• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

GutZ31

DrDrizzay was pretty much always there.

I don't mean in that he had nothing to do, or was just lurking.
He was always doing things with the community, for the community.

He would sherpa new and old players thru content that was not easily completed/understood, all while being patient, understanding, and humble.

Doing Raids/Nightfalls/Trails/Prison of Elders/Iron Banner/Strikes/Quests with anyone, and everyone that asked.
He was someone that made you want to be better.

The Destiny Gaf Community has long known how much he has helped, but only now do we feel the weight his back once carried.

We, the Destiny Gaf Community have been hard pressed to find ways to honor his legacy, and it is only fitting that the pros would try to fill the holes left by this guardians departure.
The Void left will never be truly healed, but we can at least do our part in making the scar look as badass as possible.

Many of us will be sherpa'ing first timers thru content in our way of honoring Drizzay.
It is something he did well, and he would want the community to have fun together.

You were the Gorilla Glue of the Destiny Gaf Community, Drizz.
We now are in the process of making hundreds of bottles of elmer's glue hold this thing together.
It can be done, but it will take alot of work.

Rest in peace bud. You will be missed dearly.

Greenymac

This news is terrible...My first raid he carried us. Subsequent times we carried others. He was always around and we were always trying new things. Killing Atheon with all Gjallarhorns or any number of things. Early morning checkpoints trading on reset day. What an awesome dude he was. Now I have to go look at my friends list and not see him online ever again. Man, this sucks. RIP brother. This community wont be the same without you. Heres an old vid of some of us from the community screwing around punishing Atheon with our friend Drizzay.

https://youtu.be/yJ909ZXr2H4

Boney

Banned
That's horrible! What a tragedy to pass away in an accident like that, was he sleeping?
Rip and I hope his family gets the necessary support to pull through.

urge26

Very sad. Never got the chance to play with him but he sounds like another amazing example of what makes the community and game so special. Rest in peace guardian.

Hey guys. I haven't played Destiny in a long time, and I wasn't really a part of the Destiny-GAF community, but I just wanted to drop in to say I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I didn't have the opportunity to know someone who seemed to mean a lot to so many of you.

My condolences.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This thread and the OT is truly a testimony to his character. I'm glad I had the honor of playing and talking with him, even for the ~year I was playing.

Dave_6

I still can't believe this, my heart aches as much this morning as it was when I first heard about it last night. RIP Drizzay, you will be missed more than I can put in words :(

Rainmaker

Banned
My very first Vault of Glass run was with him. Coincidentally it was the most fun I've ever had in Destiny. I always wanted to raid with him again but never asked because he was always trying to help everyone he could and didn't want to waste his time. He was incredible. This is heartbreaking.

Spoo

I remember when I first got back into Destiny, I came back -- with a friend -- and both of us had a single thing left to do: defeat Skolas. I made a post, knowing basically nobody, in the DGAF thread; in fact, the only person I knew *of* was Drizz, because it was clear every else held him in high-esteem. He had a list up of all the people he needed to help. Not wanted -- but needed. It must have been compulsive to him.

Somehow, I got on his list. When I talked to him in party chat I said "Hey, I have a buddy who needs this too. We're both woefully unprepared and underleveled for this. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that should be fine," he said.

When we got in, it was pandemonium to us. My friend and I darted behind walls that provided barely any cover to speak of. We were being shot at from all angles.

"I'll be right back," says Drizz.

Dude disappears off into a horde of monsters and the like. "We're fucked," I silently think to myself.

A minute later, he comes back.

Round Complete. They are dead. You are not. But how?

Nearly every round went down exactly like that. When we got to Skolas, which took almost no time at all, my friend and I had to actually *do something*. But Drizz carefully and clearly explained the rules of the encounter. While we passed the curse of death between us all, Drizz was joking and talking about Destiny in general. He made what could have been a nigh-horrendous experience of pain and suffering for two relative newcomers not only easy, but a pleasure. Never once lost his temper, and was always -- always -- in complete control of the match.

Since then, I've grown as a player; I became the leader of my own clan for a while. Help to carry people through the raid maybe 100 times. Even took people through Skolas. Found myself in competitive Destiny. And I always, always remembered that sense of complete control, patience, and positivity that Drizz that. Needless to say, there were times when I just couldn't even approximate it, but it was a standard of being that I have always wanted to emulate while I play the game.

I remember all this, and I talked to this man exactly 1 time. When you play Destiny, you meet a lot of people, and none of them have ever been as memorable as this guy. For those of you who spent countless hours with him, consider yourself lucky, but also know that I can't even imagine your sense of loss. When a person makes this kind of impact on you after a single session of play, what could he do with 2? 10? 30?

Thanks for everything, man.

Holy shit. He took me through my first Vault of Glass. Best experience ever in a video game. This gets me...This guy was the bomb and I played with him quite a bit last summer. This is terrible, just an utterly terrible accident. I can't even process the fact that he was only 33. Its incredible for all the wrong reasons.

Drizzy. You will be missed. RIP Guardian.

Feonix

33 is far too young. My condolences to his family and friends. He was a fantastic member of this community and will be very missed.

lt519

Fuck ): my condolences to his family, he was such a great person. From him taking me through my first flawless raid to us competing against each other taking people through Skolas School he was always such an amazing member of the community and a joy to play with.

RIP.

jayvo

Wow. Only 33 and just married. I'll be 33 in a few days and can't imagine this. Heard nothing but good things surrounding Destiny-GAF. My condolences to his family.

BokehKing

Banned
Introduced me to farming glimmer at the gatekeeper check point in Vault and one of the first guardians help me defeat crota for the first time.

Sadly I did not talk to him much, now wish I did more often.

Condolences to his family and the rest of DGaf

What a tragic loss! While it has been a while since I played Destiny, Drizzy was a constant positive presence with DGAF and a pillar of our community. You will be missed Drizz.

MADGAME

I had the pleasure of Raiding with him, but not until Crota. He helped my team beat him very early after release. Such a helpful member of the community, I didn't know him as well as others but I won't be removing him from my friends list. Safe travels, Drizzay

Seik

Banned
While I didn't know him, I give my sincerest condolences to his family and friends and all GAFers who knew him.

He was so young, this is tragic. :(

RIP, brother.

smisk

Holy shit this is weird. I've never played Destiny but just happened to click on this thread. Yesterday my mom mentioned to me that someone they go to church with has a daughter who's husband had just died of carbon monoxide poisoning while working on his home. The especially sad part was that they had only been married a couple months, there's no way this isn't the same person.
I'll have to ask her about the name.

So sad to hear this. Hadn't ever had the opportunity to play with him, but knew he was a very active and helpful member of the community. Condolences to his family.

zethren

Banned
Damn...my condolences to his family and friends... I never posted much in Destiny GAF, though I lurked it often during the times I played the game. And I remember seeing his posts. Way too soon, rest well, dude...

Meier

I really only ever played Destiny with my usual crew from FIFA so I didn't get a chance to play with Drizz, but by all accounts it sounds like he was truly a fantastic guy. Sent a link over to a RL friend who is a Destiny player and GAFfer and he responded like so many others that he was a great guy who'd helped him out many times. I feel so sorry for his new wife and his friends (both online and off) and family.

RIP Drizzay.

Comms

Neo Member
I feel like I was just starting to get to know him, he gave me a little parade when I entered the DGaf discord and we and others talked about how he never played GTA5, and how we hoped the new private matches in destiny would not become what they did there.

So I never really got to know Drizzay, but as a day 1 destiny player I had heard of his carries and his willingness to help anyone in the game who needed it, regardless of who they were. I wish I had a chance to run a raid with him, like he did for so many others.

He is directly responsible for me meeting the friends I now have from DGaf, and I am immensely grateful for that.

My thoughts are with his wife, his family and those who knew him best around Destiny, NeoGaf, and the world.

Vader582

Neo Member
One of the most helpful and patient players around. He helped me too many times to count. Where ever he is, if they need a sherpa, he'll step up. RIP Drizzay and thanks.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
duva31o6e.png

My deepest condolences to his family and to Destiny-GAF. Rest in peace, Drizzay.

LTWood12

DrDrizzay was pretty much always there.

I don't mean in that he had nothing to do, or was just lurking.
He was always doing things with the community, for the community.

He would sherpa new and old players thru content that was not easily completed/understood, all while being patient, understanding, and humble.

Doing Raids/Nightfalls/Trails/Prison of Elders/Iron Banner/Strikes/Quests with anyone, and everyone that asked.
He was someone that made you want to be better.

The Destiny Gaf Community has long known how much he has helped, but only now do we feel the weight his back once carried.

We, the Destiny Gaf Community have been hard pressed to find ways to honor his legacy, and it is only fitting that the pros would try to fill the holes left by this guardians departure.
The Void left will never be truly healed, but we can at least do our part in making the scar look as badass as possible.

Many of us will be sherpa'ing first timers thru content in our way of honoring Drizzay.
It is something he did well, and he would want the community to have fun together.

You were the Gorilla Glue of the Destiny Gaf Community, Drizz.
We now are in the process of making hundreds of bottles of elmer's glue hold this thing together.
It can be done, but it will take alot of work.

Rest in peace bud. You will be missed dearly.

Couldn't say it any better than that. Remember the night T & I met you we were running w/ Drizz & he called you in. For some reason i just remember us laughing a lot that night. Made so many friendships like this because of him. I'm just sick about it.

Top Bottom