

I need answers!
Only one at a time...unless you have 2 vocalists...the stage is kit is the vocalist's controller.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Okay, I'm new to Rock Band AND I've never taken my 360 out of my house.

Going to see family at some point this holiday season and will be bringing the 360 this time instead of the usual Wii.

My wife's brothers will like Left 4 Dead splitscreen and the rest can dig on some No Fail Mode Rock Band 2.

What do I need to know to do this? Am I gonna have DRM troubles if I don't connect online? If I do, am I gonna have any trouble?
Anything else I should know? What are some fun DLC songs that older people who like classic rock more than me will like?

Staccat0 said:
What do I need to know to do this? Am I gonna have DRM troubles if I don't connect online? If I do, am I gonna have any trouble?

as long as you bought your RB songs on that console you will be able to play those songs offline. if the console you originally bought your songs on died then you will need to do a license transfer. which is here

AMUSIX

Staccat0 said:
Anything else I should know? What are some fun DLC songs that older people who like classic rock more than me will like?
The Jimmy Buffet pack tends to be a huge hit with an older crowd. Also, you should have the Boston pack (they're good songs to get people to gather).

Other than that, I'd suggest having "All Right Now" by Free, "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood, and, depending on the audience, either the Grateful Dead (Truckin' and Casey Jones) or The Who (Baba O'Riley and Behind Blue Eyes).

The tracks on RB2 that are good to pull out are Rock'n Me, Go Your Own Way, and Spirit in the Sky.

And be sure to set it on 'No Fail'.

BigBlackGamer said:
on a side note I find it mind boggling that the Lips mic does not work with RB2. I mean REALLY? those lips mics are so awesome.
I think it's a technical thing - they're not USB mics, but they're not full on standard controllers either - have to wait for it to be patched in.

yea but Lips is MS Published.....you would think they would be on that from day one. especially since the whole RB/360 1 month exclusive thing. I just find it odd.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anyone tried the 'stagelights'? They look like a completely standalone sound-sentitive thing with coloured LEDs that change in time to the music. selling them in HMV in the UK as compatible with singstar, rock band, guitar hero (basically anything that has sound..)

I'm assuming they are some sort of rubbish gimmick, but just wondering if anyone has tried them, on the offchance they are actually good and enhance the rockband/guitar hero experience.

M3wThr33

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
yea but Lips is MS Published.....you would think they would be on that from day one. especially since the whole RB/360 1 month exclusive thing. I just find it odd.
Watch the Lips mics get patched in before the SONY-MANDATED GHWT drums patch for RB2.

Kafel

Banned
Is there someone here who ordered a figure from rockband.com ? How does it really look like ?

Or does someone know where I can find a pic of the real thing ?

BigBlackGamer said:
I'll be around to do some singing at that time.

Send an invite to Lazy Ninjas.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can someone please help with the 'unlock all songs in quickplay' cheat on RB2 PS3?

I have a Japanese PS3 so 'O' is ok and 'X' is back - the opposite of the US PS3s (which is the region of the game I've bought). When I try and press 'red' for the first part of the code, it just exits out of the cheat entry screen.

am I doing something wrong, or am I fucked because of my JPN PS3?

McBradders

mrklaw said:
Can someone please help with the 'unlock all songs in quickplay' cheat on RB2 PS3?

I have a Japanese PS3 so 'O' is ok and 'X' is back - the opposite of the US PS3s (which is the region of the game I've bought). When I try and press 'red' for the first part of the code, it just exits out of the cheat entry screen.

People keep saying songs are locked, but there doesn't seem to be anything at all missing in my quickplay menu (not that I can be 100% sure with all the DLC I have). I'm far from done with any of the tours :/

M3wThr33

Banned
mrklaw said:

You've been asking for a while. By now you could have unlocked them all yourself.

McBradders said:
People keep saying songs are locked, but there doesn't seem to be anything at all missing in my quickplay menu (not that I can be 100% sure with all the DLC I have). I'm far from done with any of the tours :/

Sort your songs by Location, highlight Rock Band 2 and see if it says 84.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ugghhhh, why will it only let me play visions, battery and painkiller on hard in World tour. They are the three songs I can't actually play on hard (along with everlong and E-pro, but I had the option of not playing those two on hard)

I now have all my songs unlocked with the exception of Visions... maybe I will leave it that way.

(EDIT: unlocked battery and painkiller by playing the rolling stone challenge on medium...)

Xevren

BigBlackGamer said:

I'd like to play with you guys as well if there's an opening.

2DMention

Banned
Finally fixed the cymbals problem. Indeed you do have to set them up higher so that the ridge lines up with the protrusion on the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom