• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for bailing so early Archie and Xevren. My dinner came through the door earlier than expected and I wanted to eat it while it was hot. But at least we got a few gold stars in.

It was fried chicken by the way and it was delicious.

I'm up to play again at any time I'm online so just shoot me an invite.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Just so you folks know, there's a Game with Developers thing going on in about 25 minutes.

Gamertags:

HarmonixDev1: Casey Malone, Designer
HarmonixDev2: Ben Currier, Manufacturing Analyst
HarmonixDev3: Tom Peterson, QA Tester
HarmonixDev4: Robert Butts, QA Tester
HarmonixDev5: Jessica Smith, Web QA Engineer
HarmonixDev6: Milo Martinez, QA Tester
HarmonixDev8: Tom Brown, QA Tester
HarmonixDev9: Joseph Pagliuca, QA Tester
HarmonixDev10: Alex Gold, QA Tester
HarmonixDev11: Nathaniel Read, QA Tester
HarmonixDev12: Joe Kelly, Composer/Sound Designer
HarmonixDev13: Sean Baptiste, Manager of Community Development
HarmonixDev15: Jay Magrisso, QA Tester

mrklaw

MrArseFace
M3wThr33 said:
You've been asking for a while. By now you could have unlocked them all yourself.

aah, now I know why we hate you.

seriously though, if I had the time to put in I probably could, but I want to do some quickplay with my son or casually. The two aren't mutually exclusive - I have started going through the tour challenges but they need me to set aside some single player time (because if I play with my kids I need the nofail switched on which means no saves)

And the reason I've been asking for a while is because I haven't found an answer yet - usually this thread moves so fast while people argue pointlessly about whether track A or band B is any good (which you'll never get an agreed answer for because its music and completely subjective)

2DMention

Banned
Charron said:
Just so you folks know, there's a Game with Developers thing going on in about 25 minutes.

Gamertags:

Those testers are gonna be awesome at this game.

M3wThr33

Banned
mrklaw said:
aah, now I know why we hate you.

seriously though, if I had the time to put in I probably could, but I want to do some quickplay with my son or casually. The two aren't mutually exclusive - I have started going through the tour challenges but they need me to set aside some single player time (because if I play with my kids I need the nofail switched on which means no saves)

And the reason I've been asking for a while is because I haven't found an answer yet - usually this thread moves so fast while people argue pointlessly about whether track A or band B is any good (which you'll never get an agreed answer for because its music and completely subjective)

1) The people don't hate me. HMX hates me for owning a PS3
2) The straight shot is the marathon challenges. NOT TOUR MODE. Each difficulty has 2 sets of 6 songs. 2 * 6 * 7 = 84.
3) Welcome to world where HMX hates PS3 owners.

Xevren

Fun games today guys, although it was pretty brief on both of them lol. If anyone ever wants to play co-op just send me a message when i'm playing the game, I love playin the game.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
XShagrath said:
I'm so lame. I've gotten two invites from them (2 & 15), but I'm in a full local band, so can't really kick people out to play with the HMX guys. :(

I got invited by 8, but the invite didn't work. :(

Charron said:

Gamertags:

HarmonixDev14 must be stuck on the PS3 version or something.

birdman

I'd like to take the time to thank my country's fore fathers for giving me the Killers on Tuesday instead of Thursday. The first play through will be for you.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
BigBlackGamer said:
as long as you bought your RB songs on that console you will be able to play those songs offline. if the console you originally bought your songs on died then you will need to do a license transfer. which is here
cool, thanks!
AMUSIX said:
The Jimmy Buffet pack tends to be a huge hit with an older crowd. Also, you should have the Boston pack (they're good songs to get people to gather).

Other than that, I'd suggest having "All Right Now" by Free, "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood, and, depending on the audience, either the Grateful Dead (Truckin' and Casey Jones) or The Who (Baba O'Riley and Behind Blue Eyes).

The tracks on RB2 that are good to pull out are Rock'n Me, Go Your Own Way, and Spirit in the Sky.

And be sure to set it on 'No Fail'.
Yeah, Gateful Dead and Who prolly won't play well with this crowd, but your other suggestions are totally in my In Laws' taste. Thanks for the tip. I forgot half that shit was in there.:lol

hah I had a awesome time with HMX devs. even a long ass discussion about coldplay being in RB. my voice was finally heard. somebody even knew about Hayley Friday and they got a laugh because my drummer was Hayley. good times.

I even pulled off a 98% in Won't Get Fooled Again which is my all time high on that song.

M3wThr33

Banned
I just watched the 8 minute clip they have online for the MTV show, Rock Band Battle. I want to kill myself.

The premise is fine, really, a game competition show. I mean, look at the attention Score Hero gets. Gussy it up and it could be cool. But... the bands they got. I fucking played Guitar Hero 1 better the day it came out. They're not even playing on Expert. How the fuck does that work out?

I know in previous Harmonix/MTV run competitions they encourage playing on lower difficulties so you have more freedom to move around, but this is just retarded to watch.

Also, I like how Shavo calls himself the bassist in SOAD, as if they're still together.

