• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

Never had the honor of knowing him, but rest in peace Guardian.

latest

Virdix

I'm always in and out of DGAF as I take long breaks from the game. Every time I would come back I would see Drizzly posting and helping people out in the OT.

Wish I had gotten the chance to play with him.

RIP.

Coreda

Gosh, how tragic. Only had been aware of him vaguely from the endless Destiny OTs but sincere condolences.

Skele7on

Banned
Holy fuck.

I used to play so many games with him, I will miss him.

Rest In Peace guardian. May your light shine forever.

Dunkley

I admit I didn't know about him prior to this thread, but jeez that is rough. My condolences to his close family, but also to all of the Gaffers and Destiny Members who are struck by this.

Having lost one of my closest friends I know how much pain it can bring to have to let go of a great person, just know your pain is legit and incase anyone needs someone to talk to, PM me and I'll listen to you. I know I needed that back then.

As for the man himself, I feel for many he made Destiny the great experience it can be with friends, and for that I salute him. Rest in peace, and thanks for the joy you brought to the Destiny community.

No way, so sad. I still lurked the Destiny threads and was happy to see it still going strong for such a long time. So young, my condolences to his family :(

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
My condolences to his family. I played with him a number of times. He really was an incredible part of the community and always helpful and giving to other members. He will certainly be missed.

Not Drizz man. Amazing guy, kind and unbelievably patient. Mr Raid Leader and carrier extraordinaire. The next raid boss won't get the ass kicking it deserves sadly. RIP buddy

Pong!

Neo Member
Wow, what terrible news to wake up to :(

Drizz was the man, I used to get lots of checkpoints from him and he was always the nicest most patient person I think I ever met via gaming.

Condolences to all the people who knew him, I'll miss you my friend.

Jinjo

I can only hope to leave a fraction of the impact he had on this community. This thread is testament to how loved he was, truly a great person. May he look upon us from the Traveler in the sky during the rest our adventures. Rest in peace, Guardian.

I haven't played more than an hour of destiny in a few months, had a nice eulogy for the doctor tonight. We all talk about how selfless this man was, which is 100% true, but that does no justice to him, he was the kindest guy, was very funny and so bright. His sense of humor and his laugh is what I'll miss the most, truly a brother in arms (albeit digitally). One of the most positive influences in my life in the last few years, I can't even, honestly, you are so missed drizz, goodbye my dear friend.

Never knew him, I am new to these parts. But I am not new to Destiny, you really can meet some great people there. Friends on Destiny probably saved my life in one of the darkest points I've been through. If he was even close to one of the good people I've had the pleasure of knowing through the raids, trials etc, then he will be truly missed.

Rest in peace, Guardian.

ibu

My condolences to his family and loved ones. Also to those who knew him well on here via Destiny.

He was a year old than I and still had so much more to achieve going forward, it's a stark reminder of how finite our time is on this plain.

Too soon.

Blam

Man this just sucks to here, seeing as I joined DGAF a bit late I never got the chance to play with him, but he seemed like a hella of a guy to play with. Sad many won't get the chance to do so.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I didnt knew him but reading through this thread and posts...Destiny GAF..well no GAF in general lost someone special. Sucks to hear him passing away this young, condolences to his wife and family :-/

Terrible news... 33 years old, that's just... not right...

Rest in peace. Didn't know him well, but I never heard anything but great things about the guy :(

Nokterian

RIP :( Looks like he did fantastic stuff for the community but also for the dev's. Hopefully there will be some honorable in the game i would pay a visit. Condolences for friends and family in these difficult times.

YomommaZ

Wow goddamn this hit me harder than I ever could've imagined... When I read the thread title I already assumed what had happened as he truly was the best of us. I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and I'm a guy who doesn't usually show emotions.

I never knew him in person but he always took the time out of his day/night to help when I needed something even though I live on the other side of the globe and it probably wasn't the most convenient timing for him most of the time. Since I stopped playing for a longer period of time most of my friends moved on and wouldn't bother with the stuff I wanted to do but he always jumped in and offered his help even though I couldn't provide anything in return. Just a sincere Thank You!

My deepest condolences to friends and family.

Rest easy Boguester/DrDrizzay101!!!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
R.I.P. He carried me to the lighthouse. thanks for the memories Guardian

My first time there as well. I was never an excellent pvp player and assumed I'd never even see the Lighthouse.

Once he carried me I was able to start getting into decent groups of 3 each week and starting getting there consistently.

What fun times. Be at peace, Drizz. Hope he's looking back wondering what we're all sad about.

Top Bottom