• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

I've never been the most social Destiny player, playing with others in fits and starts over the last couple of years. Drizz made everyone feel welcome, and during the lean times, you could tell that he was the glue that held the community together.

RIP. My sincere condolences to his wife and family; his loss must leave a massive hole in their lives.

Darkwater

I didn't know this man, but I'm glad to see he was such a positive influence on those around him. My condoleances, and may he rest in peace.

blackflag

I'm stunned right now. Drizzay was the most helpful and nicest member of any community on or offline that I've ever met.

Although I haven't been on destiny in a few months I'll never forget the 2am pst reset raids we did every week for months. My most fun times gaming and I consider him a true friend.

R.I.P Drizzay. Guardian down

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So many testimonials of playing with him in this thread and the community thread. Just goes to show how great of a person he was.

lunlunqq

This is such a shocking and saddening news. Our "fun runs" were the most fun I've ever had with any game in my entire life. Such a awesome guy. I haven't been following destiny very closely recently due to life changes. I just pre-ordered RoI and was looking forward to play with the Dr and crew again. He will be missed. My deepest condolences to his family.

I have set up the Gofundme for Drizz's flowers here: gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

If there is anything you think I need to add to the campaign, let me know. Everyone who visits will know what it is for.

Go_Ly_Dow

Such sad news. I didn't know the guy, but he seemed to had a big impact on many people.

Rest in peace and my heart felt thoughts are with his family.

RetroMG

Oh man, what news to wake up to.

I haven't been in Destiny-GAF for a while, but Drizzay was always one of the best. I remember once, I was setting up a Hard Mode Crota raid, and I was super excited that Drizz was coming along to be our resident expert. (And I was extra-glad because I was garbage at the sword and hoping he would do it.) The last member to join the group let us know that he'd never done Hard Crota before, and I was hesitant to let him come along, but Drizzay said, "Let him come. It will be okay," and I didn't want to argue with Drizzay.
When we got down into the raid, the new player explained that not only had he never done Hard Mode Crota before, he'd never done Crota at all. When Drizzay heard it, he just laughed, and again, said, "It will be fine."

And it was.

Drizzay was a great player, and more importantly, and genuinely good guy. Destiny-Gaf is a little darker today, having lost his light.

DirtyLarry

Truly sorry to hear about this. RIP.

A forum I was once a very active member on and we were a pretty close knit community especially in the Gamers Hangout lost a member awhile back now. He is still on all of my friends list so it just always bums me out seeing his Gamerpic or Avatar on said networks and seeing them all list the same Last Active date. Truly makes me sad everytime I see it and it has been a good 3 years. It just always sucks. No other way to put it.

Not just a great member of the community but great human being.

He got me to the light house on my birthday this year.

When all of dgaf was in fighting over hm Croat last year. And it was bad. Once drizz got the monkey off his back after 12 hours of frustration. He then spent the next weekend getting all the gaf members through it.

A legend

I'm going to be sad as all hell today.

bonkeng

Even though I'm not a fan of Destiny due to Motion Sickness, news like this makes me sad.

In fact, it's triple the sadness since we're both of the same age, a gamer and also in the construction industry.

This would have been easily preventable with a gas meter and a ventilator.

Rest in Peace fellow Gaffer.

That Urk tweet really hit hard

RIP Drizzay, you were great for the community and our few encounters were always pleasant and fun. Guardian Down but not forgotten.

My condolences to his family,

NeOak

Holy shit this is weird. I've never played Destiny but just happened to click on this thread. Yesterday my mom mentioned to me that someone they go to church with has a daughter who's husband had just died of carbon monoxide poisoning while working on his home. The especially sad part was that they had only been married a couple months, there's no way this isn't the same person.
I'll have to ask her about the name.
Sounds like what we know too. He was remodeling the basement.

Small world.

Macello, I added the link to the top of the OP.

I never got to play with him but always read his posts. Seemed like a genuinely nice and helpful dude. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Acosta

May he rest in peace. Always sad seeing a NeoGaf member passing, and so young... Pretty obvious he left a good mark seeing this thread.

Best wishes for friends and family.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have set up the Gofundme for Drizz's flowers here: gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

If there is anything you think I need to add to the campaign, let me know. Everyone who visits will know what it is for.

nearly $1500 in an hour. Just goes to show how many people he helped. Destiny gaf is awesome.

This is very sad. I've never had an opportunity playing with him, but I know he was a pretty nice person while reading his posts. He was truly a pillar of the DestinyGAF community

Sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. He'll be dearly missed :(

Ambitious

I'm so sad to hear that. He was always so incredibly helpful, friendly and patient. I still clearly remember when he helped me and a third guy beat Skolas for the first time. Even though he had helped a few dozen groups before us, he still politely and patiently explained the mechanics in detail, did not get annoyed when we two screwed up and caused a wipe but joked about it, and was honestly happy for us when we ultimately beat it.

Thanks, Drizzay.

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't donate as I've literally just asked my for my card to be blocked for fraudulent transactions. If this is still up by the time my new card comes through I'll definitely contribute.

Awesome gesture everyone. <3

Dremark

Banned
RIP.
He had to put up with us.

He chose to help people put. I didn't know the guy, never played Destiny and never knew of him until this thread, but I think it's pretty clear that he helped out because he loved the game and the community.

Anyway he sounds like a stand up guy, passed way before his time and honestly reading about him makes me wish I was a destiny player. My condolences to his family, friends and community. It's really sad someone who touched so many passed so soon.

Jb

This is so tragic. My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones, he seemed like such a great guy.

Rest in peace

FinKL

RIP, horrible news to wake up to. As a habitual Destiny player, I always browsed Community and saw Drizz's name up for anything. True legend.

Stantron

I'm deeply saddened by the news of Drizzay's passing.
I'm in shock and disbelief.

I first played with Drizzay during my flawless Vault of Glass runs. This was fairly early on when only a few gaffers had already completed it so it was a real challenge. Of course there were a couple of wipes before we were able to pull it off. But Drizzay was super helpful in explaining game mechanics and patient as hell in assisting anyone who was struggling or had questions. I'm happy to have been able to tell him how much I appreciated that. I was also able to play with him throughout several raids and iron banner trains since launch. A person of Drizzay's character doesn't come by often, folks. Being in a group with Drizz inspired me to be a better person. I'm going to miss him; the destiny community is going to miss him. Thank you for the great memories, friend.

My condolences to his family.

Top Bottom