BigBlackGamer said:
hah I had a awesome time with HMX devs. even a long ass discussion about coldplay being in RB. my voice was finally heard. somebody even knew about Hayley Friday and I got a laugh because my drummer was Hayley. good times.

I even pulled off a 98% in Won't Get Fooled Again which is my all time high on that song.

Where is the PS3 patch for GHWT drums?
Where is the sort by download-date?
Where is the PS3 patch for message of the day?
Where is the Stage Kit for PS3? (Drum Rocker finally has a pre-order for PS)
What is the black plug on the drum kit for?
What is the awesomness detector for?
What the FUCK is up with the Nirvana pack?
Fastball (Tony Scalzo) said that Harmonix/MTV haven't talked to license their songs for the game. What the hell?

Edit:
Actually, I have an idea about awesomeness detection. In about two weeks I'll find out for sure.

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, in a few weeks I'm going to re-wire my setup in my apartment, and part of that involves changing my PS3 from using Wifi to going over ethernet. (Mainly for the PSP Ad-hoc stuff) But the side effect of that, is that it'll be REALLY easy to sniff packets. I have a feeling it sends something to Harmonix when you do.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
M3wThr33 said:
1) The people don't hate me. HMX hates me for owning a PS3
2) The straight shot is the marathon challenges. NOT TOUR MODE. Each difficulty has 2 sets of 6 songs. 2 * 6 * 7 = 84.
3) Welcome to world where HMX hates PS3 owners.

thanks. I'll do the challenges - started last night in earnest.

why do harmonix hate PS3 owners? I'm having a great time so far.

M3wThr33

Banned
Oh, it's a full package, just not the COMPLETE package.

It's little things they leave out, like the Message of the Day, that the 360 has. You don't feel like you're missing out, until you play with the 360 version for a bit.

But at least you don't waste the long ass time selecting profiles, hard drives and shit.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
BigBlackGamer said:
hah I had a awesome time with HMX devs. even a long ass discussion about coldplay being in RB. my voice was finally heard. somebody even knew about Hayley Friday and they got a laugh because my drummer was Hayley. good times.

Fucking A! Hayley Friday an unstoppable machine!

painey

fucking GAME.. they send the game out LATE and dont even use next day shipping, so its still not here and I already took my other copy back in anticipation for it coming today.

McBradders

painey said:
fucking GAME.. they send the game out LATE and dont even use next day shipping, so its still not here and I already took my other copy back in anticipation for it coming today.

I have two copies.

*sigh*

Kafel said:
So what's the word on RB2's drums ? Do I still need to buy silencers ?

Release date in Europe (360) ?

They're awesome in my experience. They perfectly detect rolls, they feel much more sturdy, and the pads are made of a softer, bouncier rubber. It's much, much more quiet. I don't think you could get any better than this unless they made the pads out of kevlar like professional electronic drums.

DuckRacer

M3wThr33 said:
Oh, it's a full package, just not the COMPLETE package.

It's little things they leave out, like the Message of the Day, that the 360 has. You don't feel like you're missing out, until you play with the 360 version for a bit.

But at least you don't waste the long ass time selecting profiles, hard drives and shit.
There's no message of the day on RB2 PS3?

Struct09

M3wThr33 said:

Thankfully Rock Band 2 only does this the first time it starts up. I really hate games that ask for a storage device EVERY time they boot up, even if the HDD is the only memory unit you have attached to the system.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Duck said:
There's no message of the day on RB2 PS3?

I thought I saw a message of the day on my copy? Some annoying floating message telling me to buy stuff from the store that I already had?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Struct09 said:
Thankfully Rock Band 2 only does this the first time it starts up. I really hate games that ask for a storage device EVERY time they boot up, even if the HDD is the only memory unit you have attached to the system.

lumines

birdman

Struct09 said:

Lazy developers.

NekoFever

painey said:
Mine turned up from Game on Saturday. Didn't get the shipping confirmation on it until about 4:30pm Friday.

Kafel

Banned
AtomicShroom said:
They're awesome in my experience. They perfectly detect rolls, they feel much more sturdy, and the pads are made of a softer, bouncier rubber. It's much, much more quiet. I don't think you could get any better than this unless they made the pads out of kevlar like professional electronic drums.

Thx.

Now EA needs to ship them in Europe ASAP.

Struct09 said:

FUCKING NEVERSOFT/CAPCOM.

Guess what arrives tomorrow!

For now, I'll keep myself amused with a little game from Channel 4 news of coming up with songs for the pre-budget report. So far, Money Money Money by ABBA, Panic by The Smiths, Turning Japanese and Livin on a Prayer are in the running.

McBradders

JonathanEx said:
Guess what arrives tomorrow!

For now, I'll keep myself amused with a little game from Channel 4 news of coming up with songs for the pre-budget report. So far, Money Money Money by ABBA, Panic by The Smiths, Turning Japanese and Livin on a Prayer are in the running.

Late to the party should play sometime this week!

Unfortunately Tuesday and Wednesday are out for me as I have a Milestone Wednesday and need to stay behind to get shit done, but Thursday I will be there with multiple cowbells on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom